Phuket mayor leaps into action over underage prostitutes

webfact

Nattha Thepbamrung

1416913670_1-org.jpg
Mayor Arun Soros (left). TPN file photo

PHUKET: -- Following the publication last Friday (November 21) in The Phuket News of an investigation into underage prostitution among Rawai’s Sea Gypsies, Rawai Mayor Arun Soros has leapt into action.

He told The Phuket News today (November 25) that after the publication of the report he had an initial meeting with the Provincial Volunteer group, representatives of the Tambon Health Promoting Hospital and Ngim Damrongkaset, the Sea Gypsies’ village leader, to see whether a stop-gap solution can be worked out until a big meeting to decide on a more permanent solution can be arranged.

“I asked the Volunteer group – who are Sea People and still live in the village – to watch out for underage prostitution as well as drug abuse and children begging [from tourists],” he said.

“The community leader will send us more information about these matters. I also went to the village myself and got the pictures and name of children involved in prostitution and details of families that allow their children to go out begging. We will use this data soon, in a big meeting with other sections involved.”

He said that a lack of knowledge about birth control seems to be at the root of many of the problems in the Rawai Sea Gypsy community.

“We cannot blame just the kids in all cases. The village still lacks understanding about birth control. Many of the parents start having babies when they themselves are underage, around 15 years old.

“At that age, they are not old enough to care for their children responsibly, which leads to other problems.”

He said the Tambon Health Promoting Hospital officer had already contacted the Provincial Social Development and Human Security Office and is waiting for a response.

“It is the end of the year and the sections involved have many tasks. We will have the meeting as soon as possible.

“The temporarily solution for now is to monitor the children, to cut off the supply of drugs coming into the village, and to find work for the sea people.

“I have already brought 30 or 40 adults from the community to work for the Municipality,” he said.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-mayor-leaps-into-action-over-child-prostitutes-49817.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-26

Knowledge about birth control,if they can't look after the kids,then they should refer more to television or radio,instead of breeding.

Ummm.... thought that the official Ministry of Education examination answer to the almost identical question was for them to play football!!!

• Like 2

Immediately after leaping the Phuket mayor fell unconscious from sudden blood loss to the brain. It is important to leap gradually after long periods of inactivity.

Over how many underage prostitutes can the mayor of Phuket leap?

“The temporarily solution for now is to monitor the children, to cut off the supply of drugs coming into the village, and to find work for the sea people....I have already brought 30 or 40 adults from the community to work for the Municipality”

And how does this STOP underage prostitution?

Answer: he'll hold another meeting.

How many did the Mayor buy I didn't know he was a broad jumper. Translation of headline as follows after overnight meeting with 20 underage hookers and much drilling of said hookers the Mayor decided he needs to drive the point home to these young hookers He figures in the end they will get it, he explain it is hard on everyone.cheesy.gif

Immediately after leaping the Phuket mayor fell unconscious from sudden blood loss to the brain. It is important to leap gradually after long periods of inactivity.

Over how many underage prostitutes can the mayor of Phuket leap?

I think it should have said he rose to the occasion and got into action