reduce smoking 75% in a few days--easy and painless

jikwan

hi guys (and guyesses)

been smoking 40 odd years (mostly rolling tobacco)

had little success in reducing/giving it up till now

been doing this for the past month and im satisfied with it

formula:

1 smoke the usual amount but after 1st inhalation-the next drag

you just blow the smoke out-no inhalation

2 just get used to that

3 dont cheat by inhaling big drags and blowing out small drags

4 the "puffing" drag......heres a tip......roll the smoke along the

roof of the mouth and through the nose.....this makes you feel

youre really smoking something

5 there you go---already cut down cigarette consumption 50%

6 when you get used to that (give it a few days) 1 inhalation

followed by 2 puffs---thats 65% reduction

7 after a few days 1 inhalation 3 puffs---75% reduction

at the moment im still on 1 and 3

1 and 4 i did for a few days and went back to 1-3

try it. got nothing to lose

Novel idea OP, I'm impressed this isn't a spam topic or just re-treading something old.

I wonder where it's going to lead though. Do you intend to eventually just be doing 100% puffing? Since you're presenting yourself with the closest temptation you possibly could, what happens after you reach the 100%?

It seems like an approach whereby you're using a real cigarette like some kind of fake one, so I wonder if there is some kind of fake cigarette you can move onto once you're weened off the true inhaling.

I cut my drinking by 50% using similar logic. I used to drink JD/Coke at 120B a glass.

Now I drink Sangsom/Coke at 60B a glass. whistling.gif

Cut the coke and you can reduce your drink another 70% (in size).

That's a rocking good idea, I'll give it a crack tonight. And after considering the OP I think I might try and cut down on my smoking as well. I'll smoke every second cigarette normally, but rather than suck on the alternate ones, I'll blow instead.

With the huge saving in alcohol cost I can afford to light up twice as many cigarettes anyway. facepalm.gif

I cut my drinking by 50% using similar logic. I used to drink JD/Coke at 120B a glass.

That's a rocking good idea, I'll give it a crack tonight. And after considering the OP I think I might try and cut down on my smoking as well. I'll smoke every second cigarette normally, but rather than suck on the alternate ones, I'll blow instead.

With the huge saving in alcohol cost I can afford to light up twice as many cigarettes anyway. facepalm.gif

Or as my wife does.....smoking every cigarette just half or less. So it is 50% healthier blink.png

Novel idea OP, I'm impressed this isn't a spam topic or just re-treading something old.

I wonder where it's going to lead though. Do you intend to eventually just be doing 100% puffing? Since you're presenting yourself with the closest temptation you possibly could, what happens after you reach the 100%?

It seems like an approach whereby you're using a real cigarette like some kind of fake one, so I wonder if there is some kind of fake cigarette you can move onto once you're weened off the true inhaling.

novel idea? you think i could get a patent for this?

i can smell bagfulls of cash already

it appears childish and stupid but so what? it works

been doing it about 6 weeks 1and 3 ratio still going strong

ive had a couple of short times reverted to my old way due

to stress or drinking too much coffee

must admit the reason im still stuck on the 1-3 level is because

i still got to learn to function without it

giving up a drug is one half of the story

the other half is....can you function normally without it?

ive greatly reduced coffee consumption. again, can i live a life

without caffiene? (or rather, just a little of it)

it should get to the point where i could stop suddenly both these habits

with less difficulty and still function

without tobbacco and caffiene im not motivated. harder to get things done

Or as my wife does.....smoking every cigarette just half or less. So it is 50% healthier blink.png

brilliant idea

For me reducing never worked.

It was easier to just quit.

good for you. but not all people have your ability to quit

those with weaker willpower might find this non inhalation practice effective

Everyone who really want to quit can quit, there is no special ability necessary to do it.

I bet this non inhalation practice won't work in the long range. You are addicted to the nicotine, by getting less from one cigarette you'll simply smoke more. It is the same as with the "light" cigarettes.

You CAN stop smoking and once you do and look back, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Mate of mine stepped down trying to reach 1 smoke an hour and trying not to smoke all of it. He kept paring down, identifying the urge and dealing with it instead of giving in and lighting up. Half the battle is taking control of your mind, your urges. The other is the chemical addiction, which compliments the former.

I went the e-cig route, stepped down nicotine strength and then finally quit 2 months ago. Think I've got it cracked this time.

You CAN stop smoking and once you do and look back, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Mate of mine stepped down trying to reach 1 smoke an hour and trying not to smoke all of it. He kept paring down, identifying the urge and dealing with it instead of giving in and lighting up. Half the battle is taking control of your mind, your urges. The other is the chemical addiction, which compliments the former.

I went the e-cig route, stepped down nicotine strength and then finally quit 2 months ago. Think I've got it cracked this time.

bravo! good for you

one reason to cut down is as you said He kept paring down, identifying the urge and dealing with it

bravo! good for you

one reason to cut down is as you said He kept paring down, identifying the urge and dealing with it

But it sounds like an unnecessary torturing yourself. Why identifying the urge and dealing with it hundreds of times instead of ramming thru. If just stopping the urge peaks at day 3-4 and after 7 days it fades away. That is of course harder, but for a relative short time in compare with your daily struggle and monitoring it.

Of course everyone is different and what is good for me, might be more difficult for you.