Crackdown On Mia-Noi's

george

John K, you are absolutly right. Gik is a casual affair with no strings. Gik can also mean a close friend. Maybe its one of those words in transition to a new meaning?

Mia noi's can be troublesome and not necessarily as faithful as you think. The logic being that if you can have another wife (no 1) then mia noi might also think the same way... Always alot of conflict with the mia noi, because she is not number one, and she be-grudges this. I have some experience of this.

Maybe Gik is a Thai phenomina? I mean Thais get bored quickly, so the Gik concept fits in with this. I know ppl who hav gik relationships, and when they get bored then move onto someone else (or maybe the sex is no longer exciting and dangerous?). Either way, seems to boil down to being bored.

Edited by MaiChai

Makes me laugh that some bigwig politico (Sanoh??) started the "Ministry For Culture" just to give his wife a job to do. He was also famous for having mia-noi's. The Ministry For Culture have since given us hilarious guidelines on how to behave; and fatwahs on things like "spaghetti-strap" dresses, and most recently "Tom Dundee" condoms. :o

If you need a "Ministry" for culture, then perhaps you don't have any?

If you need a "Ministry" for culture, then perhaps you don't have any?

Cum now,

France has the Minister of Culture and Communications – And look at what that has done for French culture – Toubon Laws (keeping French language free from outside influences), and DADVSI (itunes law).

Certainly a culture as distinguished as the French are worth mocking (I mean mimicking) - :o

yeah; since when are gig's and mia-noi's the same thing? i can see why someone would check up on a mia-noi, since there's money involved and perhaps some degree of expectation on both sides because of the money etc. changing hands, but why would a guy investigate a "gig", which is, simply put, supposed to be just a f*** buddy. that's the sense in which thais use the word, anyway.

perhaps some dumb guys are thinking that the money they are paying some smart girls entitles them to call them "mia-noi" and expect something from them, while the girls are just treating it as a casual thing, and therefore they are just "gig-gan".

either way, the same lesson to be learned. see my earlier post.

I met a PI once in Palm Springs who checked out wives for men who could afford him.

His style was a bit different though; he would follow them to wherever they were going out for the evening and hit on them himself, often bringing them back to his "lair" where he had hidden cameras set up.

He said at least 80% of them were "open to his advances" and then he would bring the pics to the suspecting hubbies. Saved him alot of time truing to follow them around with another "gik" and get the proof he needed for his clients. How he never got beat to within an inch of his life by the guys who hired him, I'm not exactly sure. However he was a fairly big dude with martial arts training and seemed like a guy you wouldn't want to "f" with...unless you happen to be a heartless howsewife in heat. He was also young and handsome, which helped of course - the ruffies probably didn't hurt either...haha.

I don't think I'd recomend him to anyone, but the proof is in the pudding as they say...

Wish my jop had fringe benefits like that!