Sports Photography

RAZZELL

In the holiday resorts of Portugal and Spain, there are often guys found on the 1st tee with a digital camera...

When you've finished your round you can purchase a photo of your "effort" off the 1st and maybe a group photo..

They make nice momentoes of a holiday/course...And seem to be a nice earner for the snapper... :o

I just wondered have any TV members seen something similar in Thailand, and do you think it would work as a business idea...?

Many thanks for your views

Yep, might work, trouble is, if you got a golf course to say, OK, you can set up, it wouldnt take long for someone else to come along and say "hey mr Golf course manager, I can do that job, I will only charge X " thereby undercutting you. But might be worth a try.

At a recent weeekend away at Prachinburi (White Water Rafting) we had our photo taken, got 12 actual 5 x 3 prints and a CD with 24 shots on it for 600 baht

In the holiday resorts of Portugal and Spain, there are often guys found on the 1st tee with a digital camera...

When you've finished your round you can purchase a photo of your "effort" off the 1st and maybe a group photo..

They make nice momentoes of a holiday/course...And seem to be a nice earner for the snapper... :o

I just wondered have any TV members seen something similar in Thailand, and do you think it would work as a business idea...?

I hope the attached photo has loaded...never tried before.

Anyway, I helped develop the concept of the attached photo with a Thai who had all the computer skills and enthusiasm in the world, but no selling skills.

We began marketing to large corporate golf days. Getting the photo printed on expensive commercial equipment and then putting it all in a nice stylish frame. All up = 1,500thb.

He now sells them printed on his own inkjet computer for around 150-200thb. He seems to think this is better...because of course, it is cheaper.

We now no longer correspond.

Go figure.

Anyway, I helped develop the concept of the attached photo with a Thai who had all the computer skills and enthusiasm in the world, but no selling skills.

We began marketing to large corporate golf days. Getting the photo printed on expensive commercial equipment and then putting it all in a nice stylish frame. All up = 1,500thb.

He now sells them printed on his own inkjet computer for around 150-200thb. He seems to think this is better...because of course, it is cheaper.

Go figure.

post-21635-1155202419_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Go figure.

Very nice execution of the concept...you still trying?

Edited by RAZZELL

• 2 weeks later...

Go figure.

Very nice execution of the concept...you still trying?

Sorry for the delay Mr. Razz. I forgot I posted here.

Well, it all got a bit tedious, but we have supplied to some high-end golf trips that are prepared to pay a price that makes it worth our while. We did 12 recently for 12 managing directors of a worldwide health company, and it was great to see them ALL sat round after they finished playing, with a beer comparing their swings. The photos really do create a talking point and an excellent keepsake. Not to mention a bloody good teaching aid!

However, for the local Thai market...I think my old 'buddy' is still pumping them out on shithouse paper and using ink that will only last 3 months. Incredible really, as he is/was sat on a goldmine.

Let me know if you need any more info. PM me is probably better in case the Forum Gestapo think I am peddling my wears in - heaven forbid - the wrong place!

Edited by CymruAmByth