Issan (burriram)

macb

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As you all probably know, and have read about by now, we are having a party on the 2nd of September, at the FC. I hope to see some of you lads along to sample our ample supplies of free *chang* and :o Archa :D

Have to take a raincheck on that cuzz, land in Bangkok 2nd, will catch up with you though later on in the month........cheers......... :D

I too would be interested. I have a small shoe store and home in NonDindang, Buri-ram. I don't have much interest or in common with Bangkok or Pattaya. I only travel through Bangkok on my way home. I seldom if ever go to Pattaya anymore. I really enjoy broaching subjects about our area and our lifestyles there.

Bring Smudger then.........( unless you are Smudger) :D

Where and what is the FC? If it's near home and Smudger is still "shaggin about" I'll bring him. I'll also see if I can get John to come with us. In that case there would be 4 of us... it would be nice to meet some new fello Farang in the area.

Hi Guys,

I am another Buriram froum member. Not full time but the wife,daughter and I have a house there in the old Moo Baan. Baan Nawk. I think that the idea for the upper and lower Issan forums is a good one.

In my 6 years in BR area I have steadily seen an increase in Falangs. Even a Falang who built a house in our Village, But I was the first. I have got to believe that the area is receiving more Falangs than ever before.

I was watching a Travel channel special on Thailand and they showed scenes of Bangkok and then Phanom Rung. Of all the places outside of Bkk they chose Phanom Rung. We have all seen those nice signs in English welcomiong the tourist to Buriram City and the improvements around the lake in the center of town. I feel that in the future Buriram will be on the tourist map.

LL

I think a forum is a damm good idea, as the population is on the increase, i have been coming to buriram for 12 years now, and also was the first ferang to build a house in our village, 1999,there are now 4 more ferrang houses, 3 western style one thai style, i always remember my first years in Buriram, all the kids would touch your skin, it was like been in a circus, the kids use to go wild if they saw a ferrang, and everybody wanted to see him, but now this does not happen to often, but it is the best place on earth, also you can never get better mates as in essarn, all the ferrangs i know would help each other out if there was a problem, you would not get this back home in the UK.

Edited by Thaicoon

For those of you advocating a split of the Isaan Forum, which provinces do you see being included in each forum (assuming a north and south forum)?

:o

I gave a rough outline earlier in this topic.

And Soic we're in Surin. Try to bring Richard from Lahan Sai as well. And if you still do not know where we are, click on the FC link at the top of every Isaan page

Edited by lampard10

Well 64 hits now 65.

Up-Date on Burriram area, rain rain, but today very hot.

Book and Bed is still going strong with good thai/Farang food opposite is the 'Be my Guest bar' not frequented very much. Of course the Bamboo bar is still going not my cup of tea though.

Nice Bar type Restaurant situated round the corner from the Thapnakon next to the Michelin Garage.

More soon

macb

For those of you advocating a split of the Isaan Forum, which provinces do you see being included in each forum (assuming a north and south forum)?

:o

I gave a rough outline earlier in this topic.

And Soic we're in Surin. Try to bring Richard from Lahan Sai as well. And if you still do not know where we are, click on the FC link at the top of every Isaan page

I'll see if we can find him. I'm sure that Smudger will have an idea, it seems that almost everyone knows him or vise versa. My friend and I will be there on the 29th, but will be stuck in BKK working with Sunbelt for at least 2 days before we can go home. We've been anxious to get home for a while... Everyday in Iraq is a day too many.

Well 64 hits now 65.

Up-Date on Burriram area, rain rain, but today very hot.

Book and Bed is still going strong with good thai/Farang food opposite is the 'Be my Guest bar' not frequented very much. Of course the Bamboo bar is still going not my cup of tea though.

Nice Bar type Restaurant situated round the corner from the Thapnakon next to the Michelin Garage.

More soon

macb

Indeed, very hot and wet today.

This area is also very handy for Visa runs, I had to do one this morning and the people at Chong Chom are friendly and helpful.

Plus, it's my Birthday today.... so, don't expect much sense out of me later (not that I generally make much sense anyway :o )

This area is also very handy for Visa runs, I had to do one this morning and the people at Chong Chom are friendly and helpful.

Plus, it's my Birthday today.... so, don't expect much sense out of me later (not that I generally make much sense anyway :o )

Wot........and you didn't come and see us................shame on you. :D

Plus, it's my Birthday today.... so, don't expect much sense out of me later (not that I generally make much sense anyway :D )

Hi Thaddeus

Happy Birthday easy on the Changs!!!

Is Satuk near enough to be a member of the Buriram Forum? at least we have an airport, thats more than Buriram does! :o

Keep the weather updates coming.

TBWG :D

Is Satuk near enough to be a member of the Buriram Forum? at least we have an airport, thats more than Buriram does!

:D:D:D

I think that would make it qualify, but it isn't my decision ...... I have a funny story about Satuk... but I don't have enought working fingerd left to make the triping any sense :o (that's a joke BTW, I'm perfectly capable of typing the words,'enough', 'fingers' and 'typing'.... oops ... just did one of those in these parenthesis without even noticing until the end)

Mr L ... i don't drink and drive, well I do, but I don't drive incapacitated, are there any decent, but reasonably priced, hotels within a shouting distance of the FC (I am farang kee neeow, when faced with a choice of driving home after a party, or just getting my head down a walk or tuk-tuk distance away I would prefer to do that)

But I aint pating no toorist prises :D:D:D

[Mr L ... i don't drink and drive, well I do, but I don't drive incapacitated, are there any decent, but reasonably priced, hotels within a shouting distance of the FC (I am farang kee neeow, when faced with a choice of driving home after a party, or just getting my head down a walk or tuk-tuk distance away I would prefer to do that)

But I aint pating no toorist prises :o:D:D

Depends what you want.....we have around 25 hotels in Surin now. The one that everyone uses, is a real **** hotel in the bus station, about 150 yds from the FC. It only takes my customers about an hour to stagger home. That is 800 a night. On ther other end of the scale is the Amarin. 280 I think for a fan room. That is also quite near us. There are plenty in between those two prices. Check out Hotels on my web site at the top of the page.

Is Satuk near enough to be a member of the Buriram Forum? at least we have an airport, thats more than Buriram does! :o

Keep the weather updates coming.

[Hi TBWG thats what I wanted to know is Satuk Airport still up and running its about 30 clicks from my Ban]

Weather up-date

Yesterday very hot some rain in Beangpruewing area (my village) Huairat area,.

macb

Hi Guys:

Well I started this Burriram Forum quest.

I just want to say thanks to you guys for coming on board and keeping the thread going.

There do seem to be a lot of Farang guys in the surrounding areas its all very interesting.

Well heres a pic of our house there have been additions in the garden since then.

macb.

Hi Guys:

Well I started this Burriram Forum quest.

I just want to say thanks to you guys for coming on board and keeping the thread going.

There do seem to be a lot of Farang guys in the surrounding areas its all very interesting.

Well heres a pic of our house there have been additions in the garden since then.

macb.

I remember the gazebo....... :D the interior of the house is a little bleary! :o I do remember that you were going to send me an Excel spreadsheet on your building cost! :D

I remember the gazebo....... :D the interior of the house is a little bleary! :o I do remember that you were going to send me an Excel spreadsheet on your building cost! :D

[The inside ummm that must of been the LEO ha ha. Okay mate will get ont that and send an email sorry for delay or was it memory loss mmmm. When you down again donr forget to pay a visit]

mlb

In the next village to me is TimeOut, a restaurant, Fishing Park and meeting place, run by a Belgian guy called Ludo and his wife Am. It is a regular meeting place for all us farangs in the area and Saturday is dedicated to Farang Day ony...worth a visit.

If you visit www.bankadon.com Ludo has supplied info, pic's and a map on his website, come and view some of the local guys. We are a mixture of Brit's, Aussie's, German, French, Belgian, Swedish, Dutch, so a pretty mixed bunch. Although English is the main language, we all get on together and Ludo amazingly speaks 5 or 6 languages.

Pay a visit to the site and meet some of us, I am Uncle Albert's brother (I do Santa), however you won't recognise me now as I have shaved it all off and bought a theatrical wig & beard, too bloody hot to hold on to a real beard like that.

Since I am still in my Dubai office until next week, well I have no pic's of the house. However I do have a pic of our latest installation, this being 3 weeks old, it;s nearly finished now. If anyone is interested in a such, well come visit and have a look, my builder is a propost-17773-1156495554_thumb.jpgfessional pool installer and is looking for more work.

On the subject of the Buriram forum, I would go with Lampard 10 suggestion of a Buriram - Surin link, as we are not too far apart and it may increase our local circle of friends and knowledge, without wandering too far off course........ :o

For those who'll be at the party, and are staying overnight, we'll have a little chin-wag about our ideas at breakfast on Sunday morning. As well as the Buriram Westerners, there will be a rake of Ubon Easterners. All Lower Isaanites.

Here's a pic of my house... small but I love it!

[Hi 'soic' nice looking place mate well done on adding the pic Ban it keeps this thread on the go.]

macb

Thanks! I have a carport that would be over the pick up now. I'm anxious to get home to see it. It's a work in progress, we have more gardening and pond work to do... but it's home sweet home. I leave Iraq in the tomorrow and start that way.

[

[Hi TBWG thats what I wanted to know is Satuk Airport still up and running its about 30 clicks from my Ban]

Hi Macb

Yup, airport very much up and running although only 3 BKK flights per week.

Check out PBair website, great little airline with nice new equipment.

Hope forum comes about, keep up the weather updates.

Thanks! I have a carport that would be over the pick up now. I'm anxious to get home to see it. It's a work in progress, we have more gardening and pond work to do... but it's home sweet home. I leave Iraq in the tomorrow and start that way.

[

Hi Soic

Care to elaborate on the pond work. Why I am so interested in the weather is because my pond water level is very low following the dry spell and my Pla Nin are on the verge of being par boiled!

I an interested in other peoples solutions for retaining the water, before I give up and fill the thing in.

Thanks TBWG :o

[

Hi Soic

Care to elaborate on the pond work. Why I am so interested in the weather is because my pond water level is very low following the dry spell and my Pla Nin are on the verge of being par boiled!

I an interested in other peoples solutions for retaining the water, before I give up and fill the thing in.

Thanks TBWG :o

I'm going to put in a small pond, I plan to regulate it with well water. It's going to be a koi pond. I also plan to have it mostly shaded.

I

'm going to put in a small pond, I plan to regulate it with well water. It's going to be a koi pond. I also plan to have it mostly shaded.

Hi Soic

If by well water you mean from a bore hole, the water that comes out of mine is so rich in Magnesium I think it would kill the fish and it turns the water a purple colour.

Food for thought?

TBWG :o

I

'm going to put in a small pond, I plan to regulate it with well water. It's going to be a koi pond. I also plan to have it mostly shaded.

Hi Soic

If by well water you mean from a bore hole, the water that comes out of mine is so rich in Magnesium I think it would kill the fish and it turns the water a purple colour.

Food for thought?

I hadn't thought of that... we actually have city water. I guess we'll have to have it tested. Where there's a will there's a way is my motto. I'll find a way to have my koy if I have to fill it by the pickup truck load from the lake. :o