Burgled Phuket householder sends message to robbers

webfact

Burgled Phuket householder sends message to robbers
Darawan Naknakhon

1417164476_1-org.jpg
Don't bother, there's nothing worth stealing: Mr Jaroen's message to burglars

PHUKET: -- Fifty-six-year old Chalong resident Jaroen Chamnanyon has posted a giant message to burglars after his house was ransacked on November 18.

His message to the criminals: “Dear thieves and robbers, all the Buddha images I had collected are gone. Please don’t waste your time coming here again.”

Apart from his precious collection of images of famed Wat Chalong abbot Luang Phor Chaem, the burglars ran off with a laptop computer and a .38 pistol with 10 bullets, altogether valued at around B1 million.

Mr Jareon erected the sign outside his house in Soi Chao Fa yesterday afternoon (November 27).

Neighbours said he was upset over the robbery and the fact that the police had made no progress towards catching the burglars and retrieving his prized effigies.

Mr Jaroen said he had a full collection of every Luang Poh Cham effigy produced from the first, made in 1941, up to the latest, made in 2013.

He said he posted the message to tell the thief not to waste time raiding his house again because there was nothing left in his house worth stealing, and added that he wanted police to catch the perpetrators, who he believes are a gang.

Jaroen said that the thieves might be the same people who had stolen a valuable Luang Poh Chaem image from Wat Chalong.

Col Krittapas Dejintarason, Chalong police superintendent, said, “I asked investigators to follow this case but the investigation was slowed down because we had to send officers to maintain public safety during the Asian Beach Games

“But now we have our men back and we will work on finding the burglar and bringing him to justice as soon as possible.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/burgled-phuket-householder-sends-message-to-robbers-49885.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-28

In the west where most people have insurance thieves like to call again. All new TV's blue ray players, stereos etc....

Clean out the old stuff on the first go through, pick up the new stuff on the second. blink.png

Compassion for the misfortune of others is in short supply. I hope he man gets his property back and the crooks are sent to prison.

yeah right, ah, he collects amulets and has a 0.38 pistol,whats wrong here, being a religious nut is not enough he has to use the ''magic'' of the real world......didn't do him much good either way. If he plows that much money into ''religious'' items maybe he just deserved to lose them.

Buddha was sending this guy a sign, "stop collecting effigies of me".

well,,, do you know? Buddha gave instructions to not make effigies, statues. He tried to raise People above animism and superstition, , ,

Yes, I feel confident that if Buddha were alive today he would be very upset with Thai's. Thai's don't practice Buddhism, they practice voodoo, Buddha would be ashamed.