Jack's plight for justice in Samui after an attack leaves him with mounting medical bills

webfact

Just think, if all the people commenting here gave five bucks. He's missing his teeth, has to have bone grafting, yikes. And he just graduated from high school. He's a kid! It never ceases to amaze me that people can beat the holy hell out of others over a girl or a slight in a bar. Some people are just animals.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks young. Where are his parents? Been in Thailand for 15 years, he must have grown up here then. Something is missing here.

That is what I immediately thought. Growing up in Thailand then going to a Bangkok University and graduating (remember lectures are in Thai at Uni, and technical Thai is a whole different ball game to talat Thai). I'm not saying its not true, but that is not the norm. Usually falang kids who grow up in Thailand go home to continue with tertiary studies, because they just don't have the level of Thai needed. And yes where are the parents ? Additionally, if he is an Australian national, after such a long term in hospital why hasn't he again gone home. Something is not quite right with this reporting, or his story.

From the Go Fund Me page -

He is the child of a single mother. I would guess she works in Thailand.

Kid was on scholarship at the private, English language, NIST International School in Bangkok and planning to leave Thailand to attend Uni in Australia. (Also, it's not correct that lectures are always in Thai at Uni. Thammasat and CU (among others) have undergrad and graduate programs taught entirely in English.)

Why stay here then and struggle when she can get social security in Australia and Medicare and he would be a public patient?

To all please see the text.

No travel insurance, he has been here 15 years, he is not a tourist

Going to college/university here is expensive, assuming here that his family have some money, father works in BKK ??

The whole story how he was left in the soi at Green Mango and nearly attacked again is a horrible story. Green Mango should pay his bills.

I remember 10+ years ago watching some guy off his face climbing high up the structure inside the club, always a crazy and dangerous place.

Nothing will ever happen here, the money has already been paid and more will be paid. Like the general, they all have boxes of money in the garden.

• Like 2

I don't understand why the Australian embassy not helping and arranging for his repatriation back to OZ

and help in settling the medical bills with the guarantee of the family that those cost will be paid,

There were similar cases before and the embassy with in it's power and mandate to be of an assistance here,

why do they keep mom on the issue? dose any one knows? what is the embassy for than?

for a cushy job overseas and cocktail's parties?

The Australia Embasy cannoit step in or help because it is not a real Embassy because Australia is a colony of England, a hidden colony. My son was in a Phillipines prison and they could not help and could only provide a lit of lawyers. He got out with President intervening when Immigration corruption go too big. 1000s of Australians, NZ, English, Canadians and any one from English Commonwealth countries are stuck in prisons across the planet somne will never get out.

I don't understand why the Australian embassy not helping and arranging for his repatriation back to OZ

and help in settling the medical bills with the guarantee of the family that those cost will be paid,

There were similar cases before and the embassy with in it's power and mandate to be of an assistance here,

why do they keep mom on the issue? dose any one knows? what is the embassy for than?

for a cushy job overseas and cocktail's parties?

He is a foreigner on a criminal charge which is almost certainly quite baseless and only brought to dump more trouble on him. The father of the two that beat him up was seen in the prosecutors office and I will leave you to work out the likely scenario. The court as a matter of course withold passports of foreigners as well as demand bail if on a criminal charge. So how can he return to Aussie land. It is all contrary to International Covenant as I understand it but no one makes any effort to confront the corruption in Thailand. Edited by timewilltell

EZZRA, you're dead right, embassy's could be operated with a phone booth & the name of the country on it. The embassy staff only act on your behalf if you can't speak for yourself. But as another post said, he looks very young & looks like a " schoolie" to me. Come from Australia to live it up before life in the real world begins

Just think, if all the people commenting here gave five bucks. He's missing his teeth, has to have bone grafting, yikes. And he just graduated from high school. He's a kid! It never ceases to amaze me that people can beat the holy hell out of others over a girl or a slight in a bar. Some people are just animals.

Agree Jennifer. Of course we have know way if their violence was fueled with booze, drugs or both. Violence like this can be appalling and scar the victim for life. This young man was a part time model too and hoping to use that work to partially fund his time at Uni,

What really grates is that the wealthy parents of the accused will have the "necessary" to make sure it goes away or only a slap on the wrist is received.

A national fund should be setup to pay hospital and legal costs for tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on...

An automatic deduction will be taken from government officials...police and military paychecks as these are the people who are supposed to be providing protection for tourists...

It is expected that it will not be long before very few tourist are mistreated once the deductions start appearing on the Thai paychecks...

"tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on..."

Given the article states he lives here for 15 years and is 20 years old, means he liked grew up here. Still a tourist?

Pretty interesting that you've decided that he had no fault in this altercation. Were you there? I've seen this story posted many many times and I find it very doubtful that 2 "men" (regardless of nationality) would start kicking the crap out of a foreign child without any previous history or provocation. I've seen and been involved in similar situations and there is ALWAYS something (previous history, flirting at the bar)

It is quite possible he did nothing other than chat up the wrong girl and then got set upon by these thugs. Also possible he said something but he certainly did no hurt to the other two as their trumped up charge admits. In which case there are no circumstances where he should get beaten the crap out of and then be prosecuted for the pleasure!

A national fund should be setup to pay hospital and legal costs for tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on...

An automatic deduction will be taken from government officials...police and military paychecks as these are the people who are supposed to be providing protection for tourists...

It is expected that it will not be long before very few tourist are mistreated once the deductions start appearing on the Thai paychecks...

"tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on..."

Given the article states he lives here for 15 years and is 20 years old, means he liked grew up here. Still a tourist?

Pretty interesting that you've decided that he had no fault in this altercation. Were you there? I've seen this story posted many many times and I find it very doubtful that 2 "men" (regardless of nationality) would start kicking the crap out of a foreign child without any previous history or provocation. I've seen and been involved in similar situations and there is ALWAYS something (previous history, flirting at the bar)

It is quite possible he did nothing other than chat up the wrong girl and then got set upon by these thugs. Also possible he said something but he certainly did no hurt to the other two as their trumped up charge admits. In which case there are no circumstances where he should get beaten the crap out of and then be prosecuted for the pleasure!

The "stories" and sudden counter charges of assault only emerged after very wealthy daddy and his lawyers turned up on the scene.

Oldest trick in the book - counter sue, and then do a deal. If you happen to have "flexible" prosecutors and police who might broker the negotiations, then its easier still.

Maybe a young lady was more interested in the victim, maybe words were exchanged. Does that mean that 2 very athletic young men can beat the guy up, causing GBH, probably with a weapon of some kind. and not face any consequences, purely because daddy has lots of money?

If the accused were Thai, some posters here would be going mad, shouting out against the injustice and police corruption. As they are Chinese-American, it suddenly becomes watered down.

Let's see if the PM is as good as his word and maintains his personal interest, and the Aussie press get into action again. The Aussie news reporter should file a complaint against daddy for assault for starters.

• Like 1

just because this man lost the fight and ended up in hospital doesn't mean he is an innocent victim and did not start the fight. I've had similar Esperance here.

<deleted> do some research into the case. Kid was king hit with a glass ashtray and it was witnessed by more than 4 independent people.

His crime ? dancing with a girl he knew that the 2 rich prick kids wanted.

Before he was belted from side on he never spoke or even had seen the aholes before.

That's a new level of detail not previously reported. Word on the street?

Not suggesting this was provoked, or unprovoked, but I've been traveling in Asia since 1969, and have never been involved in anything even approaching a physical altercation.

I'm not sure how so many foreigners find themselves in such circumstances, but I'd suggest bravado fuelled by booze contributes to some degree.

I hope he can be helped, but letting your travel insurance expire is certainly not helping yourself

Good luck young guy and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Edited by F4UCorsair

The accused were Chinese-Americans.... Aren't the able to chase them in USA.. And what about travel insurance, has that not covered much..

It all depends on whether he started the fight or not. Besides that, martial law might also void his claim methinks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The accused were Chinese-Americans.... Aren't the able to chase them in USA.. And what about travel insurance, has that not covered much..

"Jack is n Australian man who has lived in Thailand for the last 15 years"

Do you really think travel insurance is valid for 15 years?

Try to read the story before you comment coffee1.gif

I have year round travel insurance from my country, and yes, it is valid as long as you have medical insurance in your country. Even if that is not the case, the accident insurance is still valid, no matter what.

And to knucklehead reporter please use spell check it is called FUND not fun from which picture shows he is not having. Get well soon young one then get the hell out of dodge. and To the knuckleheads who beat this kid Look over your shoulder cause come Jan. I will be in town gunning for you I need two or three good sparing partners and your on top of the list. and Hommie don't play games.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Jack is n Australian man who has lived in Thailand for the last 15 years"

Do you really think travel insurance is valid for 15 years?

Try to read the story before you comment coffee1.gif

I have year round travel insurance from my country, and yes, it is valid as long as you have medical insurance in your country. Even if that is not the case, the accident insurance is still valid, no matter what.

Good to see this case getting the follow up that it deserves.

Thanks to the traction this case had garnered, international media will be in Samui to cover this case on January the 6th. Strangely enough the same day the British enquiry into the murder island murders begins if I am correct ?

If that is indeed the case I will start doing my best "running-man" happy dance just to see so much international pressure on this hamlet of corruption, simultaneouslye. The timing of both these cases is poetic really no ?

Can anyone confirm that both cases are being heard on the 6th ?

I had some early communication with jacks mum after reading about jacks story in the early days. We share many of the same business contacts in Bangkok as it turns out. She is a very well respected member of the business community. I know for a fact that after the submission by the father Raymond Chang of the fake document to the court that was used to obtain bail for the pair of thugs , the FBI have been corresponding with her and with Purdue and Cornell universities. Purdue has since expelled one of the lads. Bravo Purdue.likely helped along with the change org petition.

This is not a tourist, but a kid that has lived here since he was 5. I am sure his parents made sure he has adequate medical insurance coverage! No need for extra funding. There's most probably more than enough liquidity, and otherwise real estate, and investments that could cover for reconstructive surgery a hundred times over and some.

This is not a tourist, but a kid that has lived here since he was 5. I am sure his parents made sure he has adequate medical insurance coverage! No need for extra funding. There's most probably more than enough liquidity, and otherwise real estate, and investments that could cover for reconstructive surgery a hundred times over and some.

Scholarship kid mate and son of a single parent.

Be informed my friend. Not all expats are plonkers taking it in.

Be thankful that you are and respectful that others are not. Assumptions and stereotypes won't get you far.

He looks young. Where are his parents? Been in Thailand for 15 years, he must have grown up here then. Something is missing here.

His mother is a single parent Australian mom struggling to make ends meet and raise her kids in Bangkok. Don't what happened to the father.

I would tell the mother to send him to Siriraj Hospital, instead of wasting money in a private one, before asking others for funds.

• Like 2

His mother is a single parent Australian mom struggling to make ends meet and raise her kids in Bangkok. Don't what happened to the father.

I would tell the mother to send him to Siriraj Hospital, instead of wasting money in a private one, before asking others for funds.

Impossible- again, be informed. From reading the fund message it has been arranged and set up by a friend kathy afraivongs. Reckon I have no business telling anyone where to go for treatment. Can I assume impossible works at siriraj and knows their capabilities in this type of surgery? Does impossible know exactly the surgery this lad needs? I have no idea and I have followed this early on and spoken to the mum again, in the early days. Have you mate?

Erh. Information is king mr impossible.

Be thankful that you are and respectful that others are not. Assumptions and stereotypes won't get you far.

Son of a single parent in Thailand, what else is new? Scholarship from where please? Hasn't he been going to school in Thailand since he was five? At least I would think so if he has been living here... since he was five. I'm sure the family has adequate funds to send him to Siriraj Hospital for reconstructive surgery, for the price of a holiday to Australia.

Son of a single parent in Thailand, what else is new? Scholarship from where please? Hasn't he been going to school in Thailand since he was five? At least I would think so if he has been living here... since he was five. I'm sure the family has adequate funds to send him to Siriraj Hospital for reconstructive surgery, for the price of a holiday to Australia.

Scholarship from the school that AD s site has posted. If you were informed.

Mate you know so much you should email kathy afraivongs and let her know stat that she is barking up the wrong tree mate. Seems she might need a shake-up call. Let her know about these trips to oz too as she may not be aware. Nothing like having the wool pulled over your eyes so I'm sure she would be grateful for your input by the sounds of it my friend.