Monkey runs into burning house in Chonburi province to rescue his goose friend

webfact

Monkey runs into burning house to rescue his goose friend
By Coconuts Bangkok

CHONBURI: -- Showing true courage and his heart bursting with love for his feathered friend, a monkey chained to a tree in Chonburi broke free from his shackles and ran into a burning house to try and rescue his goose friend.

Sadly, Michael the monkey and Samlee the goose were both cruelly burned alive in the fire.

A bolt of lightning struck a steel pillar inside the house and started the fire that burned down the home of the two animals and 44-year-old human, Somsak Puangchang, in Chonburi province yesterday morning.

Before the fire, Somsak said he had chained Michael the monkey to a coconut tree while the goose Samlee was inside as Somsak left his home unattended.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/02/monkey-runs-burning-house-rescue-his-goose-friend

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-02

Warning! Full story contains graphic image

/Admin

• Like 1

That's really sad and no, I don't need to see the graphic image.

I don't have experience with monkeys but growing up on a ranch I recall a very interesting and cute relationship between a dog and a chicken.

The monkey cared enough to break his chain and go in.

condolences to all.

• Like 2

If people were aware of what happened, do you think maybe someone was there?

If so, why did they not help?

Is it like people who see an injured person and take photos with their cell phones instead of assisting the injured??

Just wondering!

• Like 1

Is it like people who see an injured person and take photos with their cell phones instead of assisting the injured??

Just wondering!

If so, they probably thought its monkey business.

• Like 1

That's really sad and no, I don't need to see the graphic image.

I don't have experience with monkeys but growing up on a ranch I recall a very interesting and cute relationship between a dog and a chicken.

The monkey cared enough to break his chain and go in.

condolences to all.

Guess you had a dickens of a time on that ranch growing up. giggle.gif

Just wondering!

Possibly, but more likely that they preferred waiting until all was well done.

Did the monkey leave a note or tell someone of his plans to rescue the goose? Did some monkey whisperer translate the monkey's intentions? It seems like just speculation why the monkey ran in the house, especially since he didn't come out with a goose.

On another subject, you can own monkeys as pets? I asked my wife if we could get one to pick coconuts off our tree and she said they were protected and they all belonged to the king or government.

Did the monkey leave a note or tell someone of his plans to rescue the goose? Did some monkey whisperer translate the monkey's intentions? It seems like just speculation why the monkey ran in the house, especially since he didn't come out with a goose.

On another subject, you can own monkeys as pets? I asked my wife if we could get one to pick coconuts off our tree and she said they were protected and they all belonged to the king or government.

Not true there is a breed of monkeys trained to pick coconuts I believe they are used down near Chumphon.

Just wondering!

So if you were there would you have run into the burning building to save a goose? Yeah, right.