Surge of reported police harassment suggests campaign targeting tourists, expats

webfact

Death of Tourism = Death of Thailand . . .

If SARS, bird flu, the tsunami, military coups, martial law, months of street protests in the centre of Bangkok, bombs and a terrorist insurgency in the South didn't lead to the death of tourism, a few stop & search police stops in one small area of Bangkok are hardly likely to!

Thailand is selling what everybody wants, cheap prostitutes. There will be bodies lying

in the street, and punters will still be coming here for the girls. However that would

slow down the Chinese tourists...... So at one level you are right, a few searches are

not going to slow down the punters.

I recommend you do not discontinue the therapy quite yet. Unresolved mummy issues methinks. Maybe weaned too early?

Wow, that is hands down the most brilliant riposte I have ever had the pleasure to read on TV.

Bravo I say, as a tribute to your scintillating and insightful wit !!!!!! Truly I have been cut to

the quick, as I can only stare at the monitor in fear at the possibility you will shred another of

my posts.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It is just a reality that men who seek to demean women whether in the sex trade or not often have 'issues' stemming from their childhood. References to punters and prostitutes may help you vent your anxieties about yourself but are not pertinent to a discussion about police corruption.

Sigh , ok. Since you have chosen to take umbrage at the term prostitute, which is actually

a more precise usage of the English language, what term would prefer? Bar girls, entertainers,

horizontal dancers ?? And far from demeaning them, I enjoy them greatly, and have used their services for many years. So whatever your defensive position is, ( married to one ? ) you have clearly wasted your vitriol on the wrong person. And actually the sex for money business and police corruption ARE closely tied together. Do you ever read Thai news ?? Google Chuvit and see how much money he was paying the police monthly to run his sex/massage business.....

As I said 'issues.' That you seek to demean other people and yourself speaks volumes. Guilt issues seem the most obvious.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard about Police harrasement In November last year, from stateside friends who know expats in BKK.

This one from TIME:

http://time.com/3674200/thailand-tourism-police-corruption-shakedown-extortion/

My Thai(Isan) partner hates the police there, and that is one more reason not to return.

He got pulled over for a bribe driving back to our condo after work on his bike last year.

My mate's son and his girl got harrassed on Silom Rd. by very agressive cops 2 days ago.

He was driniking a beer while in a tuk tuk.

They demanded 10,000 bht or be hauled off to jail. They were terrified - both are in their early 20's and fresh young tourists.

They also did not have 10k. Cops took the thousand they had and let them go.

These dogs need to be put on a leash.

My mate's son and his girl got harrassed on Silom Rd. by very agressive cops 2 days ago.

They demanded 10,000 bht or be hauled off to jail. They were terrified - both are in their early 20's and fresh young tourists.

Bull. another wind up merchant

Just to add,, Look .. IF you want a bit of fun then do it on face,,Fxxxing book. We are a very serious people here in BKK and really like to support our BIB poilice force.... Never in a month of Sundays would they do such a thing

There's no excuse for them being aggressive. However, alcohol in vehicles (irrespective who is driving) is illegal in Thailand with a fine of 10,000 baht. So your mate's son was lucky to get away with only 1,000 baht!

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/04/its-forbidden-to-drink-alcohol-in-vehicles-in-thailand/

There's no excuse for them being aggressive. However, alcohol in vehicles (irrespective who is driving) is illegal in Thailand with a fine of 10,000 baht. So your mate's son was lucky to get away with only 1,000 baht!

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2013/04/its-forbidden-to-drink-alcohol-in-vehicles-in-thailand/

Wow. I had no idea...... I will tell them.

They may feel a little better about it considering.....

Bull. another wind up merchant

And you deduce that how? Who's actually doing the winding here?

• 1 year later...

Archived