Proposed alcohol ban for New Year and Songkran

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have stated, this applies to public places only. Bars, clubs, restaurants, golf clubs, convenience stores etc will be selling alcohol as normal.

Not a bad idea IMHO.

i always take a few beers to the the beach and watch the fireworks on NY eve. alsways fun and never a problem. so what now, the police are going to be roming the beaches telling tousands of people to throw their booze away?

• Like 2

I guess it's easier to ban booze than make Thais become more responsible drinkers / drivers. I'll certainly be blaming law enforcement - again - for the road carnage this year. Forget the 400 baht fine. Try 5000 baht and vehicle confiscation for a month. But no, it won't happen. The solution is quite simple really..The Dunning-Kruger effect is well and alive in LoSlaugh.png

Ah what the h3ll. Just change the national religion to Islam coffee1.gif

Well, I am from a country majority of people are Muslim. People can drink freely anytime anywhere is allowed which are retaurants, bars etc etc. you can buy alcohol anytime from and liquor shop or market. Although public drinking is illegal there places that many people drink freely and dont bother nobody. Even in Ramadan, nothing changes.

• Like 1

Another crack down on Tourism .......

Tourism in Thailand is estimated to be down in 2014 by a factor of 20% from the year before. Harassment of western visitors is apparently a pastime determined to increase the number of international visitors that see Thailand, once considered a country friendly to visitors, as a country pushed further and further down the destination bucket list.

When there wil be a crack down on stupid officials ?

Public places, so that means you can drink in a pub etc, yes or no?

You, unlike half the half wits on the forum, have hit the nail on the head. Restaurant and Bars are not public places, but the streets, squares, bus stations, railway stations and the like are public places. Do wish more people would read more carefully what is written angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6HzEDnCl

• Like 2

I have been looking to a have one of those laughs that don't stop for a long time. I will be smiling as I go to bed tonight. Thank you for this utter nonsense. I also suggest no sex during this time, including between husband and wife, and free food for everyone!

Thiis gets proposed every year but has not been implemented.....what I would propose is that anyone caught drunk driving or causing accident during these periods be sent to jail for a year...then there might be fewer accidents in holidays in the future,

Why ban alcohol for the 97% who are not driving drunk ?

Ah what the h3ll. Just change the national religion to Islam coffee1.gif

Well, I am from a country majority of people are Muslim. People can drink freely anytime anywhere is allowed which are retaurants, bars etc etc. you can buy alcohol anytime from and liquor shop or market. Although public drinking is illegal there places that many people drink freely and dont bother nobody. Even in Ramadan, nothing changes.

A sensible response.

Unfortunately Thais are not s sensible.

Public places, so that means you can drink in a pub etc, yes or no?

You, unlike half the half wits on the forum, have hit the nail on the head. Restaurant and Bars are not public places, but the streets, squares, bus stations, railway stations and the like are public places. Do wish more people would read more carefully what is written angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6HzEDnCl

Before you call other people names, public places are also the parks in Naklua which will be crowded with people having picnics, and those on the beach enjoying the fireworks. The list of public places where alcohol is consumed is huge. Do you advocate fathers being dragged from the New Years Fireworks Show for having a beer. Indeed, I can think of many names to throw back. Try not to be confrontational.

• Like 1