Issan (burriram)

macb

WELL HERE IS A ROUND UP FOR TODAYS WEATHER 27/09/06 time 0904 hrs THERES A PUN HERE SOMEWHERE

Overcast this morning no wind (there could be later I just had baked beans on toast :o ) Temp about 29/30 c.

Have a nice day

macb

Just had a delivery of Marmite, Bisto, Hovis bake-your-own-bread, Mc Dougalls self-raising flour, and Paxo. Walkers crisps next week I hope.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thad what you doing for christmas dinner this year

And I do like me spuds mate - fried or boiled

I'm sure that you will give me plenty of warning with regards to what my plans will be :o

But can we avoid the Chris Bonington mash potato challenge and 'my food came from which tree?' competition this year :D

I certainly think that one place will be off limits this year :D

WELL HERE IS A ROUND UP FOR TODAYS WEATHER 27/09/06 time 0904 hrs THERES A PUN HERE SOMEWHERE

Overcast this morning no wind (there could be later I just had baked beans on toast :o ) Temp about 29/30 c.

Have a nice day

macb

Just had a delivery of Marmite, Bisto, Hovis bake-your-own-bread, Mc Dougalls self-raising flour, and Paxo. Walkers crisps next week I hope.

Coming to Surin on Friday so will pop in a bring the cool box with me.

macb

WEATHER REPORT FOR TODAY 28/09/06 0835 HRS LOCAL BOONIES

Well its overcast this morning with hazy sunshine slight breeze from the south, it would not surprise me if we get some showers today temp 29/30 c

Have a nice day I will

macb

Hi MacB,

It was great to meet with you at last during our family outing to the Huai Mek dam. Always good to meet face to face, especially after conversing for so long on this and another website, as you mentioned. Now we have made contact and then Sanan and I finding your home the next day whilst visiting Buriram town, well our socializing activities will I think definitely flourish. Both you and your wife Bee were certainly received well by our lot and we look forward to you visiting our local Prakhon Chai events whenever you can make it, you can both be assured of a warm welcome.

This is the whole purpose of meetings like this, to make personal contact with friends and acquaintances in the area.

Although you posted a separate thread of the visit, I have decided to post my reply on the BUMS thread, as I wanted to indicate to all that we did attempt to get some of the BUMS together, unfortunately it was a very disappointing turn-out, although many have been indicating on this thread that an organized get-together would be nice.

I must add that a few BUM members did at least contact me and apologise for not being able to make it due to pressing matters at the time, including Ludo himself, although we used his Time-Out venue for the meet up and subsequent boys evening after the event.

If we are going to be serious about a local BUMS thread attempting to promote social events with groups or individuals from other nearby areas, well I am happy to organize such future outings, but we, as the 4 Musketeers of Paisan, would hope for a better response next time………….let’s have some feedback as to how everyone feels about it………is it a waste of time to include other BUM chapters in our socializing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just for interest, the reason we are called the 4 musketeers is as was their motto, one for all and all for one, we support each other in such things, so come on guys, give it some thought and maybe we will have one last bash at it in a few weeks time.

Info for anyone that may be interested, I am currently typing this on the train from Buriram to Don Muang airport, just another attempt of my learning curve in local facilities now that our home is permanently here. I am currently going back to my office in Dubai and rather than fly to Bangkok this time, I thought I would take the train journey.

I know this will be the last time I use Don Muang, but the Buriram station master assures me any future train journeys will link to a Sky Train system for the new airport, although I am not confirming that myself just yet.

However this journey started at 1720 Tuesday evening, the Bangkok express. 437 baht from Buriram to Don Muang and it takes 5 hours exactly, arriving at the airport 2220, with only 6 stops in between. I am in an air conditioned carriage, with reclining seat, blanket and fold away table. Food and drink is given when you initially board and again after leaving Korat. It is a bit like sitting in the economy section of an aircraft, except one can use the mobile phone. I mention this point as it is one of the annoying sides, as all around me phones go off intermittently and there is a young Thai on the opposite seat who is now and again watching TV on her phone, without earpiece, so everyone can hear it. She will be having a very sore toot if it happens again!!!!!!!!!!!

A good book, a flask of your favourite tipple and an mp3 system or the likes with earphones to block out surrounding noise would make it not too bad a way of traveling to Bangkok. I will post this once I arrive back at my Dubai office….all for now. :o

Hi Ray:

Yes Bee and I enjoyed the meet what a great bunch of guys and partners, although I only got to meet your wife to talk to you have a good one Ray the same as I have and they seem to get on well: I think and will support social activities, and if there are any Farangs near to me that are not blessed with transportation to such activities, then I would be willing to arrange a pick-up point and convey them with there ladies in my truck.

As for 'Beachers Bark' yes it is addictive but you need to play it to learn, you could not explain it in writing to many pages lol.

Well pleased you arrived in Dubai safely.

So you BUMS let us know here if your interested in Social Gatherings.

Re- organising Ray you got my support where I can give it you not need to do it all alone.

Regards

Macb

Hi Guys,

Anyone know this plot of land for sale in Hueyrat, here is the link, cannot work out the size, may put an offer in, just wondering how many Rai, been for sale quite a time,

http://www.kasikornbank.com/PropertyForSal...83-EN-1,00.html

I do not think it is even One rai, One Rai 40x40 Metres.

Edited by Thaicoon

[Here are some other guests that i found in our garden]

Well this I think was a cobra it reared up and had a go at me but I won with a Scaffold pole

So you do need to be aware of where you walk and keep your eyes open, thats why I strim my garden and keep the grass short.

macb

First year when we built our main house and started to clean the area( for old rubber tyres, all kinds of containers. old wood etc. :D ) we killed 7 cobras, among them 1 king and 3 spitting ones.

Lucky we had 2 Thai dingos which found them all and alerted us, so our workers could run and kill them, and have a snake bbq in the afternoon. :D

We still have the dingos (we will always have one or two) - last year we haven't seen any cobra, and the small snakes the dingos kill themselves. :D

In addition we have 2 French Mastifs (Dogue de Bordeaux) - they keep unwanted people away. :o

Hi Bergen

I am really very interested to know if you got the dogue de bordeaux in Thailand or brought them over from Europe. If in Thailand please tell me the whereabouts/contact of the breeder. If you have a pair perhaps you are going to breed yourself?

Thanks a lot.

le

[Here are some other guests that i found in our garden]

Well this I think was a cobra it reared up and had a go at me but I won with a Scaffold pole

So you do need to be aware of where you walk and keep your eyes open, thats why I strim my garden and keep the grass short.

macb

First year when we built our main house and started to clean the area( for old rubber tyres, all kinds of containers. old wood etc. :D ) we killed 7 cobras, among them 1 king and 3 spitting ones.

Lucky we had 2 Thai dingos which found them all and alerted us, so our workers could run and kill them, and have a snake bbq in the afternoon. :D

We still have the dingos (we will always have one or two) - last year we haven't seen any cobra, and the small snakes the dingos kill themselves. :D

In addition we have 2 French Mastifs (Dogue de Bordeaux) - they keep unwanted people away. :o

Hi Bergen

I am really very interested to know if you got the dogue de bordeaux in Thailand or brought them over from Europe. If in Thailand please tell me the whereabouts/contact of the breeder. If you have a pair perhaps you are going to breed yourself?

Thanks a lot.

le

Re-- this breed of dog there is a big world known kennels in bkk they do have a web site, but I do not have a link at the moment.

macb

Ray & Mac

Just got to say cant you find a better name for your group "BUMS" is not quite the right term I think, but then again thinking about it maybe.

Don't work too hard Ray and I still hope to meet you some time and Mac I will get over once I get the car back to see you again

All the best

ps weather report from Petchabun rain overnight now clear sky and a gentle breeze just about heaven on earth :o

Hi Guys,

Anyone know this plot of land for sale in Hueyrat, here is the link, cannot work out the size, may put an offer in, just wondering how many Rai, been for sale quite a time,

I went on to the site but i could not see where there is a list of propertys/land that the bank has for sale or prehaps they dont issue a list.How can i find out what and where the bank has property/land for sale.

cheers :o

macb, you raised my hopes with the citing of a world class kennel in bkk - then dashed them with not knowing how to contact them. but i will be googling after typing this.

still have hopes that bergen will post with specifics.

but thanks for confirming their availablity in thailand. i shoudl be able to track them down eventually.

Hi Guys,

I went on to the site but i could not see where there is a list of propertys/land that the bank has for sale or prehaps they dont issue a list.How can i find out what and where the bank has property/land for sale.

cheers :o

Binsey here is there link, it loads a little slow, but be patient,

http://www.kasikornbank.com/PropertyForSal...,0-EN-1,00.html

I wonder if the Siam commercial bank has the same service on line, as most banks in Thailand have property for sale, just pop in and ask to look at there repossesions and property for sale, my wife and i have bought property this way.

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT BOONIES 30/09/06 TIME 0734 HRS

Well rain in the night very stormy, power cut 0400hrs came back on 0545 hours. At the moment no rain overcast with hazy sunshine no wind. Outlook I think we may be a bit warmer today.

Have a nice day I will

macb :o

Ray & Mac

Just got to say cant you find a better name for your group "BUMS" is not quite the right term I think, but then again thinking about it maybe.

Don't work too hard Ray and I still hope to meet you some time and Mac I will get over once I get the car back to see you again

All the best

ps weather report from Petchabun rain overnight now clear sky and a gentle breeze just about heaven on earth :o

Mervyn matey:

Re- visit I think it will be November when Brin and mott over is this correct?

macb

macb, you raised my hopes with the citing of a world class kennel in bkk - then dashed them with not knowing how to contact them. but i will be googling after typing this.

but thanks for confirming their availablity in thailand. i shoudl be able to track them down eventually.

Sorry will research this today and find a link for you

macb

WEATHER REPORT FOR HUAIRAT BOONIES 01/10/06 TIME 0750HRS

Well different start this morning overcast but the sun is showing itself, with a slight breeze from which direction my flags are not telling me. Temp 30/31 today I think.

Have a nice day I will.

macb

Well different start this morning overcast but the sun is showing itself, with a slight breeze from which direction my flags are not telling me. Temp 30/31 today I think.

Have a nice day I will.

macb

Mac

Were you Mystic Meg in a previous life? ....... (Mystic Mac...... that's got a good ring to it) :o

post-15958-1159665731_thumb.jpg

Have a nice day I will.

macb

Mac

Were you Mystic Meg in a previous life? ....... (Mystic Mac...... that's got a good ring to it) :D

Funny you should say that, but thats another story :o

macb

Here is a link for your perusal.

http://www.puppysites.com/breeder_thailand.shtml

macb

macb

another site for you

http://www.thaidog.com/

macb

WEATHER WARNING 1848 HRS:

During the afternoon there has been rain and the wind has swung from the NNW, it is expected that the winds and rain from Taiwan xangwane typhoon will sweep through during the course of the night and maybe persist for 2/3 days.

macb

Edited by macb

Sorry will research this today and find a link for you

macb

macb

hi macb

thanks for posting those two websites. the thai dog is one of the breeds i'm considering and actually i'd dug up that site already and have told jack that i'll drop by to look.

my original post was to follow up on your mentioning that there was a reputable breeder of the dogue de bordeaux (french mastiff). i've looked at the other site you posted and it doesn't lead me to this or the other breeds i'm looking for. hope you do remember where you got that info about the dogue de bordeaux.

i noticed you have an alsation. my girl friend is very keen that i get one. the reasons i've resisted are 1) that i grew up with them in my parents' household and do love them but want a change, and 2) because there is so much publicity now that they have become a victim of their popularity by being inbred and have consequently developed congenital problems. I'd be interested to know your views and whether and where you got yours in thailand. also whther they're happy to co-exist with other dogs in the home.

well that's enough dog-chat.

WEATHER WARNING 1848 HRS:

During the afternoon there has been rain and the wind has swung from the NNW, it is expected that the winds and rain from Taiwan xangwane typhoon will sweep through during the course of the night and maybe persist for 2/3 days.

macb

็Hi

Don't know about typhoon Xangsane but the weather here in UK (southeast) is appalling now (Sunday afternoon) High winds, torrential rain, hail stones and occasional sunny spells, don't you just love it!! :o

TBWG:wai: