Finding A Part-time Cleaner For The Home

krikrik

Can any of you suggest how to go about finding a part-time house cleaner ? We don't feel comfortable with the idea of a live-in maid. The (admittedly limited) enquiries made so far about getting someone to come a few times a week have led nowhere. Does this mean it is difficult to find such a person ? If it is, perhaps a few of us could get together to hire someone to clean our homes, thus offering full-time employment.

If not so difficult, are there companies I could call ? Putting an advert in English in something like Chiang Mai Mail doesn't seem like the right way to go.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Get a Thai to write out a few cards (in Thai) saying you are looking for a maid and put them on telegraph poles and lamposts in your local area.

Worth a shot

I'd be a little nervous about that, could attract the wrong element. If you are in a gated village (moo bahn) then check with the managment office, they may have recommendations. Also neighbors, recommendations from others are usually your best option.

My wife has a whole lot of neighborhood "coffee-sisters" that wouldn't mind making a few bucks extra for a couple of hours cleaning. However, Chiang Mai is a large area and they wouldn't go too far for those few bucks ... Where about are you located?

Edited by rishi

• 1 month later...