webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is her boss? Prayuth I guess !

If this would be outside Thailand she would have been fired years ago for making TAT laughing stock.

They always were. With tourism departments 6 billion a year. This adds insult to injury. SCRAP or REVAMP kick out the corrupt deadwood in TAT.

My aunt Fanny could do a better job.

Unless you become our beloved leader, YOUR aunt Fanny won't get the job, and HIS (beloved leader's aunt) will.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What I don't want to see is another Wat, Chedi or Kmer style ruins. Thailand is getting a bit boring for me now. I wouldn't mind seeing a few real genuine smiles again though!

Got to admit after a while one can become Wat ed out. But for smiles I see them all the time. Then again I don't run around with a frown on my face.

Did the smiles go down at the same rate your being bored set in?

I personally wish them all the success in the future . I love this country and if they can do anything at all to improve the country then it is a good thing .

Agreed but I do believe there is many other places they could put their money into so as to make them more attractive to tourists. The only thing they can do to improve the attraction to Pattaya is more bars more bar girls and cheaper booze. Any thing else there will not work.

Re-branding Pattaya as a family and sports resort rather than the sex capital of the Orient is a bit like re-branding Jezebel as the Virgin Mary.

Unless there are reasons other than economic for this decision, why bother? Re-branding is usually done in the interests of making a product more successful. In Pattaya's case, the we have a product which is incredibly good at what it does, providing a huge number of jobs for Thais, enormous satisfaction for its many visitors and, one assumes, generating a massive amount of revenue for the nation as a whole..

To justify this "re-branding" operation. presumably somebody somewhere did some research into Pattaya's contribution to GDP (including, of course, the "black" economy) and can provide facts and figures to justify the seemingly insane decision to jettison one of the few glistening - albeit rather garishly - jewels in Thailand's tourist crown?

If the proposed clean-up of Pattaya is a moral rather than pecuniary imperative, then may one ask what is to be done about the open sewer that constitutes the night life of other towns and cities across the Kingdom, many of them far from the prying eyes and wandering hands of naive foreign visitors?

The sex trade was here, mainly for the benefit of indigenous Thais, long before Pattaya and the GI's got together (former Kings of Thailand, one feels obliged to point out, had harems of concubines and brothels were part of Thai social life ) and one suspects will remain long after the military Mrs Grundy's have marched abdicated the political scene.