Chiang Mai Government

miltonbentley

Morning All :o

A whole bunch of question that i would be grateful for some help with.

1. Who officially runs Chiang Mai - a governor, a mayor? Or is one in charge of the city and another the province?

2. What would be an appropriate and respectful way to address either/both of these gentlemen in a letter written in English?

3. Any help with an address would also be appreciated.

I have searched the forum and google to no avail for answers to the above and hope there is someone more knowlegeable than me that can help or point me in the right direction.

Morning All :o

A whole bunch of question that i would be grateful for some help with.

1. Who officially runs Chiang Mai - a governor, a mayor? Or is one in charge of the city and another the province?

2. What would be an appropriate and respectful way to address either/both of these gentlemen in a letter written in English?

3. Any help with an address would also be appreciated.

I have searched the forum and google to no avail for answers to the above and hope there is someone more knowlegeable than me that can help or point me in the right direction.

A Governor for the province, a Mayor for the city.

Dear Khun name:

Boonlert Buranupakorn is the mayor, the governor is Suwat Tantipat

How to use a search engine

Edited by Ajarn

Thank you Ajarn I appreciate the information.

Why however do you feel it appropriate to add a sarcastic response at the end of your post? :o

I searched under numerous titles and nothing came up that I was happy with so I turned to the board to see if anyone could help.

I also know the use of Khun is a respectful form of address but I thought perhaps there would be a more appropriate phrase for someone in authority. I thought the people on this board who have a greater knowledge of Thai etiquette than I may be able to offer something better. Is that really so troublesome?

Do you feel posting how to use a search engine demonstrates your superiority and greater intellect? If my small request was so tiresome for you why trouble yourself to respond.

I believe Ajarn is the term for a wise teacher - surely someone worthy of the title should be prepared to use a little patience with those less knowledgeble than themselves rather than displaying an arrogance bordering on rudeness.

Good day to you sir :D

Why however do you feel it appropriate to add a sarcastic response at the end of your post? :o

I searched under numerous titles and nothing came up that I was happy with so I turned to the board to see if anyone could help.

I also know the use of Khun is a respectful form of address but I thought perhaps there would be a more appropriate phrase for someone in authority. I thought the people on this board who have a greater knowledge of Thai etiquette than I may be able to offer something better. Is that really so troublesome?

Do you feel posting how to use a search engine demonstrates your superiority and greater intellect? If my small request was so tiresome for you why trouble yourself to respond.

I believe Ajarn is the term for a wise teacher - surely someone worthy of the title should be prepared to use a little patience with those less knowledgeble than themselves rather than displaying an arrogance bordering on rudeness.

Listen you ######, next time you come here with a question answered in 5 seconds, that's my response... My polite form. If you went to google.com, you could have put in 'Chiang Mai governor ', or Chiang Mai mayor' in which the first page of responses has your answer a least 5 times. I figured you to be simply too stupid, so you got a polite answer to your questions, but now I realize that you are simply a lazy-ass liar.... And a prick, too.

Perhaps for the same reason that you seem to find it necessary to give Holier-Than -Thou responses, far too many times

:D

Now please be so kind as to accept Ajarn's advice and "stick it where the sun don't shine"

Edited by Gonzo the Face