Thailand to develop five sites as quality tourist destinations

webfact

Pattaya known for hookers

Kho panang known for full moon party

Phuket known for Ptaong and Bangla

Where is the world heritage cruises gonna go? and who there will want to go on a cruise?

Leave well enough alone and develop these areas for what they are, get quality girls for quality tourists

Then develop other areas that need the help ...

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is Thailand wants "Quality Tourists" but what is the definition of a quality tourist?

Until they can define that they are just pissing into the wind.

The one who spends thousends pounds and leave in 2 weeks
  • Like 2

The problem is Thailand wants "Quality Tourists" but what is the definition of a quality tourist?

I think is is more like the ones that transfers money here, but never shows up.

• Like 1

Pattaya, which is now stereotyped as a nightlife and beach resort city, will be refocused as a world-class sports and family destination.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The problem is, most Thais don't have a clue what "world class" or "quality" means. Those who do, live abroad or opened a 5 star resort somewhere in the country where they can exist in a little bubble of quality.

In regards to creating a "family destination," they apparently haven't a clue what that means either.

• Like 1

Refocusing Pattaya should be an interesting endeavour. laugh.png The bars will be shut down or what?

No. They are rebranding as a sports paradise.

All hookers will be given uniforms with numbers. Referees will be on the pitch, scoring come-ons and giving penalties for Date-rape drugs...

"All hookers will be given uniforms with numbers."

They already have that... giggle.gif

post-206952-0-80720300-1417454339_thumb.

Edited by iReason
  • Like 1

Phuket is to be rebranded as a MICE centre.

Phuket, the very place where the convention centre has been on hold indefinitely with no likelihood of it being built any time soon.

Or perhaps the illustrious minister doesn't realise this.

I think Phuket has more than a good standing going with RATS, just look at the tuk tuk/taxi/jet ski-crap happening 24/7 giggle.gif

So, Bangkok is to be "presented as a destination for world heritage river cruises, which will complement other activities such as shopping, dining, weekend getaways, and history and culture appreciation."
So, they're not going to use Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza and Pat Pong to sell Bangkok ?? Are they going to gradually close down those places ??

About Pattaya. Well, are they really going to be able to replace all those sex tourists with the new tourists that are not sex tourists ? How many Chinese tour groups do they need to replace the money being spent by existing (sex) tourists ?

And about Bangkok being a weekend getaway place. How many people live in Singapore and Hong Kong ? How many tourists can they attract to come here for a weekend ? They're going to have to live near enough to Thailand. And are they actually trying to get lots of Cambodians turning up as tourists, for the weekend ?

I feel very sorry for all the investors in the Thai tourism business and for all the Thais making a living and supporting a family from it after reading the lady's plans. Seriously could they not find a professional for this very important position?

If they are foreigners, I do not. It's been obvious that "investment" in Thai beaches inevitably means that pleasant low impact accommodation is replaced by huge piles of concrete. If a foreign investor that contributed to the destruction of once nice Thai beaches goes bankrupt, I, for one, will be cheering.

"Pattaya, which is now stereotyped as a nightlife and beach resort city, will be refocused as a world-class sports and family destination."

You have to admit they have quite a sense of humour...

They can have new sports of jumping over the holes in the collapsing beach walkway, dodging the cars on the pedestrian crossings, running from ladyboys and fighting the jet ski renters.

• Like 1

Twenty years time Pattaya will be the same as last night , the city of Pattaya's wheelers and dealers will see to that.coffee1.gif

I believe this government stacked with generals might have the balls to shut the vice down there and do as they promise

I think you may find that many of those generals and their associates will have many fingers in Pattaya's pie.

• Like 1

Yawn, not again, the old 'quality tourist' idea.

This is what is promoted in the local press, while the reality is the system to herd masses around on packages gears up a notch.

The tourists are coached between an attraction that is 10 years overdue a facelift, then to the mall, then to a low quality restaurant that treats them as livestock to be fed, then back to the hotel that was scheduled to be demolished ten years ago, but now has a new lease of life from less discerning custom. They spend most of their time in a coach stuck in traffic..... on a road system not designed for such vehicles. The quality tourists are stuck behind their double parked coaches in a Merc trying to get to their 5 star hotel thinking to try somewhere else next year.

Edited by jacko45k

It'd be a start if half the tourist areas in Thailand weren't treated like a personal rubbish bin.

Couple of years back went to Lom Sak, stopped at a scenic view point and stood at the edge of a drop taking some pics of the stunning view. Only marred by peeking over the edge and seeing a load discarded coke cans, plastic bags and other detritus on the slope with a rubbish bin within 10 metres of where I stood.

Same in Ayutthaya. Klong within yards of some of the ruins just full of <deleted>.

A couple of years back visited the River Kwai bridge festival and stayed for a week after. Took my folks. The crap from the festival still sat there a week later with scavenging dogs rooting through the rubbish and assorted crap literally everywhere; paper, plastic bags, you name it. All within a few feet of the bridge. I was embarrassed and I'm not even bloody Thai.

As I've mentioned before I'm usually a " Thai apologist" for a number of things but even I have to admit there's a lot of ignorant slobs among the locals.

• Like 2

I think is is more like the ones that transfers money here, but never shows up.

Think this fool's preconception of a quality tourist is someone who arrives on a tour sees all the sights, goes shopping, goes home.

Asians go to Europe and hit 5 countries in five days so they can get a pic of Big Ben, The Eiffel Tower etc. The Chinese will travel to Thailand like that but very few other nations.

Maybe someone has bought huge tracts of land in Nan and is waiting for a sensible offer from a major hotel/resort chain? Nan???????????

Does this mean only 'quality' tourists are allowed to go to these places? I would think that unsuspecting families with young kids may be in for a bit of a shock when the real Pattaya reveals itself! Also, subjecting innocent visitors to Thainess... why risk scaring em off?

It'd be a start if half the tourist areas in Thailand weren't treated like a personal rubbish bin.

Couple of years back went to Lom Sak, stopped at a scenic view point and stood at the edge of a drop taking some pics of the stunning view. Only marred by peeking over the edge and seeing a load discarded coke cans, plastic bags and other detritus on the slope with a rubbish bin within 10 metres of where I stood.

Same in Ayutthaya. Klong within yards of some of the ruins just full of <deleted>.

A couple of years back visited the River Kwai bridge festival and stayed for a week after. Took my folks. The crap from the festival still sat there a week later with scavenging dogs rooting through the rubbish and assorted crap literally everywhere; paper, plastic bags, you name it. All within a few feet of the bridge. I was embarrassed and I'm not even bloody Thai.

As I've mentioned before I'm usually a " Thai apologist" for a number of things but even I have to admit there's a lot of ignorant slobs among the locals.

Very good point mca. It does become embarassing when you've lived here for many years and your relatives fly over to see the beauty... which is there to be seen... but have to walk back to the car through swamps of rubbish and <deleted> everywhere, making sarcastic comments.

It doesn't take municipal rocket science to ensure all areas around beauty spots, and places of high interest on the agenda of visitor attractions, are maintained and areas around them are kept clean. What goes on 2Km further down the khlong stream depends upon municipal budgets, but if the resources are coming in from attractions that give great pleasure, then they themselves offer financial incentives and bring in the cash to cope with cleaning up a lot more all around.

• Like 1

Pattaya as a family resort.So they are going to close all the bars,?..Or you take your children .How do you answer your sons and daughters questions,Or do the thai ,s want are children to be like theres are in pattaya,.It shows how desperate they are now,about all the tourists that they have lost,Thai mentality,less come put the prices up.So less come,Put the prices up.But its a quality tourist destination now,..You farangs should understand.Have they ever thought of asking us,why we have stopped comming.

Does the 'rebranding' and 'repositioning' simply mean revising the entrance fees and prices upwards to take advantage of (literally) the high-spending, high-quality tourists? Assuming the even come here, to start with. Thailand oh Thailand... sighs.

Pattaya as a family resort.So they are going to close all the bars,?..Or you take your children .How do you answer your sons and daughters questions,Or do the thai ,s want are children to be like theres are in pattaya,.It shows how desperate they are now,about all the tourists that they have lost,Thai mentality,less come put the prices up.So less come,Put the prices up.But its a quality tourist destination now,..You farangs should understand.Have they ever thought of asking us,why we have stopped comming.

There are many people in Pattaya with tons of money. Some have million dollar sailboats and other have million dollar horses and some have million dollar whatever's. I've traveled with children in Pattaya and it's not a problem. I notice you have not. If you had you would have noticed the kids like the town.

Why have you stopped coming? I doubt you have. I mean you don't have the knowledge that would accompany a vacation in Pattaya. So I doubt if you have ever been there.

Pattaya to be rebranded as a world class Sports and Family resort destination.

Oh ! Pppppleeeease dont make me laugh so much, i,m spilling my coffee

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sailing and polo would be the first two sports that spring to my mind. They already have yacht clubs and races and a polo club and training facilities. There is also many Muay Thai camps in Pattaya. I went to the one at Fairtex but it's pretty expensive. http://www.fairtexpattaya.com/

http://www.oceanmarinayachtclub.com/

http://varuna.org/

http://www.thai-polo-club.com/

Who is her boss? Prayuth I guess !

If this would be outside Thailand she would have been fired years ago for making TAT laughing stock.

They always were. With tourism departments 6 billion a year. This adds insult to injury. SCRAP or REVAMP kick out the corrupt deadwood in TAT.

My aunt Fanny could do a better job.

• Like 1