BANGKOK 23 April 2019 07:22
Sign in to follow this  
macb

Issan (burriram)

Hi Guys:

Well I started this Burriram Forum quest.

I just want to say thanks to you guys for coming on board and keeping the thread going.

There do seem to be a lot of Farang guys in the surrounding areas its all very interesting.

Well heres a pic of our house there have been additions in the garden since then.

macb.

Here's a pic of my house... small but I love it!

post-20763-1156485987_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys:

Well I started this Burriram Forum quest.

I just want to say thanks to you guys for coming on board and keeping the thread going.

There do seem to be a lot of Farang guys in the surrounding areas its all very interesting.

Well heres a pic of our house there have been additions in the garden since then.

macb.

I remember the gazebo....... :D the interior of the house is a little bleary! :o I do remember that you were going to send me an Excel spreadsheet on your building cost! :D

I remember the gazebo....... :D the interior of the house is a little bleary! :o I do remember that you were going to send me an Excel spreadsheet on your building cost! :D

[The inside ummm that must of been the LEO ha ha. Okay mate will get ont that and send an email sorry for delay or was it memory loss mmmm. When you down again donr forget to pay a visit]

mlb

[Hi 'soic' nice looking place mate well done on adding the pic Ban it keeps this thread on the go.]

macb

In the next village to me is TimeOut, a restaurant, Fishing Park and meeting place, run by a Belgian guy called Ludo and his wife Am. It is a regular meeting place for all us farangs in the area and Saturday is dedicated to Farang Day ony...worth a visit.

If you visit www.bankadon.com Ludo has supplied info, pic's and a map on his website, come and view some of the local guys. We are a mixture of Brit's, Aussie's, German, French, Belgian, Swedish, Dutch, so a pretty mixed bunch. Although English is the main language, we all get on together and Ludo amazingly speaks 5 or 6 languages.

Pay a visit to the site and meet some of us, I am Uncle Albert's brother (I do Santa), however you won't recognise me now as I have shaved it all off and bought a theatrical wig & beard, too bloody hot to hold on to a real beard like that.

Since I am still in my Dubai office until next week, well I have no pic's of the house. However I do have a pic of our latest installation, this being 3 weeks old, it;s nearly finished now. If anyone is interested in a such, well come visit and have a look, my builder is a propost-17773-1156495554_thumb.jpgfessional pool installer and is looking for more work.

On the subject of the Buriram forum, I would go with Lampard 10 suggestion of a Buriram - Surin link, as we are not too far apart and it may increase our local circle of friends and knowledge, without wandering too far off course........ :o

For those who'll be at the party, and are staying overnight, we'll have a little chin-wag about our ideas at breakfast on Sunday morning. As well as the Buriram Westerners, there will be a rake of Ubon Easterners. All Lower Isaanites.

[Hi 'soic' nice looking place mate well done on adding the pic Ban it keeps this thread on the go.]

macb

Thanks! I have a carport that would be over the pick up now. I'm anxious to get home to see it. It's a work in progress, we have more gardening and pond work to do... but it's home sweet home. I leave Iraq in the tomorrow and start that way.

[

Is Satuk near enough to be a member of the Buriram Forum? at least we have an airport, thats more than Buriram does! :o
[Hi TBWG thats what I wanted to know is Satuk Airport still up and running its about 30 clicks from my Ban]

Hi Macb

Yup, airport very much up and running although only 3 BKK flights per week.

Check out PBair website, great little airline with nice new equipment.

Hope forum comes about, keep up the weather updates.

TBWG :D

Thanks! I have a carport that would be over the pick up now. I'm anxious to get home to see it. It's a work in progress, we have more gardening and pond work to do... but it's home sweet home. I leave Iraq in the tomorrow and start that way.

[

Hi Soic

Care to elaborate on the pond work. Why I am so interested in the weather is because my pond water level is very low following the dry spell and my Pla Nin are on the verge of being par boiled!

I an interested in other peoples solutions for retaining the water, before I give up and fill the thing in.

Thanks TBWG :o

[

Hi Soic

Care to elaborate on the pond work. Why I am so interested in the weather is because my pond water level is very low following the dry spell and my Pla Nin are on the verge of being par boiled!

I an interested in other peoples solutions for retaining the water, before I give up and fill the thing in.

Thanks TBWG :o

I'm going to put in a small pond, I plan to regulate it with well water. It's going to be a koi pond. I also plan to have it mostly shaded.

I

'm going to put in a small pond, I plan to regulate it with well water. It's going to be a koi pond. I also plan to have it mostly shaded.

Hi Soic

If by well water you mean from a bore hole, the water that comes out of mine is so rich in Magnesium I think it would kill the fish and it turns the water a purple colour.

Food for thought?

TBWG :o

I

'm going to put in a small pond, I plan to regulate it with well water. It's going to be a koi pond. I also plan to have it mostly shaded.

Hi Soic

If by well water you mean from a bore hole, the water that comes out of mine is so rich in Magnesium I think it would kill the fish and it turns the water a purple colour.

Food for thought?

TBWG :D

I hadn't thought of that... we actually have city water. I guess we'll have to have it tested. Where there's a will there's a way is my motto. I'll find a way to have my koy if I have to fill it by the pickup truck load from the lake. :o