O Neg Blood urgently needed for Russian man badly injured in Samui last night

webfact

O Neg Blood urgently needed for Russian man badly injured in Samui last night

KOH SAMUI: -- Dennis, a young Russian man of 29 is in Samui hospital with very severe crush injuries after a motorbike accident in Samui last night.

As well a badly crushed leg he has many other injuries and is currently undergoing emergency surgery.

After the operation he will be in need of O(1) RH Negative blood, if you can help then please call his friend on 082-697-8584 and ask for Martin who speaks English

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-11-25

no one picks up the phone though...

So I phoned Samui Hospital Emergency Room just now. Hardly no English, but that wasn't the point that really got me thinking. When I called, the lady on the phone said "wait please," and I could hear her giggling and laughing with her colleagues for a bout 5 minutes. When she got back to me, she was still giggling and could hardly utter a sentence without having to laugh all the time. Must be a funny job at the emergency room there...

Anyway, all I got from her gibberish was to call back tomorrow.

O neg blood is rare here, I tried to donate it to the Red Cross here in Udon Thani but as they said over 65 cannot donate, which is funny as the Red cross Web site states 70 yrs is the upper limit. After emailing them and getting NO reply, it is hardly surprising thewre is a shortage as the Blood collectors do NOT want to collect.

• Like 1

Sad to read above posts from folks that will like to help – especially as O-negative is rare in Asia and can only be substituted with O-negative, whilst an O-negative donor can give blood to everybody else. sad.png

(Unfortunately I’m O+ and also 65)

Not joking, serious. I'm O-neg and more than willing to help. However am in Khorat no way of getting to Samui...anyone know of Angel-flight / red cross emergency transport for donated blood if I donate at red-cross here?

You can still go and donate. They can keep the blood for a while (until the next accident?) and they can keep some parts of it longer.

http://www.bloodcenters.org/blood-donation/facts-about-blood-donation/

Quite a few of us here on Samui give on a regular basis. Just pop along to Nathon and sign up.

Thanks Tropical, yep aware I can donate, have done here a few times. I was more concerned on getting it to "Dennis" who is in urgent need right now.

Meantime will pray for his recovery.

• Like 1

I stopped donating when a nurse pricked me painfully. Left a bruise where the needle was for like over a month. So many places to insert the needle in, she just had to insert it near a bone area with tendons, not a soft spot at all........