Jack's plight for justice in Samui after an attack leaves him with mounting medical bills

webfact

The two Chinese sweeties, faggie and maggie who beat him up should have the decency to pay for the medical bills.

Guess that's the aim.

Possible jail time for grievous bodily harm- although I am unsure what sentence this would carry in Thailand.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and flying back to aussi to get free care is out of the question ???

poor & at international school, on a scholarship or not ...

smells fishy ...

can i start a fundme to go to maldives ? i only need 60.000 baht for the cabin on the water

and flying back to aussi to get free care is out of the question ???

poor & at international school, on a scholarship or not ...

smells fishy ...

can i start a fundme to go to maldives ? i only need 60.000 baht for the cabin on the water

And one did me for some serious therapy !

Per diem travel allowance that my company recently cut should also have a fund.

My driver deserves a fund just for listening to my crapola music each day- that one is undeniable !

Some people should learn when not post their ignorant thoughts.. This is that time. Too "maidee" telling her to go home and get on welfare, <deleted> is wrong with you? Why don't you go home or just stop posting you ignorance..

Edited by Sayonarax

Some people should learn when not post their ignorant thoughts.. This is that time. Too "maidee" telling her to go home and get on welfare, <deleted> is wrong with you? Why don't you go home or just stop posting you ignorance..

I've not come across Number 3 before but I'm liking his patience and tolerance.

Though, I know where you're coming from, Sayonarax, as I feel the same.

Earlier I sent a private message through Facebook to the lady who's fundraising but haven't received a response so far as to my question of what currency they require. I subsequently posted a message on the Facebook page with the same question but still to receive a response. So, I've posted a further message and made it a little bit more lucid and consider I've made a fair point.

The way I see it is that this fundraiser has been going quite some time but all of $800 has been raised from a target of $50,000 [still none the wiser as to AUD or USD] but matters little as this amount is woefully short.

Have a read through the Facebook page and then consider what I have posted. Fair comment?

I've not come across Number 3 before but I'm liking his patience and tolerance.

Though, I know where you're coming from, Sayonarax, as I feel the same.

Earlier I sent a private message through Facebook to the lady who's fundraising but haven't received a response so far as to my question of what currency they require. I subsequently posted a message on the Facebook page with the same question but still to receive a response. So, I've posted a further message and made it a little bit more lucid and consider I've made a fair point.

The way I see it is that this fundraiser has been going quite some time but all of $800 has been raised from a target of $50,000 [still none the wiser as to AUD or USD] but matters little as this amount is woefully short.

Have a read through the Facebook page and then consider what I have posted. Fair comment?

Patience and tolerance my friend only for those I feel sorry for. However I will thank you for such a fine compliment. :)

My situation is I have no kids.

But if this were my lad or the Burmese two were my lads I ask myself what I think we should all ask ourselves - what would I do. What should we do as a community. Simple really.

If people think attacking someone is cool or pictures need to pass the muster of their scrutiny with full on graphics. When all injuries are spelt out clearly and peeps want to ignore the facts and support an attack.

That's a humanity that I will shun. Theyre the ones I have patience and tolerance for mate.

The perpetrators of this violence and the spin doctors of their lies quite frankly I would like to meet in a dark alley of Soi green mango or sairee beach. They are not men.

• Like 1

I went to the fund page to possibly find the email address, but there's actually very little information there, and hasn't been updated in 24 days. So I'll wait 'till you've got a mailing address, thank you.

Mate siriraj hospital has wifi.

I suggest you go and learn how to use google. That's g-o-o-g-l-e.

I ain't your lackey unless you don't have fingers but then you seem to type into thaivisa ok and no doubt siriraj could help you on that anyway with their world class care and facilities.

After 7 years I must admit I have never heard of suriraj but no doubt it's of excellent standard. I will take your word on that.

Says a lot about your engagement with Thai society. Siriraj hospital is where the King of Thailand is under observation as we speak. I asked you for a simple email address as you seemed to be intimately involved in the matter, but apparently, when push comes to shove, you drop your mates like flies. Note: I might be too harsh on you now. You said you were somehow connected, so put your money where your mouth is, I'm not your or anyone's lackey either thank you very much no. 3

I went to the fund page to possibly find the email address, but there's actually very little information there, and hasn't been updated in 24 days. So I'll wait 'till you've got a mailing address, thank you.

I ain't your lackey unless you don't have fingers but then you seem to type into thaivisa ok and no doubt siriraj could help you on that anyway with their world class care and facilities.

After 7 years I must admit I have never heard of suriraj but no doubt it's of excellent standard. I will take your word on that.

Says a lot about your engagement with Thai society. Siriraj hospital is where the King of Thailand is under observation as we speak. I asked you for a simple email address as you seemed to be intimately involved in the matter, but apparently, when push comes to shove, you drop your mates like flies. Note: I might be too harsh on you now. You said you were somehow connected, so put your money where your mouth is, I'm not your or anyone's lackey either thank you very much no. 3

Drop your mates like flies? Erh........

Not connected I said early on I spoke to this mum. Just as I speak to my copper mate in Bangkok about murder island. What's your problem with this case can you fill us in ?

Very confusing post actually mate.

Mate reread the correspondence and then go to bed. Really.

It's late for some of us. :)

A national fund should be setup to pay hospital and legal costs for tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on...

An automatic deduction will be taken from government officials...police and military paychecks as these are the people who are supposed to be providing protection for tourists...

It is expected that it will not be long before very few tourist are mistreated once the deductions start appearing on the Thai paychecks...

"tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on..."

Given the article states he lives here for 15 years and is 20 years old, means he liked grew up here. Still a tourist?

Pretty interesting that you've decided that he had no fault in this altercation. Were you there? I've seen this story posted many many times and I find it very doubtful that 2 "men" (regardless of nationality) would start kicking the crap out of a foreign child without any previous history or provocation. I've seen and been involved in similar situations and there is ALWAYS something (previous history, flirting at the bar)

I would often agree with you but not in this case. They filed counter charges only AFTER they got their passports pulled, there are pictures of these two guys somewhere, flexing their muscles, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't on steriods at the time, part of their samui vacation...there were plenty of witnesses as it was right on a crowded dance floor

Raymond%2BChang-L-Ryan-Wang%2B®.jpeg

Chang and Wang

Doesn't look like that bad an injury; just a fat lip (I've had worst and shook it off). The author of this article should use spell check and posters grammar is deplorable

The attackers smashed Jack in the mouth with a set of brass knuckle dusters ripping his upper gum to the point where it had to be reattached. They split his tongue in two and caused serious damage to the roof of his mouth. They also knocked out his teeth by repeatedly kicking him in the face as he lay unconscious on the ground.......but hey its just a fat lip.

this is another perfect example of what people with money and influance can do in the thai legal system...basically turn the crime commited upside down so now the guy shown is being taken to court????

The laws in thailand are a joke and anyone can be put into a situation like this...always be on your guard

The laws aren't much different to the laws in the UK,US or Australia.

He who has the most money and most expensive mouthpiece usually wins.

Unfortunately it seems to be an internationally corrupt system.

• Like 1

You have facebook, than connect here with PM. whistling.gif

https://www.facebook.com/JackHBSamui/info

Mr Impossible I did as you suggested and took a bit of a look at the facebook page last night.

I think I can ascertain which comments are yours. I would suggest all posters take a look at your insights and contribution as they are truly wonderful and inspiring. So your anger was generated from the fact that the creator of the fund ( clearly not the injured lad ) didn't advise you a currency and instead of contacting the fundraiser to ask you rant at this kid.

You should be very proud of yourself son for your contribution to the betterment of humanity.

I pray you never find yourself worse for wear in this life son.

The laws inThailand are not a joke. There are very basic and poorly written with huge loopholes. The real problem is the corruption that riddles the entire unethical and unprofessional crooked lawyer base that abuses the law, the absurdly inefficient Procedure codes and the willingness of judges to entertain obviously spurious cases.

"The laws inThailand are not a joke. There are very basic and poorly written with huge loophole" Too most people that would = a joke. Plus then you have have inept and corrupt police and everything else you mentioned which then makes not only the law a joke but the whole legal and judiciary system a joke. Just saying..

I don't really disagree. The point is that the corruption, ignorance, Unprofessionalism and complete lack of ethics of lawyers in Thailand (except to support each other in their corrupt, illicit acts and cover ups), is by far the most damaging aspect.

The laws are basic but a well trained judge can apply fairly except that here the judges are so busy helping the lawyers pervert justice by their pandering to their nonsense that it takes a decade for justice not to be done. In short Thai lawyers are predominantly untrustworthy devious low life's.

The laws inThailand are not a joke. There are very basic and poorly written with huge loopholes. The real problem is the corruption that riddles the entire unethical and unprofessional crooked lawyer base that abuses the law, the absurdly inefficient Procedure codes and the willingness of judges to entertain obviously spurious cases.

"The laws inThailand are not a joke. There are very basic and poorly written with huge loophole" Too most people that would = a joke. Plus then you have have inept and corrupt police and everything else you mentioned which then makes not only the law a joke but the whole legal and judiciary system a joke. Just saying..

I don't really disagree. The point is that the corruption, ignorance, Unprofessionalism and complete lack of ethics of lawyers in Thailand (except to support each other in their corrupt, illicit acts and cover ups), is by far the most damaging aspect.

The laws are basic but a well trained judge can apply fairly except that here the judges are so busy helping the lawyers pervert justice by their pandering to their nonsense that it takes a decade for justice not to be done. In short Thai lawyers are predominantly untrustworthy devious low life's.

Agree with everything you say and I would also add that lawyers are much the same the World over, bottom feeding parasytes

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For the posters, this is a well known story, kid was dancing and two pumped-up expat kids from Shanghai didn't like who he was dancing with and beat him savagely. I know they were down celebrating graduation from high school, nice "present" for a couple of 18-19 year olds. He was down from Bangkok I think also celebrating graduation from High School. Wrong place wrong time for sure but expats in Samui are watching this just as Kho Tao.

Been here since he was 15 years old and been here 15 years and just graduated from High school. Tell me what is wrong here.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For the posters, this is a well known story, kid was dancing and two pumped-up expat kids from Shanghai didn't like who he was dancing with and beat him savagely. I know they were down celebrating graduation from high school, nice "present" for a couple of 18-19 year olds. He was down from Bangkok I think also celebrating graduation from High School. Wrong place wrong time for sure but expats in Samui are watching this just as Kho Tao.

Been here since he was 15 years old and been here 15 years and just graduated from High school. Tell me what is wrong here.

Speed reading is never a good idea :)

• Like 1

Agree with everything you say and I would also add that lawyers are much the same the World over, bottom feeding parasytes

Well not really. They are expensive and greedy but in most other countries they are at least working for you. Here they take your money and actively work for your opponents - the ones I have had the displeasure of working with - and they have no ethics or morals and are certainly lacking the idea of professionalism

He looks young. Where are his parents? Been in Thailand for 15 years, he must have grown up here then. Something is missing here.

While the questions appear valid, what seems missing is compassion for the victim.
  • Like 1

He looks young. Where are his parents? Been in Thailand for 15 years, he must have grown up here then. Something is missing here.

While the questions appear valid, what seems missing is compassion for the victim.

My questions stem from compassion. Being curious and compassionate are not mutually exclusive.

just because this man lost the fight and ended up in hospital doesn't mean he is an innocent victim and did not start the fight. I've had similar Esperance here.

<deleted> do some research into the case. Kid was king hit with a glass ashtray and it was witnessed by more than 4 independent people.

His crime ? dancing with a girl he knew that the 2 rich prick kids wanted.

Before he was belted from side on he never spoke or even had seen the aholes before.

That's a new level of detail not previously reported. Word on the street?

I know the family and have posted many times here about what happened to him. Straight up it was an assault with a weapon.

There is a lot more to this "horrific, unprovoked attack" than any of us "readers" will ever know. What I am certain of is that, at this time, it is in the interests of the local media, primarily the western oriented, "local rags" to rewrite, plagiarize and exaggerate this story to increase their own readership. There is certainly not any real humanitarian feeling here in support of someone who, quite frankly, has the means and wherewithal to able arrange travel back to his native country. I doubt he really needs the charity appeal and I wonder who is benefiting from it the most!

Its been said before, there must have been some provocation involved. That aside, I don't claim to be a surgeon, but I have seen quite a few traumatic injuries and injuries from beatings and this photo, repeatedly being shown, certainly doesn't suggest, "18 months of further costly reconstructive surgeries".

Wouldn't it be nice, once in a while, for some truthful, accurate, unbiased reporting here?

A national fund should be setup to pay hospital and legal costs for tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on...

An automatic deduction will be taken from government officials...police and military paychecks as these are the people who are supposed to be providing protection for tourists...

It is expected that it will not be long before very few tourist are mistreated once the deductions start appearing on the Thai paychecks...

"tourists who are mistreated in Thailand thru no fault of their on..."

Given the article states he lives here for 15 years and is 20 years old, means he liked grew up here. Still a tourist?

Pretty interesting that you've decided that he had no fault in this altercation. Were you there? I've seen this story posted many many times and I find it very doubtful that 2 "men" (regardless of nationality) would start kicking the crap out of a foreign child without any previous history or provocation. I've seen and been involved in similar situations and there is ALWAYS something (previous history, flirting at the bar)

I would often agree with you but not in this case. They filed counter charges only AFTER they got their passports pulled, there are pictures of these two guys somewhere, flexing their muscles, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't on steriods at the time, part of their samui vacation...there were plenty of witnesses as it was right on a crowded dance floor

often tiny out of shape guys make the steriod remarks to feel better about their out of shape body.

If steriods really caused that much agression gyms would be dangerous however most fights happen in bars... guess its alcohol use then.

Anyway hope that those idiots that did this get punished but it seems they got loads of money. I would not hold my breath.