Krabi cutes up zebra crossings

webfact

Krabi cutes up zebra crossings
By Coconuts Bangkok

zebra-resz.jpg

KRABI: -- New zebra crossings were painted on the streets of Krabi province this week to express its sense of style.

Three zebras each were painted on four streets across Krabi city on Sunday, which have been gotten a lot of attention and approval from locals and tourists, who cannot help but snap a cool Twitpic.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/26/krabi-cutes-zebra-crossings

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-26

• Like 1

how about spending money on what is really needed. Noporatthara beach needs attention, the promenade is just down right dangerous. Better spending money on that rather than the local OBT creaming it and driving around in their nice red plated Porsches and BMWs...

stick three fingers up at em.

I for one like them! We can all agree, the current stock standard crossings (usually paint faded and barely discernable) are universally ignored.

I can imagine many a driver slowing down, stopping, taking a selfie; hanging out the window with the Zebra in the background. Straight to social media!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good idea,bright & helping safety

Well maybe but there's also the question whether the markings on 'Pedestrian Crossings' must comply with

a specific regulation / specific signage.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

BS, the Thai road traffic act does not give the pedestrian the right of way at the zebra. Therefore this is another story from the kindergarten.

That's not my understanding.

My MBA students argued about his, one student rang her uncle, a mid level cop who said that cars / vehicles must stop every time when a pedestrian steps onto a marked crossing and the vehicles cannot move until all the pedestrians have stepped onto the opposite footpath.

He also admitted most people believe they don't HAVE TO stop, most people ignore the marked crossings, he also said there should be a campaign to make people aware of the law.

+1...Keeping people happy.

+1 taking idiots out of the gene pool..

too busy taking a selfie of an already faded "zebra" picture to notice the cars/kids on bikes screaming down the road, coming to soon knock them over selfie takers.. then the drivers of cars and kids on bikes (of rich parent land owner families), claiming that if farang wasnt there in the first place the accident wouldnt have happened, so farang must pay.

• Like 1

We can all agree, the current stock standard crossings (usually paint faded and barely discernable) are universally ignored.

agree they are ignored, although doesnt matter if they are bright, brand spanking new, they will still be universally ignored.

ignored not through the lack of desire to pay attention to them but through ignorance and lack of education. how many people actually sit a proper test and even know what road signage actually means?

the pedestrian crossings that they have with a push button and lighting system for BOTH pedestrians and road users that tell the people when to cross (and when the cars NOT to pass through) dont even get adhered to, what chance does a stripy pony on the tarmac gonna have?!

• Like 1

What a waste of paint!

by the same criteria could you be considered a waste of skin? what is wrong with doing things a little differently?

waste of paint maybe...

waste of 5 million baht, i think so. someones pockets have been nicely lined again...

3 fingers

• Like 1

Y

What a waste of paint!

by the same criteria could you be considered a waste of skin? what is wrong with doing things a little differently?

I will have you know i think its a waste of paint because,how many Thais stop and give way at a regular crossing,never mind a painted zebra.

The ones I've seen in town are at junctions and not traditional zebra crossings where you walk out into the road and everything stops. I was actually amazed. I pulled up at a red light.... stopped clear of the crossing and surprisingly, every one else had done the same apart from one young lady on a motorbike. She very quickly realised she was in the wrong place and embarrased, pushed her bike back clear of the crossing

Why not paint a great big Target instead and give all the Thai Drivers (with their BANTAM ROOSTER Complexes) various points on hitting a Pedestrian in the Outer" etc., with top points if you hit them while they are on the Bull's Eye?

BS, the Thai road traffic act does not give the pedestrian the right of way at the zebra. Therefore this is another story from the kindergarten.

That's not my understanding.

My MBA students argued about his, one student rang her uncle, a mid level cop who said that cars / vehicles must stop every time when a pedestrian steps onto a marked crossing and the vehicles cannot move until all the pedestrians have stepped onto the opposite footpath.

He also admitted most people believe they don't HAVE TO stop, most people ignore the marked crossings, he also said there should be a campaign to make people aware of the law.

Please show me these rules in writing within the Thai Road Traffic Act, any language is fine, or just publish it here. I hope the moderator will understand - this one time - when you recite in Thai, PM is also a possible option. I will be happy, when I am wrong.

Most Thais already have a problem reckoning the international standardized ones.

That's why they put traffic lights at some crossings but they still can't get the concept of stopping at a red light at crossings.

They should have used this picture, as being more to the point for zebra crossings in Thailand

It really pisses me off when I stop at a 'crossing' and some lunatic 'overtakes/undertakes' as people are crossing. I'm beginning to think that the best thing to do as 99.99% of other road users do and NOT stop at them. MOSTLY Thai's guilty of this but also Farangs.

depositphotos_3549136-Death-sign.jpg