Issan (burriram)

macb

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well went to Farang Connection yesterday, great place.

Spoke to Lampard about splitting Forum at the moment to costly to achieve this, so put on the shelf for now.

My advice to all Burriramians (BUMS) is keep posting in the Issan Forum with all you Burriram stuff and see what happens.

This particular thread had died a death so no more weather reports etc.

macb

Edited by macb

Well went to Farang Connection yesterday, great place.

Spoke to Lampard about splitting Forum at the moment to costly to achieve this, so put on the shelf for now.

My advice to all Burriramians (BUMS) is keep posting in the Issan Forum with all you Burriram stuff and see what happens.

This particular thread had died a death so no more weather reports etc.

macb

Just to add...........I am all for splitting the forum. Or was till they told me my sponsorship would be twice as expensive. No , joking aside, the admuinistrive costs would be high. Maybe though we could have a lower Isaan sub-forum.

And Mac, what do you mean 'died a death' ?. I've just logged on to see if it's hot in Buriram :o

Edited by lampard10

Hi all

have seen references to Monday evening meets at Dangs in Ban Kruat, but unable to find out where exactly dangs is

Can someone please advise asap

thanks

nick

Coming from the Prakonchai direction.

Pass the Post office, pass the Police Station, (both on the left side of the road) pass the Amphur, pass the hospital (both on the right) when you see the Suzuki shop slow down and turn right just before you get to it.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday... stop behind the blue Mu-7 ..... other nights stop when you see the dog with unfeasibly large testicles :o

[

macb

Just to add...........I am all for splitting the forum. Or was till they told me my sponsorship would be twice as expensive. No , joking aside, the admuinistrive costs would be high. Maybe though we could have a lower Isaan sub-forum.

And Mac, what do you mean 'died a death' ?. I've just logged on to see if it's hot in Buriram :o

[How are you getting qoutes put in a box grrrrrrrrrr. Okay I will keep doing the weather thing if you want King Arthur your majesty].

I completely understand the costing side.

macb

TODAYS WEATHER IN THE BOONIES 12/09/06 TIME 1031 HRS:

Well the morning started off a we bit cool, there is a breeze from the east the sun is out and there is not a cloud in the sky. Bless LOS.

Farming News today we are putting our 2nd lot of Fertiliser on our 13 Rai and sister is cutting grass for them there cows.

I may supervise her bending over cutting the grass :o:D:D

Hi, I would like to join this forum.

I read it often but never replied because my English writing is not that good. (I am a Flemish Belgium :o ).

I live in Buriram for 4 years now. Everybody is welcome in our fishing park in Buriram ( Between Prakhonchai and Prasat, about 5 km from the 24)

You can find our website on the FC website under the name Time Out.

I will try to reply once and a while. Succes with this forum.

Ludo

Hi, I would like to join this forum.

I read it often but never replied because my English writing is not that good. (I am a Flemish Belgium :o ).

I live in Buriram for 4 years now. Everybody is welcome in our fishing park in Buriram ( Between Prakhonchai and Prasat, about 5 km from the 24)

You can find our website on the FC website under the name Time Out.

I will try to reply once and a while. Succes with this forum.

Ludo

Hi Ludo mate........great to have you along. :D Hope to see you sometime in the near future. Give cousin Ray my love when you see him.

Mac

Don't let it die at this early stage as i am a soontobe Buriramian and enjoy a visit to see the various postings as you have woken the Farang's in the Buriram area up :o

Had any luck with locating my wife's village? :D

[Yeah Bee knows where it is but finding land, we need to start the ball rolling when you here on a visit really but got me ears open mate]

macb

Hi all,

Back in the land of happiness. I have been busy since I arrived home early 09, but settled in now. I have caught back up with the Isaan & Buriram threads today, accept the current situation in regards to a specific BUMS thread, but also re-iterate the message to use the Isaan forum to keep the BUMS in touch with each other.

LUDO............great to see you respond...............you are one of the guys who, like my cuzz in FC, have tried to put in place a focal point of association for us Farangs. This has not always been supported to the extent that is deserved and all on this Buriram thread should wake up to this important fact.........your services require support, especially from the committed BUMS!! As for your english LUDO, well there are not many on this thread, forum, or throughout the Thailand Expat community who can speak several languages rather fluently.

Maybe I will come across quite seriously on this particular answer, we joke and p**s about with our words and answers quite a lot, but without tthe likes of LUDO and FARANG CONNECTION links in our Buriram lives, well our availability to contact local expats if we so wish would be much more difficult.......give these locations your full support..........this is not an advertisement for my cuzz or my good friend, .....I never get any special fish and chips or any discount on my Tetley's.......although if I speak highly enough this maybe will come about!!!!!!!

I have not forgotten the gang in Bahn Kruat also and I have promised my pal Thaddeus to arrange a cross villaage Farang visit..........let's all stay in touch........... :o

Maybe I will come across quite seriously on this particular answer, we joke and p**s about with our words and answers quite a lot, but without tthe likes of LUDO and FARANG CONNECTION links in our Buriram lives, well our availability to contact local expats if we so wish would be much more difficult.......give these locations your full support..........this is not an advertisement for my cuzz or my good friend, .....I never get any special fish and chips or any discount on my Tetley's.......although if I speak highly enough this maybe will come about!!!!!!!

I have not forgotten the gang in Bahn Kruat also and I have promised my pal Thaddeus to arrange a cross villaage Farang visit..........let's all stay in touch........... :D

Why no broaden the horizon nit noi. :D

Let's have a cross border gathering every 2 months, or when ever suitable??.

One in Buriram (can be at Time out) one in Surin (FC), one in Ubon (Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay or Wrongway Cafe) or any other place that I dont know yet :o

This way we can link more faces to the TV names, meet new friends, learn more about other Isaan areas, and get more variety (if needed) in our lives. :D

:D

I have not forgotten the gang in Bahn Kruat also and I have promised my pal Thaddeus to arrange a cross villaage Farang visit..........let's all stay in touch........... :D

Why no broaden the horizon nit noi. :D

Let's have a cross border gathering every 2 months, or when ever suitable??.

One in Buriram (can be at Time out) one in Surin (FC), one in Ubon (Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay or Wrongway Cafe) or any other place that I dont know yet :o

This way we can link more faces to the TV names, meet new friends, learn more about other Isaan areas, and get more variety (if needed) in our lives. :D

:D

Bergan that sounds a good idea but getting people to leave the nest is hard. :D

Good to have you back Ray, maybe the weather will cheer up a little bit now :D I know it's the 'stuff up there' and not Macb (he just tells it like it is) but my driveway is a swamp :D

Echo ...... let's stay in touch :o

this is not an advertisement for my cuzz or my good friend, .....I never get any special fish and chips or any discount on my Tetley's.......although if I speak highly enough this maybe will come about!!!!!!!

O.K........O.K. you win..............................come on down for a free Tetleys. What's a cup-o-tea between friends?

TODAYS WEATHER IN MY VILLAGE 13/09/06 TIME 0938.

Well at this time sunny nice northerly wind. At 5-45 am this morning it was like a September morning in the UK with a heavy dew on the ground and very pleasant temperarture.

Temp at the moment with the breeze about 31 c.

Have a nice day.

macb

Okay guys What I am going to do is start taking local pictures as I go out and about like round the village and round the house etc and will posting them on occasions on this site for your perusal feel free to do the same if you wish.

I already have over 2000 pics on my computer.

So here is a first some of my wifes nieces chilling at our house looking UBC of course.

bless them great kids really

post-32485-1158116271_thumb.jpg

macb

Welcum aboard:

Going to have to organise a meet each other get together.

Where abouts in Burriram

macb

I asked the wife for the names over the phone last night, not sure if I get these right, but....we purchased 7 rai @20 minutes outside Buriram City in Ke Muay or something like that. My wife also has a 1 rai lot in Ban la. :D

I fly to BKK 2 SEP and the wife and I will be in Buriram @ 5-7 SEP.

Given the limit of English phonetics when trying to type Thai...... I really hope that isn't pronounced as it could be. :o

Depending on which road signs I checked our 7 rai plot is in Ku Mung or Koh Meung. The 1 rai is in Bang Wa. sound familiar to anyone??

MORNING FOLKS TODAYS WEATHER 14/09/06 TIME 0932 HRS[/color]

Guess what yep your right the sun is out its overcast breezefrom the north. Wonderful Temp about 31c

Have nice day.

macb

Edited by macb

Hi all

A big hoo ha going on at the moment over visa exemption, but surely this is not a problem for anyone with long term interests in Thailand.

Why not just get the appropriate visa ie Non immigrant O or Long/stay retirement.

Have I missed the point if so what am I missing? :o

What visa's you BUMS (Buriramian) members currently on and is this tightening of the rules going to affect you?

TBWG :D

PS For the met office it might interest you to know that we are getting all your monsoon rain in the SE of england at the moment, and yes I agree, you can't dance!!! whistling:

Hi all

A big hoo ha going on at the moment over visa exemption, but surely this is not a problem for anyone with long term interests in Thailand.

Why not just get the appropriate visa ie Non immigrant O or Long/stay retirement.

Have I missed the point if so what am I missing? :o

What visa's you BUMS (Buriramian) members currently on and is this tightening of the rules going to affect you?

TBWG :D

PS For the met office it might interest you to know that we are getting all your monsoon rain in the SE of england at the moment, and yes I agree, you can't dance!!! whistling:

[Well I think everyone is losing the plot about this visa bussiness, as I said in a reply to one of the visa topics. you get a smallstory and its made into a soap opera. I do think everyone os pannicking over nothing, yes those tourists that are here and keep Border hopping have now got to tow the line. I personally am on a Retirement Visa so I am not worried and before that I was always on a Non-Immigrant 'O' visa. You got our Monsoon lol As for dancing well the girls like my pole dancing hahaa]

macb

macb

Edited by macb

Macb!!! I am lost, WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE!!!???

I'll do it....... 5 day forecast Ok?

[cnxpat you only live 15 mins from me hahaha but then that time scale could mean you got snow and we have sun.

Thadd are you on salary from the met office lol]

macb

Okay Okay so I had to go to town early. HERE IS AN UP-TO THE MINUTE LOCAL FORECAST FOR THE AREAS OF HUAIRAT ,BENGPRUEWENG BAN LUM PUK.

Overcast sunny breeze from the from the south west today temp 32c.

Now how much more local and up to the minute can you get.

Have a nice day

macb