Koh Chang monk hugging foreign babes to be investigated

webfact

Looks like a bunch of crap to me mate.

Sure I have have seen extremes of where say at the hospital the Monk cannot take anything from a female nurse but most of these guys (monks) are real and understand practicalities.

The Monks and especially the Abbott are over all that <deleted> and can move onto practical stuff.

The practical stuff is collecting money (baht) and keeping it.

Life goes on even if you are a Monk that accidentally got touched by a woman.

Far out is this a weird thing?

Most of us want the woman to "touch" us.

Regards

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai, as well as tibetten monks that I've ever come across have always appeared pretty miserable towards folk, only interested in collecting money, and never humble about reciving it. Seems like a rip off to me.

Thai monks always standing around smoking a cigarette, getting shit for free. Hardly ever find one who smiles back. Not a fan at all

My last encounter with a tibetten monk was when he was shouting at me to pay 50 RMB (£5) for taking a split second video (I was startled by his shouting and grabbing my arm very hard, so didn't record anything) of a shitty random idol. Pointed to the sign yelling (sign said 50RMB for photo). I noted that Id already put 100 RMB when I entered the temple as a donation (wish I hadnt) and he wouldn't let go so I put the 50 in and just walked straight out of the place.

The amount of cash people are throwing around in these places, yet there are beggers are still rife outside, 'it's beggers belief' where all the money really goes..

These saffron clad parasitic ex crims. vermin paedophile filth that hide behind their golden robes posing as some sort of respectable face of Bhuddism should be taken out and put against the wall. They just disgust me, and more and more of these rotten bastards are hidden by their temples, never mind the Catholic paedos! These sick shits are way way up on par!

Nothing in this country is actually how it first appears, it is the hub of X-files!

Who remembers the abbot from the temple that tied a female dog to a tree and gave it a good Rogering? The villagers were alerted by the dogs yelping (probably found its G-spot)

They even tried to mitigate this on the TV that the sick was not that bad as at least he had a female dog and not porked a male dog up the arse!

If you actually talk to some Thais, they will tell you the same thing, a lot of these scum that reside in the temples are ex criminals that cannot get work as they are too repugnant to Thai society, basically they are the dregs! I'd like to see a point scheme where you could reduce your motoring costs by getting some benefits for running these dogs over every time you see them on the street.

Even some sort of paintball drive by would be a good step forward, points for Khor Tan

You should try to refrain from holding things in, learn to say what you really feel 555

With you all the way when it comes to religion BTW

• Like 2

There are some nationality's that don't understand the a monk is not supposed to touch or be touched. The Vietnamese are really bad about this. Russian "Babe" I can understand, Cambodian, no.

Edited by khaowong1

Religion always a con.

However, Buddhism is NOT a religion. It is a philosophy and practice of meditation, contemplation and enquiry, seeking self realization. There is no God, no superstition, no soul, no worship, and no supernatural in Buddhism. The religion that most Thais practice has little to do with Buddhism other than the name.

It's disneyland buddhism anyway, and a whole lot of these monks are monks because they have been forced to be in the first place i.e in lieu of a prison sentence or for a few months to appease family....I've talked to a few monks in Thailand as well, it seems that I have a better grasp on the workings of Buddhism than the ones I talked to.

I've come to the conclusion that many Thais are Buddhist for the one simple reason: they want to save their ass in another life. They don't really live a Buddhist life, act in compassionate ways or follow the eight fold path anyway. They just tam boon for "Karma." I would say compassion is not something that really manifests itself loudly in this country. Charity is a tenet of Christianity, so far I'm not convinced that it is for Buddhism in Thailand.

Edited by Smurkster

Religion always a con.

However, Buddhism is NOT a religion. It is a philosophy and practice of meditation, contemplation and enquiry, seeking self realization. There is no God, no superstition, no soul, no worship, and no supernatural in Buddhism. The religion that most Thais practice has little to do with Buddhism other than the name.

Not this old cliche again?

Buddhism came from India. Hinduism came from India. The Thai New Year Celebration came from India.

Thai Buddhism is a mix of Southern Buddhism, Hinduism and Animism.

Thais worship the Hindu God Brahma, who is:

1. A God.

2. The creator of the Universe.

Thais call him "Phra Phrom".

Look it up. If you care about the Truth.

Otherwise, keep repeating that ignorant Christian ideology...

• Like 2

Religion always a con.

Not this old cliche again?

Buddhism came from India. Hinduism came from India. The Thai New Year Celebration came from India.

Thai Buddhism is a mix of Southern Buddhism, Hinduism and Animism.

Thais worship the Hindu God Brahma, who is:

1. A God.

2. The creator of the Universe.

Thais call him "Phra Phrom".

Look it up. If you care about the Truth.

Otherwise, keep repeating that ignorant Christian ideology...

The Majority of Thais are BINO (buddhist in name only) and like many "Christians" I know back in The United States, live a life that is totally incompatible with their professed faith. Many lack even the basic knowledge about the basic principles of Buddhism and usually are woefully unaware of the significance of the rituals they partake in....It's a charade, going through the motions but not really having your heart in it. That being said, I do know a few Thais who truly are "buddhist" and live a life that follows its teachings, but sadly its few and far between. It's the hypocrisy that gets me...Now Myanmar, I got a totally different feeling there, I got the impression that many of the people were TRUE Buddhists, in Thailand I feel its just The Mickey Mouse School of Buddha, sorry if it sounds harsh, just my observations

Edited by Smurkster

ok everybody here knows monks can not touch women

but what if farang women suddenly touch monks?

Then the monk will be infected, hence mist leave monk-hood and become a common man.

Must become a ladyboy (that SHOULD be be the rule).

Religion always a con.

I agree that was how it may have startedm however unfortunately when any philosophy becomes organised, it ends up going the same way. It is in essence a "religion" and in Thailand a commercially driven one, loaded with crooks. Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

i had the pleasure of telling one of those filthy pedo's to go f^%k himslef as he tried to touch my child a few weeks ago.i said ''hey monk,keep your dirty paws to yourself''....my wife was not too pleased..mabey she will support me after she reads this article...religious perverts hiding behind a robe.....sawadee (CRAP)

Are you for real or just paranoid?

Perhaps the monk in the OP is a novice, lead on by the tourists and was not ware that there could be consequences. Certainly doesn`t make him a sexual pervert or possible child molester.

I

At the end of the day, the robe simply is a yellow piece of cloth and a man just a humble human being. Thai people should wake up to the fact that a good 90% of these yellow cloth wearers never were and never will be anything close to a true buddhist. Temples are refuges for ex convicts, crooks of all kinds, and lazy bums who never have worked a full hour in their whole life. Would like to remind members here of the VIP monk clown, travelling in his private jet, a "Mercedes Collector" abbot up north, the many monks with tens, hundreds of millions in their private accounts and hundreds of Rai of land, the many rapist and pedophile cases involving monks and last, but not least - the dog raping abbot in a temple near Patong, who died while performing his disgusting act with a street dog bound to a tree behind his kuti... This all said, a babe (if those are babes, then my cleaning lady is Miss Universe) hugging monk is enough to cause concern and outrage? You must be effen kidding me...

On some parts I have to agree. Monks in Thailand are totally different from None-Thai monks outside Thailand.

I have many Chinese Buddhist business friends and they just don't understand that a monk even eats meat here and they don't refuse even eating it.

My lady often cooks food and bring it to the monk and she is always happy when he eats her dishes with meat.

She stopped asking me now to follow to the Wat but I do told her I am happy to go for alms as long we give alms to to the forrest wats and not those fat monks in our village. Our village has two new monks who started last year and they are still monks. Its a great life to get feed every day. I have no respect to the clowns/fakers.

"I have many Chinese Buddhist business friends and they just don't understand that a monk even eats meat here and they don't refuse even eating it."

This is because Theravada Buddhists believe that Buddha himself ate meat and that his last meal was indeed pork, which was provided by a devotee named Cunda and which may have led to his death. The literal translation of the meal is 'soft pork', though Chinese/Mahayana Buddhists have interpreted this as referring mushrooms (which pigs are fond of) ... perhaps a bit of stretch. Here is a Thai image of Cunda preparing the 'mushrooms' :

1024px-Cunda_prepares_Pork.jpg

Ok. Too many beers done this evening to read all replies, so not sure if this has been mentioned.

Although a story mostly common among mahayana/vajrayana followers, i would have thought most people with insight to buddhism had heard it. Heee goes a weak try to retell it feom memory:

Two monks walk down a path. One is a novice and one an old master. For some reason a girl falls into the river along their path and cant swim (unsure about the actual story here, but the message remains), the older monk jumps into the water and saves the girl,carry her up to the shores of the river.

The both monks walk on. Bit when they get clise to their destination the novice asks, " master, how could you pick up that girl from the river? I thought monks where not supposed to touch women?"

The older monk said: "It seems you still carry her in your mind, as for me I left her by the shores of the river"....

This is not the actual story. But its told somewhat like that, and rhe message remains.

Is "the touch" the most important thing, or is it the mindset of the practitioner that truly counts?

Foe my own believes its obvious. But im not so sure its obvious to the ortodox thai society. (While i am certain some monks of some temples would agree with this story. Sad thing is I think most would be in closed off forest traditions, hopefully that is just my prejudgemental mind...

Maybe it would help if they read their own Buddhist stories....

two monks were strolling by a stream on their way home to the monastery. They were startled by the sound of a young woman in a bridal gown, sitting by the stream, crying softly. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she gazed across the water. She needed to cross to get to her wedding, but she was fearful that doing so might ruin her beautiful handmade gown.

In this particular sect, monks were prohibited from touching women. But one monk was filled with compassion for the bride. Ignoring the sanction, he hoisted the woman on his shoulders and carried her across the stream--assisting her journey and saving her gown. She smiled and bowed with gratitude as he noisily splashed his way back across the stream to rejoin his companion.

The second monk was livid. "How could you do that?" he scolded. "You know we are forbidden even to touch a woman, much less pick one up and carry her around!"

The offending monk listened in silence to a stern lecture that lasted all the way back to the monastery. His mind wandered as he felt the warm sunshine and listened to the singing birds. After returning to the monastery, he fell asleep for a few hours. He was jostled and awakened in the middle of the night by his fellow monk. "How could you carry that woman?" his agitated friend cried out. "Someone else could have helped her across the stream. You were a bad monk!"

"What woman?" the tired monk inquired groggily.

"Don't you even remember? That woman you carried across the stream," his colleague snapped.

"Oh, her," laughed the sleepy monk. "I only carried her across the stream. You carried her all the way back to the monastery."

At the end of the day, the robe simply is a yellow piece of cloth and a man just a humble human being. Thai people should wake up to the fact that a good 90% of these yellow cloth wearers never were and never will be anything close to a true buddhist. Temples are refuges for ex convicts, crooks of all kinds, and lazy bums who never have worked a full hour in their whole life. Would like to remind members here of the VIP monk clown, travelling in his private jet, a "Mercedes Collector" abbot up north, the many monks with tens, hundreds of millions in their private accounts and hundreds of Rai of land, the many rapist and pedophile cases involving monks and last, but not least - the dog raping abbot in a temple near Patong, who died while performing his disgusting act with a street dog bound to a tree behind his kuti... This all said, a babe (if those are babes, then my cleaning lady is Miss Universe) hugging monk is enough to cause concern and outrage? You must be effen kidding me...

On some parts I have to agree. Monks in Thailand are totally different from None-Thai monks outside Thailand.

I have many Chinese Buddhist business friends and they just don't understand that a monk even eats meat here and they don't refuse even eating it.

My lady often cooks food and bring it to the monk and she is always happy when he eats her dishes with meat.

She stopped asking me now to follow to the Wat but I do told her I am happy to go for alms as long we give alms to to the forrest wats and not those fat monks in our village. Our village has two new monks who started last year and they are still monks. Its a great life to get feed every day. I have no respect to the clowns/fakers.

My Mrs answered my question on this by saying. He should not eat meat, but cannot refuse as it is a gift and considered alms.

I go along with you ... many fake monks around and they can eat up a storm when attending a function.

A Wat near me is so commercial they have built a huge coach park and get more visitors than Nong Nooch. Often gets on the village speaker system asking for money and telling people to give more.

Hey MJ,can you give us a link to your 90%+ claim,or is that a figure you just pulled out yer bum.

Maybe it would help if they read their own Buddhist stories....

two monks were strolling by a stream on their way home to the monastery. They were startled by the sound of a young woman in a bridal gown, sitting by the stream, crying softly. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she gazed across the water. She needed to cross to get to her wedding, but she was fearful that doing so might ruin her beautiful handmade gown.

In this particular sect, monks were prohibited from touching women. But one monk was filled with compassion for the bride. Ignoring the sanction, he hoisted the woman on his shoulders and carried her across the stream--assisting her journey and saving her gown. She smiled and bowed with gratitude as he noisily splashed his way back across the stream to rejoin his companion.

The second monk was livid. "How could you do that?" he scolded. "You know we are forbidden even to touch a woman, much less pick one up and carry her around!"

The offending monk listened in silence to a stern lecture that lasted all the way back to the monastery. His mind wandered as he felt the warm sunshine and listened to the singing birds. After returning to the monastery, he fell asleep for a few hours. He was jostled and awakened in the middle of the night by his fellow monk. "How could you carry that woman?" his agitated friend cried out. "Someone else could have helped her across the stream. You were a bad monk!"

"What woman?" the tired monk inquired groggily.

"Don't you even remember? That woman you carried across the stream," his colleague snapped.

"Oh, her," laughed the sleepy monk. "I only carried her across the stream. You carried her all the way back to the monastery."

A young, foolish bull and an older, experienced bull were strolling through the meadow when they saw a herd of beautiful heifers in the valley

The young, dumb bull said "Let's run down there and root each one of 'em"

The wise, old bull said "No...let's WALK down there and root each one of 'em"

In my village they don't even walk anymore,get driven to the Suntatit and sit down and what.They will all have diabetes later in life from all the sugar laden food and coke the consume and the lack of exercise.When the head monk died recently,people were coming to the wat,eating,and going home,no tambun(money).The cheeky buggers.My mate had to chastise them over the PA,to at least help was the dishes.To no avail,eat and run,wonder where they learnt that.

It's disneyland buddhism anyway, and a whole lot of these monks are monks because they have been forced to be in the first place i.e in lieu of a prison sentence or for a few months to appease family....I've talked to a few monks in Thailand as well, it seems that I have a better grasp on the workings of Buddhism than the ones I talked to.

I've come to the conclusion that many Thais are Buddhist for the one simple reason: they want to save their ass in another life. They don't really live a Buddhist life, act in compassionate ways or follow the eight fold path anyway. They just tam boon for "Karma." I would say compassion is not something that really manifests itself loudly in this country. Charity is a tenet of Christianity, so far I'm not convinced that it is for Buddhism in Thailand.

Guess I'd have to agree... Here in the USA, many have been accused of rape... Yet the local Thai's are afraid to say anything....... Just sayin' giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Generally if caught, they call them prostitutes... If only I could be a fly on the wall...... w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif