Issan (burriram)

macb

Farang English bars/restaurants in buriram province.

Bamboo........buriram.....................Dave, English

Time out.......Baan bakdon.............Ludo Belgium

Dangs..........Ban Kruat....................Thai, Dang

Richards Pizza........Lahan Sai..........Richard English

Soraya....Nong Din Dang.................Dave.English ( I thunk that's his name)

Rays..........Packham.......................John.English

Country pub...nong ki...........'uddersfield

There are also two new ones opened in Buriram town, sorry, lost the card to one of them. Hope the roast lamb was nice.And I believe one has opened in Nang Rong. This is to cater for the estimated 1,500 Farangs that live in Buriram. There is of course an Isaan Farang Restaurant guide somewhere on the forum.

If anyone knows of any more, please pm me as I am reserving a spot on my web-site for this purpose.

Soraya.... NonDinDang..... We call him Smudger.

I know John very well, nice restaurant and great people.

I have a shoe store in NonDinDang, used to have small cafe and convenience store as well. I'm American and the name is Chris. I've been living there for 2 years, mostly on breaks and vacation, I work in Iraq. I have another American friend that's moving there too. His name is Rick.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Thaddeus nice to see you here, you may recognise me from a certain other Forum which i do not visit now for my own reasons.

Yes Mac.... I remember.

Just as a little note to the previous post.

Richard's place in Lahan Sai is an excellent place to get a pizza. He also makes the best bread in the area..... but don't go on a Monday, because he will be at Dangs in Ban Kruat with the rest of us.

Hi Thaddeus nice to see you here, you may recognise me from a certain other Forum which i do not visit now for my own reasons.

Yes Mac.... I remember.

Just as a little note to the previous post.

Richard's place in Lahan Sai is an excellent place to get a pizza. He also makes the best bread in the area..... but don't go on a Monday, because he will be at Dangs in Ban Kruat with the rest of us.

If there's any bread left after I've been there. Hope the breakies are better in Dangs now I've convinced him to use English bangers. :o

I thadd:

Well Mervyn and Nid beeen here for two days lewft this morning:

For those Reading this; It was a mean Shepherds pie and cauliflower cooked by my lovely wife and then last night we had steak and jacket potatoes, and this morning we had sausage bacon eggs and toast mmm wonderful

macb

For those Reading this; It was a mean Shepherds pie and cauliflower cooked by my lovely wife and then last night we had steak and jacket potatoes, and this morning we had sausage bacon eggs and toast mmm wonderful

macb

Livin' it large then..... can Merv still eat more spuds than a pig? :D

If there's any bread left after I've been there. Hope the breakies are better in Dangs now I've convinced him to use English bangers.

OMG no..... and it's worse if Bun (his wife) is doing the cooking, because you get more :o , but having said that, in the evening, his beer is cold, his smile is broad and the BBQ spare ribs are great :thumb:

Livin' it large then..... can Merv still eat more spuds than a pig? :o

[Well all the years I have known him I am convinced he should have been born a snake because he does the same as them I am sure swallows the food then digests it, bless him great guy]

macb

OMG no..... and it's worse if Bun (his wife) is doing the cooking, because you get more

I can see why we're supplying 5kg's of bacon a week then :o

Actually, the bacon is good.... I probably get through most of that 5kg's by myself :D

Count me in. I think that makes eight confessions. But there's a lot more. I just returned from there a couple of days ago. I met a few people over time and a beer amongst others, Thaicoon, Colin the Computer (but he's in Prakon Chai) and a few others. But I don't mind sharing the Isaan forum. It makes for interesting reading sometimes.

Now combine a Buriram and Surin forum, and that gives food for thought. I would think those two provinces together have a bigger falang population than anywhere outside BKK and Pattaya. Maybe even more than Phuket.

And Thad..........now I know why Dang's sister comes on sundays for the bacon & sausages.

Edited by lampard10

I too live in Buri-Ram province. I would welcome the forum as well, so I guess that make what 5 of us now? Oh wait... a friend of mine just joined TV and he lives there as well.... 6. See we're in a major population boom. Personally I can't see the harm in it. I like gardening, but I'm not an Isaan farmer... I don't open that at all, not that I don't like the Isaan, I'm proud to live there, I'm just not a farmer.

It would be kind of like a Hetero lady going to Gay in Thailand to read how to pick up guys. Same idea, but different game plan. :o

Oops! One minor clarification... I'm happy, but I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with anyone being gay... :D

Lets make it 7, I know about a dozen guys in Buriram that look at this forum and some write, the dirty dozen.

Now combine a Buriram and Surin forum, and that gives food for thought. I would think those two provinces together have a bigger falang population than anywhere outside BKK and Pattaya. Maybe even more than Phuket.

And Thad..........now I know why Dang's sister comes on sundays for the bacon & sausages.

Ahhh.... that's where Jack's sausages come from..... lovely bloke Jack, terrified of computers though.

Farang English bars/restaurants in buriram province.

Bamboo........buriram.....................Dave, English

Time out.......Baan bakdon.............Ludo Belgium

Dangs..........Ban Kruat....................Thai, Dang

Richards Pizza........Lahan Sai..........Richard English

Soraya....Nong Din Dang.................Dave.English ( I thunk that's his name)

Rays..........Packham.......................John.English

Country pub...nong ki...........'uddersfield

There are also two new ones opened in Buriram town, sorry, lost the card to one of them. Hope the roast lamb was nice.And I believe one has opened in Nang Rong. This is to cater for the estimated 1,500 Farangs that live in Buriram. There is of course an Isaan Farang Restaurant guide somewhere on the forum.

If anyone knows of any more, please pm me as I am reserving a spot on my web-site for this purpose.

bamboo in Buriram, has thai owners now, First Dave, is in mid wales, use to rent a property off me, 2nd Dave back down south England, his wifes sister and hubby are the new owners.

Hi MacB, Thadd, Lampard 10,

Currently in my Dubai office, therefore just spotted this thread for the 1st time. Add me to the list of support to a Buriram Forum, or for that matter a good idea from Lampard 10 re a Buriram/Surin forum.

I also know a couple of near neighbours of mine who are also members of Thaivisa and I know they would also be interested, I will draw their attention to this thread when I arrive home next week.

I live between Prakhon Chai and Prasat and in a 5 km radius there are quite a few of us, the local police refer to our area as Farang City. I'm sure a local "Buriram Branch" of Thaivisa would attract a few more of these guys.

Just my pennyworth!! :o

Hi MacB, Thadd, Lampard 10,

Currently in my Dubai office, therefore just spotted this thread for the 1st time. Add me to the list of support to a Buriram Forum, or for that matter a good idea from Lampard 10 re a Buriram/Surin forum.

I also know a couple of near neighbours of mine who are also members of Thaivisa and I know they would also be interested, I will draw their attention to this thread when I arrive home next week.

I live between Prakhon Chai and Prasat and in a 5 km radius there are quite a few of us, the local police refer to our area as Farang City. I'm sure a local "Buriram Branch" of Thaivisa would attract a few more of these guys.

Just my pennyworth!! :o

Hello cousin Ray.........I've discussed it with a few people, and to stop others getting the 'ump and asking for a Nong Kai forum, or Korat forum or Udon, or Ubon forums, I think it a sensible answer to split the Isaan forum into two. Upper Isaan, where the language is mostly Lao, and a Lower Isaan forum where Khymer is mostly spoken. These two areas have totally different life styles, and customs, and as the distance from Ubon to Udon is about the same as from BKK to Phuket, it would seem sense to split the forum. Each member would then have a choice to which area he wishes to direct his questions/answers/remarks/whinges/moans etc.

After all there is a Chang Mai and a Chang Rai forum and they are close.

I am also the sole sponsor for this huge area, and maybe someone from Upper Isaan would like a crack of the whip as well. As I said before: Food for thought.

Yo there cousin M,

I definitely think that concentrating a particular area like ours would definitely bring in more interest. Let's face it, Isaan consists of 28-29?? provinces, I and a lot more of my local friends are not really interested in anything outside say 100kms radius, prefer to concentrate on a nucleus of relationships with Farangs that are within grasp. A lot of guys rely solely on public transport of two wheels. I know you have a stack of true residents in your area and you know there is quite a heap in mine, yet we are only 50 klicks apart.

Basic information and contact within the local area is what a lot of guys are interested in. We have a German butcher and baker, a Belgian restaurant owner with a fishing park and a weekly Farang meeting day, A Frenchman with a small restaurant, 2 English guys with minimarts, a Scotsman with an Internet Cafe, this just in my immediate area. I personally hope to establish a golfing society now I have moved here permanently from Pattaya. Lots to be said for a localised "Branch" in my view. Also physical meetings are a reality with such..........let's try and support Bmac's attempts to establish this, I truly think it will take off. You know the ropes cuzz, give us some direction, I'm sure you will get support, maybe not hundreds of casual Joe's, but possibly a couple of score of genuine guys who wish to develop such. Fingers crossed, take care and see ya in a couple of weeks..........cuzzin RayBan :o

A lot of guys rely solely on public transport or two wheels.

Are you looking at me :D ..... joke Ray.... just a joke :o

But the essential idea of a North Isaan and South Isaan forum split makes some sense to me (even West or East) an individual forum isn't locked out for contribution by anyone anyway, every TV member can read and contribute even if they don't live in that area.

Edited by Thaddeus

Hello cousin Ray.........I've discussed it with a few people, and to stop others getting the 'ump and asking for a Nong Kai forum, or Korat forum or Udon, or Ubon forums, I think it a sensible answer to split the Isaan forum into two. Upper Isaan, where the language is mostly Lao, and a Lower Isaan forum where Khymer is mostly spoken. These two areas have totally different life styles, and customs, and as the distance from Ubon to Udon is about the same as from BKK to Phuket, it would seem sense to split the forum. Each member would then have a choice to which area he wishes to direct his questions/answers/remarks/whinges/moans etc.

After all there is a Chang Mai and a Chang Rai forum and they are close.

I am also the sole sponsor for this huge area, and maybe someone from Upper Isaan would like a crack of the whip as well. As I said before: Food for thought.

Yo again Cuzz M,

As an afterthought, if the Buriram?Surin sort of Chapter was a non-flyer, well your above suggestion would certainly have my support too. Anything to reduce the size of area would I think be a bonus to locals in the sense of focus on a particular vicinity.

I also am acutely aware of how much effort and support you have personally inputted into the Farang scene in the Surin/Buriram area, therefore your views are I am sure very much respected cuzz (free beer on my next visit now!!!!!!!!). :o

Yo Thadd,

Good to make contact on this forum. Don't worry about your dry humour, as we say in LOS... I know you too Muuuch from our previous UK one!!

I think we are both on the same wave-length in this subject matter, so hopefully something will become of it.

I read your report on the UK forum of the latest TOT acquirement and I am very much interested. I plan to pay you a visit sometime in September and will call you when I get home...take care bud. :o

Yo Thadd,

Good to make contact on this forum. Don't worry about your dry humour, as we say in LOS... I know you too Muuuch from our previous UK one!!

I think we are both on the same wave-length in this subject matter, so hopefully something will become of it.

I read your report on the UK forum of the latest TOT acquirement and I am very much interested. I plan to pay you a visit sometime in September and will call you when I get home...take care bud. :D

Look forward to it Ray.

As a little interjection, IPStar is an option.... but only if it is your only one.... but, we'll chat about that in September :o

As you all probably know, and have read about by now, we are having a party on the 2nd of September, at the FC. I hope to see some of you lads along to sample our ample supplies of free *chang* and :o Archa :D

Duly noted..... is there a dress code? :D

The Issan forum covers all Issan and dividing it might kill it off completely.

I find some posts from other Issan cities and countryside residents very interesting and some posts can encourage a visit to the area.

Since the contraction of the KEC to a social club ( Korats Expats Club) and the introduction of the Koratforum.com has the Issan forum been used less?

Thaivisa with its news service could help by getting involved in reporting the local politics in the area prior to complete review of its service.

The Koratpost attempts to represent Korat but from its recorded feedback it gets few posts.

Jai Dee posts interesting news from the Thai authorities but this needs expanding on.

What the Thaivisa might address are the number of visits to threads compared to the number of contributions.

Why are people so reluctant to post? Is it the comedians, those who post insults and those who have little of real interest to say.

Food for thought?

As you all probably know, and have read about by now, we are having a party on the 2nd of September, at the FC. I hope to see some of you lads along to sample our ample supplies of free *chang* and :o Archa :D

Have to take a raincheck on that cuzz, land in Bangkok 2nd, will catch up with you though later on in the month........cheers......... :D

Have to take a raincheck on that cuzz, land in Bangkok 2nd, will catch up with you though later on in the month........cheers......... :D

I too would be interested. I have a small shoe store and home in NonDindang, Buri-ram. I don't have much interest or in common with Bangkok or Pattaya. I only travel through Bangkok on my way home. I seldom if ever go to Pattaya anymore. I really enjoy broaching subjects about our area and our lifestyles there.

I too would be interested. I have a small shoe store and home in NonDindang, Buri-ram. I don't have much interest or in common with Bangkok or Pattaya. I only travel through Bangkok on my way home. I seldom if ever go to Pattaya anymore. I really enjoy broaching subjects about our area and our lifestyles there.

Bring Smudger then.........( unless you are Smudger) :D

About 3 years ago I was at Dangs in Baan Kruat....on a monday night and met a few of the locals...Richard I think was one of them...I have a mate (Barry) who lives in Baan Kodin Tai....there two of us out of towners...one very large gent and me who was the skinny one...we had some drinks near the lake on the border one afternoon...anyone recall that ?

I used to go there when there were just 3 farangs that lived in the Baan Kruat area and myself who visited every 6 months for about 3 years.

we had some drinks near the lake on the border one afternoon...anyone recall that ?

that would have been "The Dam"...... few of us can say the real name properly..... the signs in English say "Huai mek dam" . (I think)... needless to say, I don't look at the signs any more.

Was Barry from Australia by any chance?

Edited by Thaddeus

Hi Guys,

I am another Buriram froum member. Not full time but the wife,daughter and I have a house there in the old Moo Baan. Baan Nawk. I think that the idea for the upper and lower Issan forums is a good one.

In my 6 years in BR area I have steadily seen an increase in Falangs. Even a Falang who built a house in our Village, But I was the first. I have got to believe that the area is receiving more Falangs than ever before.

I was watching a Travel channel special on Thailand and they showed scenes of Bangkok and then Phanom Rung. Of all the places outside of Bkk they chose Phanom Rung. We have all seen those nice signs in English welcomiong the tourist to Buriram City and the improvements around the lake in the center of town. I feel that in the future Buriram will be on the tourist map.

LL