Just got kicked out of thai with valid visa

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect more of this type of thing.

I wonder if there's a new crackdown being launched ?

Did they let you in on a 30 day visa exemption, a 7 day 'refusal entrance' or refuse entrance completely at the airport and make you leave on the next flight available ?

Edit : From what I've heard if you're refused entrance you can buy a ticket to fly anywhere you want, you don't have to go back to whichever country you come from.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

They didnt let me in. I asked 100 times to fly anywhere else than my country and it was refused. They said the only country i can go back is France. Immigration officer told me every ed visa will be checked.

This is just plain wrong, did you ask for the person in charge ?

Are you in the holding room in the airport right now ?

Im with a guard around the airport. Had to pay 600 baht for the guard. Waiting for ticket office to open to buy my ticket. They said the guy i talked with was the superior. It was a detention room they signed papers and told me i would be sent of thailand.

They can only deny entry, but any country you are eligible to travel in, such as Malaysia, you have a right to travel to.

I was under the understanding that once you were denied entry, they would require you to fly back to the country of your passport -- using approved airlines. They would not allow you to fly to another ASEAN country since they had agreements in place to not toss their problem back on other countries.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

They said i will be refused in other countries because of my thailand refusal stamp. They dont want to let me fly anywhere else than france.

I think they're lying to you. I could be wrong but it's worth double checking.

Actually I think technically speaking they are correct, example if you remember Gary glitter being kicked out of Vietnam, he wanted to go to HK ? Or somewhere in SEA and was denied entry/transit though those countries had to fly to the UK

• Like 2

They said i will be refused in other countries because of my thailand refusal stamp. They dont want to let me fly anywhere else than france.

I think they're lying to you. I could be wrong but it's worth double checking.

Actually I think technically speaking they are correct, example if you remember Gary glitter being kicked out of Vietnam, he wanted to go to HK ? Or somewhere in SEA and was denied entry/transit though those countries had to fly to the UK

Gary Glitter is a criminal Pedophile he dosnt even deserve to be alive (SCUM)

Try and wait around for the next shift of Immigration to start work, you may have a better chance then.

Good Luck.

• Like 2

There is no law requiring you to fly back to your country - so at least you can contest that part, but you have to be adamant about talking to the supervisor. As in your case there is no extradition happening - just a refusal to enter the country. Don't be rude or condescending with the officials, just state that there indeed are laws that do not require you to travel to the country.

If you have done something wrong Immigration always force you to fly back to your home Country and they will only let you fly with one of their "approved" airlines. Air India is their favorite. Hope you like rats and curry.

He didn't do anything wrong though, he was just denied entrance.

This is very different to having being convicted of a crime (doing something wrong) and subsequently deported.

I seem to remember the case of a certain Russian lady being denied entry in Phuket a few months ago, after being denied entry she flew out of Thailand to Malaysia. They didn't force her to go back to Russia.

So either something has changed or they are lying.

Right from the start, this crackdown has been punctuated by the individual interpretation of the rules made by each IO on the day. Has something 'changed' since the Russian woman was sent back to M'sia ? Possibly, but it's more likely that they do have a ruling somewhere that specifies return to the passport holders country of origin - the southern division of Immigration arent held in terrifically high esteem on this forum and its entirely possible that they dont even know their own rules. I guess that can happen when your first priority when opening a passport is to extract the 500-baht note from it .....

Per this thread, the airlines appear to be very keen to see proof of an onward flight somewhere in your itinerary:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/776497-you-will-be-asked-for-proof-of-an-onward-flight-in-asia/

i have no idea how she would have reacted if my itinerary included a flight to PP or KL after BKK, but it was only when I was able to reassure her that I live in Thailand that she let it go. If they day comes that you must have a return flight to your home country in your travel itinerary, I'm guessing there will be some very unhappy campers out there.

• Like 2

If you have done something wrong Immigration always force you to fly back to your home Country and they will only let you fly with one of their "approved" airlines. Air India is their favorite. Hope you like rats and curry.

This is very different to having being convicted of a crime (doing something wrong) and subsequently deported.

I seem to remember the case of a certain Russian lady being denied entry in Phuket a few months ago, after being denied entry she flew out of Thailand to Malaysia. They didn't force her to go back to Russia.

When they nearly denied me, last April, I was able to fly anywhere that I would have decided.

There is even a Thai airways office adjacent the immigration interrogation room who was waiting for my money to buy a ticket...

Hopefully, they realized their mistake and cancelled the denied stamp.

At that time, the head of Survarnabumi was a lady and she suggested me to make a new passport, because I might had to face a lot of questions when re-entering Thailand.

We don't know the full story. Usually Immigration will allow you to fly anywhere you like but he must have a black mark against him or Immigration have upped the ante. Maybe he was seen as a serial overstayer or border runner or had too many ED Visas. The truth will be revealed.

I await Walen's answer.

• Like 1