ED 1 month extension ?

I'm on an ED visa and had my school (Samui) taken care of the first extension. In stead of3 months i only got 1, and school explained to me that I have too many stamps (1x triple tourist visa, 2 entries used & 1 double tourist visa both entries used. Both from Amsterdam) and that I will have to go back to immigration after one month to get the remaining 2 months of the extension.

Are these new rules and what's the point?

Do you have an extension stamp or a under consideration stamp with a report back date that is 30 days from when your permitted to stay date ended.

Some offices do the under consideration period to check out the school and to verify you are attending classes. At the end of the 30 days they will do a stamp with the 90 day extension.

Ah okay that must be it then. It says "Samui office application for extension of stay is under consideration of the police dept. Applicant must contact the temporary permit section in person on 27 dec 2014".

I guess that means that I have to prove them that I actually went to class, which I did.

You will not have to prove anything when you go back. They may make a visit to school during the 30 days to see if you are in class when you are scheduled to be there.

Just looked at the calender. The 27th is a Saturday so you will need go on the 26th.

• 2 years later...

don't worry) It's normal practice here) 
Anyway, you have to pay only ones per 90 days for the extension, but they can put only 30 days and then you just need to come again to show his you are still here on Koh Samui, so it can be like you have to come to immigration every 30 days but you will pay them only one time per 90 days. When I was studying English in http://kstvs.com/ this language school, some times they put 90 days, some times 30 and when you come at the second time they made 90 days and didn't ask for money.