Accused in the Koh Tao murder case may be prosecuted at court hearing tomorrow

webfact

Accused in the Koh Tao murder case may be prosecuted at court hearing tomorrow

KOH SAMUI: -- Tomorrow, Tuesday 2nd of December the two suspects in the Koh Tao murder case Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo (Win) will attend the Koh Samui Provincial Court at 9am. It is unclear at this time whether the prosecutor will request a 6th bail detention extension or prosecute.

The Samui prosecutor said on Friday that the men will be prosecuted by the end of this week, having accepted the case that he previously passed back to the police for further investigation when it was presented to his office.

On Wednesday the 26th of November the court refused the two men bail. It had been reported that the Myanmar Government had prepared two million baht, however today it has been clarified that the Myanmar Government did not submit the bail guarantee in court. The accused had expected to receive bail.

The Migrant Workers Rights Network, who have been visiting the men in jail, today reported that the accused has now asked them to provide funds for bedding , something they had previously not requested, choosing to sleep on the floor under the impression they were soon to be released.

The organization also supplied food, books and letters of support for the two men as well giving them a verbal assurance that their parents were being taken care of practically and financially, something both boys have had grave concerns about as the work they do in Thailand provides an income for their families who are unable to financially provide for themselves. Mr. Zaw Lin had particular concerns for his mother, he told the judge during a hearing that he was very concerned that he could not work in jail and provide money for his mother, his father he said died some time ago, and he is the sole provider for his mother.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-12-01

I would expect them to be prosecuted if only to stop the Human Rights Commissioner's inquiry into alleged abuse - if the abuse was truly present. If continued detention without being charged, the suspects might successfully argue bail for which police lose face; prosecution stops that issue as well.

if these boys get prosecuted this will send thailand another step further down the toilet

If the B2 end up in court soon, I wonder to what extent the media will take an interest. Judging by the fact that this post is now only No. 9 in the order of 'Latest News', and the lack of TVF responses to it makes me wonder whether the earlier media and social network/forum interest is seriously on the wane. I sincerely hope it isn't for the sake of real justice!
  • Like 2

Surely if there is to be a prosecution then their defense needs to be notified beforehand in order that they can make some submissions.

They have already been 'interviewed' and detained without representation how can they be prosecuted without lawyers being present to defend them ?

I think they gonna need more than luck in this case.

It'd take a bloody miracle before Thai justice admits they made a mistake.coffee1.gif

Besides which, the timing isn't good given the leading news story at the moment. The public's fascination (not say outrage, though well it should be) is currently peaking.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What happened to report from the UK police or have I missed it.. Maybe it's a political hot potatoe and UKgov.com doesn't want to rock the boat with Thaigov.com.

Allow me to guess that the professional English report will wait to see what lying clowns Thai Police make of themselves. In other words, the British investigation will not show their hand first.

The Thai police are already looking like lying clowns so badly, that this case will hardly make a ripple in the realm of clowndom.

What happened to report from the UK police or have I missed it.. Maybe it's a political hot potatoe and UKgov.com doesn't want to rock the boat with Thaigov.com.

they where there to observe not to make judgement about the case so that means shut up say nothing and dont upset the natives

• Like 1

Having taken so long, and with so many rejections by the procecutors of the evidence against the two burmese lads, the RTP already have a load of egg on their faces.

The plod from the UK are due to issue their report into the case in Jan 2015, and I am sure it will make some very interesting reading.

Not just the written words on the page, but the words that will be hidden in the pages of the report will be there for all the world to read.