Sinsod or Dowry.. why the big deal ?

fish fingers

Thai men pay it.

Indeed they do...for educated virgins.

Nonsense. Virginity has nothing to do with it.

It actually has a lot to do with it. A virgin just got married off last month in our village for 1 million Baht and 10 Baht gold. The guy is a Chinese Thai from the city of Sakon Nakhon and married an Isaan girl. He is 30 years and she is 18 years. I am of course not sure if the inlaws returned any money but my guess is at least half.

I don't understand the big deal about virginity, especially since most girls seem to lose theirs at 14 or so, and just pretend after. Virgin= no experience and doesn't even know if they like sex. Imagine marrying a virgin for 1 million and finding out she's frigid or actually a lesbian, LOL. Does sin sod come with a money back option?

• Like 1

Sinsod or dowry has never exist in the old Thai tradition, it has been created not long ago; with so many history about the supposed payment to the mother's milk. it is becoming like a must now for mainly farangs and other foreigners who marry Thai ladies. If in case you are compelled to comply; you must know at least that for marrying divorcees and widows it is not applicable.

• Like 1

But the "old" guy hasn't been dumped as he, "young" you has...............coffee1.gif

But i am glad to meet better people and better life than usal. I feel like i should have been dumped long time ago.

:-)

What do you mean by better people? You mean people with low I.Q. and no class like you, so you think they are better because you are on the same page. What a wonderful world.

Lol...still alive Gerard? I thought you should go to church or temple? It will make old guy like you keep calm and turn you down...oops! Maybe you always downnnnn. In this golden age i shouldnt get angry with....hehehe.

Spend your less live with wife and kids before your last day coming. Dont worry about me na. I got the long road to walk. Okay na.

I guess one of my post got removed yesterday. I was asking if you still wet your bed at night. One thing I forgot to ask you if are your breasts as big as your mouth, if they are, they must be pretty big. You should learn to zip it up as you are giving the remainder of the Thai ladies a bad reputation. And no I don't go to churches or temples as I am not a hypocrite like you and pretend to have faith in Buddha, anyway the Big Guy has more important things to do than look after a retarded person like you. And my last days are not even near, probably a lot further than yours if you keep it up. Also in the last few days, I have noticed that your English writing ability has deteriorated, so instead of wasting your time writing stupid comments, you should go to school and work on your writing skills. Ok darling. Good night.

Nonsense. Virginity has nothing to do with it.

It actually has a lot to do with it. A virgin just got married off last month in our village for 1 million Baht and 10 Baht gold. The guy is a Chinese Thai from the city of Sakon Nakhon and married an Isaan girl. He is 30 years and she is 18 years. I am of course not sure if the inlaws returned any money but my guess is at least half.

I don't understand the big deal about virginity, especially since most girls seem to lose theirs at 14 or so, and just pretend after. Virgin= no experience and doesn't even know if they like sex. Imagine marrying a virgin for 1 million and finding out she's frigid or actually a lesbian, LOL. Does sin sod come with a money back option?

Tough choices....... so either look like a fool paying sin sod money for a non virgin

with an ex husband and two village mistake kids , or look like a pedophile trying to

find a 15 year Thai virgin and make her your wife....

As the Beatles once sang

Money can't buy you love.....if someone wanted me to pay a dowry I would run.

Both parties bring their assets to the table.

True for western marriages (ish?), but not so in Thailand.

Did you ever read the excellent book Thailand Fever?

It really does clear up the grey areas.

• Like 1

But the "old" guy hasn't been dumped as he, "young" you has...............coffee1.gif

But i am glad to meet better people and better life than usal. I feel like i should have been dumped long time ago.

What do you mean by better people? You mean people with low I.Q. and no class like you, so you think they are better because you are on the same page. What a wonderful world.

Lol...still alive Gerard? I thought you should go to church or temple? It will make old guy like you keep calm and turn you down...oops! Maybe you always downnnnn. In this golden age i shouldnt get angry with....hehehe.

Spend your less live with wife and kids before your last day coming. Dont worry about me na. I got the long road to walk. Okay na.

I guess one of my post got removed yesterday. I was asking if you still wet your bed at night. One thing I forgot to ask you if are your breasts as big as your mouth, if they are, they must be pretty big. You should learn to zip it up as you are giving the remainder of the Thai ladies a bad reputation. And no I don't go to churches or temples as I am not a hypocrite like you and pretend to have faith in Buddha, anyway the Big Guy has more important things to do than look after a retarded person like you. And my last days are not even near, probably a lot further than yours if you keep it up. Also in the last few days, I have noticed that your English writing ability has deteriorated, so instead of wasting your time writing stupid comments, you should go to school and work on your writing skills. Ok darling. Good night.

I feel sorry with farang reputation that you made for them. Honestly, you are 55s but want to argue with young thai girl and racist with english language. Things you have said its just concerned to yourself. So embarrassed?

Hope all farang is not just like you.

555+

PS. They deleted your post because its so rude and unacceptable.

:-D

Edited by otocheater

I feel sorry with farang reputation that you made for them. Honestly, you are 55s but want to argue with young thai girl and racist with english language. Things you have said its just concerned to yourself. So embarrassed?

Hope all farang is not just like you.

555+

PS. They deleted your post because its so rude and unacceptable.

:-D

Listen <deleted>, you did not even answer my questions, are you too embarrassed to tell the truth? If you are, just do like many of them and lie to save the face. I don't give farang a bad reputation as I am the cream of the crop and most try to emulate me. No I am not racist, I just want you to go back to school and work on your writing skills instead of wasting your time writing stupid comments. In closing, if I ever have the misfortune to meet you anywhere on this planet, I would shove you know what down your throat until you choke and say "R.I.P. and good riddance. Eh,eh, eh.

@Gerard052...

Somebody told me I shouldnt get feed back to mentalist farang like you.

I will go to school if you go to mental hospital.

??

If you cannot keep it up, shut your big yap forever, ever and ever and go away. I am way too smart for you, which is not a great feat, cannot even answer some of my easy questions, probably too embarrassed to tell the truth. I would too if I was in your shoes. Before you try to look smart and use words that do not exist(mentalist) why don't you use simple words so that your little pea brain can understand. And yes I have to be retarded to keep talking to a brain child and a complete waste of ration like you.

Edited by Gerard052

@Gerard052...

??

If you cannot keep it up, shut your big yap forever, ever and ever and go away. I am way too smart for you, which is not a great feat, cannot even answer some of my easy questions, probably too embarrassed to tell the truth. I would too if I was in your shoes. Before you try to look smart and use words that do not exist(mentalist) why don't you use simple words so that your little pea brain can understand. And yes I have to be retarded to keep talking to a brain child and a complete waste of ration like you.

Lol...people whos start getting old always got the brain like a child. You proved it. No worried, i dont mind because i understand your golden age. If you shut your mouth first i will follow you.

??

• Like 1

I'm from a culture where dowry is paid before marriage. It's only paid as a sign of respect to the family of the bride, and it's usually what can be conveniently returned upon divorce that's usually asked for, aside from the petty gifts to members of her family. My niece got married two weeks ago and the bride price was about $13 equivalent.

Women are not commodities that can be bought and sold. That was the reason I refused to pay 100k (instead of the initial 10k) when I was asked for it.

@Gerard052...

??

Lol...people whos start getting old always got the brain like a child. You proved it. No worried, i dont mind because i understand your golden age. If you shut your mouth first i will follow you.

??

You keep repeating yourself, are you finally running out of stupid comments? Again, you never answered my questions from previous posts. Are you too embarrassed to tell the truth? I would if I were you. I looked at your dumb answer from your last post, you keep proving again and again how brain dead you are, one thing I know for a fact is that you are empty from the neck up and there is not much below either. As far as brain is concern, it is not difficult to have more than you have, which is none. So good bye, go away, good bye, go away, good bye, go away, good bye, go away. See what you did, after talking to an idiot like you so many times, I start to reapeat myself, just like you. I guess it is a disease I caught from you. Are there any remediies/cure for it?

@Gerard052...

??

??

You keep repeating yourself, are you finally running out of stupid comments? Again, you never answered my questions from previous posts. Are you too embarrassed to tell the truth? I would if I were you. I looked at your dumb answer from your last post, you keep proving again and again how brain dead you are, one thing I know for a fact is that you are empty from the neck up and there is not much below either. As far as brain is concern, it is not difficult to have more than you have, which is none. So good bye, go away, good bye, go away, good bye, go away, good bye, go away. See what you did, after talking to an idiot like you so many times, I start to reapeat myself, just like you. I guess it is a disease I caught from you. Are there any remediies/cure for it?

I normally can not say good bye with an arguement. But I will stop for people here not get annoying anymore not because of you. Here is not my thread, i am not OP. Well I am trying to calm. Whatever you said its come from your life pressure. I understand. Here is the right place for an old man to get some advise from another old men.

I will stop first...

??

@Gerard052...

??

??

Just use your ignore function. Click on your own name top of page and choose "manage ignore preferences." If you get too heated, a mod might intervene.

Peace.

There's certainly a few issues going on here.. Nothing to do with the topic of sin sot.

Bitter arguments from bitter people.

Riling up a Thai no less a Thai women never gets one very far. We should all know that by now.

Lets keep the comments on topic and above the belt.

Sin sot its the thorn in the side of every foriegner that wants to marry into a Thai family. Because you're marrying the family weather you like it or not.

I've called off an engagement over the subject because of an overly demanding and controlling family. Pity because were young and in love

I was talking to my Thai neighbours about this very topic last night and their view on the matter is that it depends upon the parents. I mentioned that it was a hot topic among foreigners who believed they were being duped into having to pay sinsot for previously married women and they said that it is the same for Thais. Some families require it no matter how many times their daughter has been married. I was quite shocked actually as I always believed that second time around there was no sinsot. But they did say that the modern spin on it was to return the sinsot after the ceremony for the new husband and wife to start their family. Again, in most cases is comes down to parental demands. BTW, the neighbours are middle class Thais living in Bangok.

I was talking to my Thai neighbours about this very topic last night and their view on the matter is that it depends upon the parents. I mentioned that it was a hot topic among foreigners who believed they were being duped into having to pay sinsot for previously married women and they said that it is the same for Thais. Some families require it no matter how many times their daughter has been married. I was quite shocked actually as I always believed that second time around there was no sinsot. But they did say that the modern spin on it was to return the sinsot after the ceremony for the new husband and wife to start their family. Again, in most cases is comes down to parental demands. BTW, the neighbours are middle class Thais living in Bangok.

Thats the right...for middle class Thai family...

??

Post # 301,

Does sin sod come with a money back option?

Yes it does, its written into the pre marriage contract.

The Chinese, Thais etc know this, its the dumb farang buffalo that doesnt.

You did have a pre marriage contract didnt you?

Me?

No.

If I needed one I'd be richer than I am. Also, I only gave sin sod knowing that I'd get it back- I did.

@Gerard052...

ive got to say it,,,

your that smart your arguing with some one on a computer and getting angree and tretening the person, man or woman,,,lol

thats very smart..eh eh eh

@Gerard052...

ive got to say it,,,

your that smart your arguing with some one on a computer and getting angree and tretening the person, man or woman,,,lol

thats very smart..eh eh eh

As I can see English writing seems to be your strong point. Congratulation, you made the grade. And there is a kiss for you. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Honesty, dowry or Sinsod is depend on you and your girl agreement, actually you are both can marriy without any money involve i saw many couples no Sinsod but just change rings and some wedding ceremory that is all.