Issan (burriram)

macb

Hi folks:

Well here goes I am already getting contacts from Burriram area and many thanks to those concerned.

But what about setting up a Forum for those of us living here whether you live here all the time or commute from your country so many times a year.

I live here all the time now.

Add your comments and imput from Forum Support and Moderators.

macb

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a farming forum? The number of farming threads on the Issan forum seem to annoy some people. :o:D:D:D:D
It's been asked before mate......lot's of times. They are'nt really intrested, it got lumped into the "Pet's and Vet's" forum so no one really post any of the farming stuff there. Shame really cos there some really good informtive threads, stuff that you can't really get anywhere else, but they just get sucked up into the mass of other posts.

NOT to disparage the good name of Buriramians (is that what they are called?)....

but do 4 guys really constitute enough for a separate forum?

:D

That's about as many members as there are in Sri Racha... :o

NOT to disparage the good name of Buriramians (is that what they are called?)....

I would bring it up with Admin in the mods forum, but there doesn't seem to be any members with Burriram in their thaivisa name, which is of course a pre-requisite for getting a dedicated forum. Shame but is the rules Macb. :D:D

BTW JD, even though are 4 members from Sriracha out of 32,000 the total % of intelligence from Sriracha is in double % figures. :D:D:D

I would however think of splitting the Isaan forum into a north and south Isaan. South Isaan would be Surin,Sisaket,Ubon, Roi Et, Yasathon, and what's the other one? Oh yes Buriram, while north Isaan would be Korat,Khon Khen, Udon, Nong Kai. Toaster would of course have to choose which side to be on and swear alliegance accordingly.

Pak Isaan is I think the biggest of the 4 Provinces of Thailand, and someone who lives in say Nong Kai, is not really bothered about what happens in Surin. And of course vica versa.

I would like to suggest Buriramiums are called 'BUMS' for short :o

TBWG :D

hence the lack of any request for same.... :D

but.... I can just imagine a "Sriracha Forum"

cue soundtrack of crickets softly chirping in a pleasing night-time serenade, followed by leaves gently rustling in the breeze, and then finished up with a rampaging pack of soi dogs in a viciously brutal attack on a lone soi cat.

I would bring it up with Admin in the mods forum, but there doesn't seem to be any members with Burriram in their thaivisa name, which is of course a pre-requisite for getting a dedicated forum. Shame but is the rules Macb. :D:D

:D excellent tuky... and btw,

Buriram Bob, Buriram Barry, and Buriram Betty are all available nicks

BTW JD, even though are 4 members from Sriracha out of 32,000 the total % of intelligence from Sriracha is in double % figures. :D:D:D

LOL... I think it just dropped a few percentage points... I had to read through that three times before sorting it out.... :D

BTW JD, even though are 4 members from Sriracha out of 32,000 the total % of intelligence from Sriracha is in double % figures. :D:o:D
LOL... I think it just dropped a few percentage points... I had to read through that three times before sorting it out.... :D

You weren't the only one SJ... maybe English isn't Turky's native language... :D

/Edit - apologies to the Isaanites for the thread-jacking by the Chonburians... :D

Edited by Jai Dee

Out of fairness to Sriracha, and in order to raise the collective IQ my family and I are currently looking to relocate to a location more suitable to our level of conversation and comprehension.

Hence we have decided upon Ban Amphoe, Na Jomtien or Amphur Sattahip as likely contenders.

Out of fairness to Sriracha, and in order to raise the collective IQ my family and I are currently looking to relocate to a location more suitable to our level of conversation and comprehension.

Hence we have decided upon Ban Amphoe, Na Jomtien or Amphur Sattahip as likely contenders.

No worries mate... c'mon down... so long as the rest of the tribe stay in Sriracha... :o

In my defence I would like to point out the time of my illegible post. Yesterday, 2006-08-08 17:53:18, seeing my finish time is 1800 I was understandably rushed. Considering my two finger typing skills, and the speed at which I was typing in order to be available for my driver to run me home I blame my other 6 fingers as I am certain the missing words belonged to them on the keyboard. My thumbs were working as I can see a space wherever one is needed.

SJ, might I point this thread out to you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78085

In my defence I would like to point out the time of my illegible post. Yesterday, 2006-08-08 17:53:18, seeing my finish time is 1800 I was understandably rushed. Considering my two finger typing skills, and the speed at which I was typing in order to be available for my driver to run me home I blame my other 6 fingers as I am certain the missing words belonged to them on the keyboard. My thumbs were working as I can see a space wherever one is needed.

SJ, might I point this thread out to you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78085

ahhhh...thanks.

I appreciate learning the origin of that famous gangsta rapper, macb...

post-9005-1155125751.jpg

lookin' forward to his new album's release date..

as well as I'm totally understanding of the origins of your keyboard glitching.

Chonburians rule, JD

you know there are so many Farangs in this area obviously not all on or interested in Forums, we call it little England.

Then we all do the Supermarket thing then dissappear back into the jungle and re-join our tribes.

Times have changed though we leave the tribe and go in search of food but choose oick and pay where our ancestors left the tribe went found killed and skinned and did not have to pay.

So Burriram is busy with Farangs but not enough for its own Forum .

Well never mind aye the topic brought forth visitors.

macb :o

As someone who's been through many areas of that province several times, you do have a nice area, macb, in which to have your "Little England" /// good people up in your area.

welcome to TV, and for showing the proper temperment by accepting a bit of good-natured ribbing.

:welcome:

the place you come to get your supplies :D

[Well I dont do to bad getting what I want in Burriram, sometimes there is the excursion to um how you spell it oh yeah Surine it is with an 'e' int it :o ]

macb :D:D

I too live in Buri-Ram province. I would welcome the forum as well, so I guess that make what 5 of us now? Oh wait... a friend of mine just joined TV and he lives there as well.... 6. See we're in a major population boom. Personally I can't see the harm in it. I like gardening, but I'm not an Isaan farmer... I don't open that at all, not that I don't like the Isaan, I'm proud to live there, I'm just not a farmer.

It would be kind of like a Hetero lady going to Gay in Thailand to read how to pick up guys. Same idea, but different game plan. :o

Oops! One minor clarification... I'm happy, but I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with anyone being gay... :D

Edited by soic

I too live in Buri-Ram province. I would welcome the forum as well, so I guess that make what 5 of us now? Oh wait... a friend of mine just joined TV and he lives there as well.... 6. See we're in a major population boom. Personally I can't see the harm in it. I like gardening, but I'm not an Isaan farmer... I don't open that at all, not that I don't like the Isaan, I'm proud to live there, I'm just not a farmer.

It would be kind of like a Hetero lady going to Gay in Thailand to read how to pick up guys. Same idea, but different game plan. :o

:

( Well done soic another one aboard the Burriram express keep um coming in you Burriram guys

macb

Those previous postings which state 4 farangs in Buriram should open there eyes or even visit the place as whenever i have been there the number of farang appears to be on the increase.i suggest a trip into the BAMBOO BAR and if not the BOOK and BED and count the farang. :o

I too live in Buri-Ram province. I would welcome the forum as well, so I guess that make what 5 of us now? Oh wait... a friend of mine just joined TV and he lives there as well.... 6. See we're in a major population boom.

Make that seven..... however, I know at least 20 other farangs in my little town, but most are threatened by the internet.... and the ones that I don't know but catch a glimpse of every now and again resemble Mark Twain on his day on.... do you really want that addition..... I don't think so :o

Make that seven..... however, I know at least 20 other farangs in my little town, but most are threatened by the internet.... and the ones that I don't know but catch a glimpse of every now and again resemble Mark Twain on his day on.... do you really want that addition..... I don't think so :o

[Hi Thaddeus nice to see you here, you may recognise me from a certain other Forum which i do not visit now for my own reasons. Yes I know what you are saying about the Mark Twain look alikes and possibly some with a brain cell problem, but if successful and created then good moderating will make for a good Burriram Forum I am sure]

macb

Farang English bars/restaurants in buriram province.

Bamboo........buriram.....................Dave, English

Time out.......Baan bakdon.............Ludo Belgium

Dangs..........Ban Kruat....................Thai, Dang

Richards Pizza........Lahan Sai..........Richard English

Soraya....Nong Din Dang.................Dave.English ( I thunk that's his name)

Rays..........Packham.......................John.English

Country pub...nong ki...........'uddersfield

There are also two new ones opened in Buriram town, sorry, lost the card to one of them. Hope the roast lamb was nice.And I believe one has opened in Nang Rong. This is to cater for the estimated 1,500 Farangs that live in Buriram. There is of course an Isaan Farang Restaurant guide somewhere on the forum.

If anyone knows of any more, please pm me as I am reserving a spot on my web-site for this purpose.

Edited by lampard10