BANGKOK 24 March 2019 20:12
Sign in to follow this  
macb

Issan (burriram)

Farang English bars/restaurants in buriram province.

Bamboo........buriram.....................Dave, English

Time out.......Baan bakdon.............Ludo Belgium

Dangs..........Ban Kruat....................Thai, Dang

Richards Pizza........Lahan Sai..........Richard English

Soraya....Nong Din Dang.................Dave.English ( I thunk that's his name)

Rays..........Packham.......................John.English

Country pub...nong ki...........'uddersfield

There are also two new ones opened in Buriram town, sorry, lost the card to one of them. Hope the roast lamb was nice.And I believe one has opened in Nang Rong. This is to cater for the estimated 1,500 Farangs that live in Buriram. There is of course an Isaan Farang Restaurant guide somewhere on the forum.

If anyone knows of any more, please pm me as I am reserving a spot on my web-site for this purpose.

Soraya.... NonDinDang..... We call him Smudger.

I know John very well, nice restaurant and great people.

I have a shoe store in NonDinDang, used to have small cafe and convenience store as well. I'm American and the name is Chris. I've been living there for 2 years, mostly on breaks and vacation, I work in Iraq. I have another American friend that's moving there too. His name is Rick.

Hi Thaddeus nice to see you here, you may recognise me from a certain other Forum which i do not visit now for my own reasons.

Yes Mac.... I remember.

Just as a little note to the previous post.

Richard's place in Lahan Sai is an excellent place to get a pizza. He also makes the best bread in the area..... but don't go on a Monday, because he will be at Dangs in Ban Kruat with the rest of us.

Hi Thaddeus nice to see you here, you may recognise me from a certain other Forum which i do not visit now for my own reasons.

Yes Mac.... I remember.

Just as a little note to the previous post.

Richard's place in Lahan Sai is an excellent place to get a pizza. He also makes the best bread in the area..... but don't go on a Monday, because he will be at Dangs in Ban Kruat with the rest of us.

If there's any bread left after I've been there. Hope the breakies are better in Dangs now I've convinced him to use English bangers. :o

I thadd:

Well Mervyn and Nid beeen here for two days lewft this morning:

For those Reading this; It was a mean Shepherds pie and cauliflower cooked by my lovely wife and then last night we had steak and jacket potatoes, and this morning we had sausage bacon eggs and toast mmm wonderful

macb

For those Reading this; It was a mean Shepherds pie and cauliflower cooked by my lovely wife and then last night we had steak and jacket potatoes, and this morning we had sausage bacon eggs and toast mmm wonderful

macb

Livin' it large then..... can Merv still eat more spuds than a pig? :D

If there's any bread left after I've been there. Hope the breakies are better in Dangs now I've convinced him to use English bangers.

OMG no..... and it's worse if Bun (his wife) is doing the cooking, because you get more :o , but having said that, in the evening, his beer is cold, his smile is broad and the BBQ spare ribs are great :thumb:

Livin' it large then..... can Merv still eat more spuds than a pig? :o

[Well all the years I have known him I am convinced he should have been born a snake because he does the same as them I am sure swallows the food then digests it, bless him great guy]

macb

OMG no..... and it's worse if Bun (his wife) is doing the cooking, because you get more

I can see why we're supplying 5kg's of bacon a week then :o

Edited by lampard10

OMG no..... and it's worse if Bun (his wife) is doing the cooking, because you get more

I can see why we're supplying 5kg's of bacon a week then :o

Actually, the bacon is good.... I probably get through most of that 5kg's by myself :D

Count me in. I think that makes eight confessions. But there's a lot more. I just returned from there a couple of days ago. I met a few people over time and a beer amongst others, Thaicoon, Colin the Computer (but he's in Prakon Chai) and a few others. But I don't mind sharing the Isaan forum. It makes for interesting reading sometimes.

Now combine a Buriram and Surin forum, and that gives food for thought. I would think those two provinces together have a bigger falang population than anywhere outside BKK and Pattaya. Maybe even more than Phuket.

And Thad..........now I know why Dang's sister comes on sundays for the bacon & sausages.

Edited by lampard10

I too live in Buri-Ram province. I would welcome the forum as well, so I guess that make what 5 of us now? Oh wait... a friend of mine just joined TV and he lives there as well.... 6. See we're in a major population boom. Personally I can't see the harm in it. I like gardening, but I'm not an Isaan farmer... I don't open that at all, not that I don't like the Isaan, I'm proud to live there, I'm just not a farmer.

It would be kind of like a Hetero lady going to Gay in Thailand to read how to pick up guys. Same idea, but different game plan. :o

Oops! One minor clarification... I'm happy, but I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with anyone being gay... :D

Lets make it 7, I know about a dozen guys in Buriram that look at this forum and some write, the dirty dozen.

Now combine a Buriram and Surin forum, and that gives food for thought. I would think those two provinces together have a bigger falang population than anywhere outside BKK and Pattaya. Maybe even more than Phuket.

And Thad..........now I know why Dang's sister comes on sundays for the bacon & sausages.

Ahhh.... that's where Jack's sausages come from..... lovely bloke Jack, terrified of computers though.

Farang English bars/restaurants in buriram province.

Bamboo........buriram.....................Dave, English

Time out.......Baan bakdon.............Ludo Belgium

Dangs..........Ban Kruat....................Thai, Dang

Richards Pizza........Lahan Sai..........Richard English

Soraya....Nong Din Dang.................Dave.English ( I thunk that's his name)

Rays..........Packham.......................John.English

Country pub...nong ki...........'uddersfield

There are also two new ones opened in Buriram town, sorry, lost the card to one of them. Hope the roast lamb was nice.And I believe one has opened in Nang Rong. This is to cater for the estimated 1,500 Farangs that live in Buriram. There is of course an Isaan Farang Restaurant guide somewhere on the forum.

If anyone knows of any more, please pm me as I am reserving a spot on my web-site for this purpose.

bamboo in Buriram, has thai owners now, First Dave, is in mid wales, use to rent a property off me, 2nd Dave back down south England, his wifes sister and hubby are the new owners.

Hi MacB, Thadd, Lampard 10,

Currently in my Dubai office, therefore just spotted this thread for the 1st time. Add me to the list of support to a Buriram Forum, or for that matter a good idea from Lampard 10 re a Buriram/Surin forum.

I also know a couple of near neighbours of mine who are also members of Thaivisa and I know they would also be interested, I will draw their attention to this thread when I arrive home next week.

I live between Prakhon Chai and Prasat and in a 5 km radius there are quite a few of us, the local police refer to our area as Farang City. I'm sure a local "Buriram Branch" of Thaivisa would attract a few more of these guys.

Just my pennyworth!! :o