I don't suppose I will be the last !

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of interest do woman have to pay medical cost when expecting ?

Peanuts, depends whether you are dumb enough to book her into some fancy private hospital, or go with the 30 baht scheme as do thousands of other Thai women every day.

To cut through the Buffalo crap, answer, NO.

Please be polite now...not to feel sorry later. Even if all fertility test, etc, said that you cannot have babies.....may happens. Keep the relationsihip friendly until getting the DNA test....You may have a surprise..and I hope will be a good one for you...

Peanuts, depends whether you are dumb enough to book her into some fancy private hospital, or go with the 30 baht scheme as do thousands of other Thai women every day.

She went to a clinic in Siricha, her adopted town, cost 1800 baht, I didn't pay, to see to see a Gynacologist, a scan plus some drugs. How does she qualify for the 30 baht fee ? She has not worked in the last year. She did go to the government hospital in Siricha but they told her to come back in a week. She has said she will only qualify for the 30 baht fee in her home town in Isaan.

I don't understand the need to calculate the time of conception to see if you were with her at the time of conception.

With a vasectomy, is there even a remote chance you are the father?

but I agree, scary if she is having sex without condom with other guys.

Not sure how accurately they know the age of the fetus.

Edited by brianp0803

There is a 0,01% chance there could be 'leakage' over the years which wouldn't show up in a one off Fertility Test. Hey I am not naive but it could happen, We will have a DNA test when the baby arrives. Yes I have read all the stories, heard about Thai girls but she is adamant she was not sleeping about. I am meeting up with her tomorrow and will speak with her again. I have been with partners, not Thai who couldn't have kids for one reason or another so yes some thing might have seeped through.

Edited by jamie2009

She went to a clinic in Siricha, her adopted town, cost 1800 baht, I didn't pay, to see to see a Gynacologist, a scan plus some drugs. How does she qualify for the 30 baht fee ? She has not worked in the last year. She did go to the government hospital in Siricha but they told her to come back in a week. She has said she will only qualify for the 30 baht fee in her home town in Isaan.

It's totally free for expectant mothers in government hospital.

The only items you can pay for are optional vitamin tablets (no drugs).

I have never heard of anyone being asked to come back, they see everyone that turns up.

They are expected to register in a house book locally, which is never a problem.

(Landlord or friend will do it for them)

Clinic is private and costs.

The whole story has a whiff of scam around it.

Have you actually seen the pregnancy test done while you are in the room?

80 bht for the test, wee on it and wait 15 minutes.

There is a 0,01% chance there could be 'leakage' over the years which wouldn't show up in a one off Fertility Test. Hey I am not naive but it could happen, We will have a DNA test when the baby arrives. Yes I have read all the stories, heard about Thai girls but she is adamant she was not sleeping about. I am meeting up with her tomorrow and will speak with her again. I have been with partners, not Thai who couldn't have kids for one reason or another so yes some thing might have seeped through.

Buy a pregnancy test, take it along with you, no warning.

Get her to wee on it, then wait for the result.

She could be lying about pregnancy.

i love the way thai's will continue with the lie even after it has been proved beyond any doubt they are lying.

not sure what 'coming from a decent family' has to do with anything...

The way this aspect of lying and face culture was explained to me is once a Thai chooses a lie, they will stick with it until they're absolutely cornered and beat over the head with overwhelming evidence that they lied, at which point they will feel very ashamed and angry over the loss of face related to that lie.

I am an optimist.

If there is even a slight chance that you could be the father, and knowing the chances of you getting anybody pregnant are extremely slim and she still insist you are the father then maybe keep an open mind.

Unless she is asking for money.

I think you said earlier she has not worked for a year and you are supporting here. Right?

Then she would have more to gain by lying until the DA check.

How often do you see her? Do you live in Thailand?

I am an optimist.

If there is even a slight chance that you could be the father, and knowing the chances of you getting anybody pregnant are extremely slim and she still insist you are the father then maybe keep an open mind.

Unless she is asking for money.

I think you said earlier she has not worked for a year and you are supporting

here. Right?

Then she would have more to gain by lying until the DA check.

How often do you see her? Do you live in Thailand?

Yes I have been supporting her but less than £80 a month, she lives in Siricha, cost of living cheap. I have been back and forward to Thailand since last December, I met her at Christmas last year. The conception date is borderline, vascectomy could have failed as my previous partners couldn't have kids. She is with me tonight, still adamant she was not sleeping around, saga never ending, apologies.