Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Not saying that they said this or anything else

The point being that the evidence is convincing provided it is authentic and not fabricated although in saying that - I strongly believe there is an awful lot more to this case that has been excluded or covered up, independent verification of DNA would have dispelled any doubt, the circus at the beginning probably damaged any confidence people may have had in the outcome - conflicting press releases and just what seemed absolute stupidity and also the refusal of the local police to involve the national forensics team from BKK

That said it would be good if the courts here were open to the public and media but everything is done behind closed doors which again just leads to doubt

Thailand needs a huge dose of open and transparent

Not to mention the RTP had the headman's brother and son in their sites from the get go and then a complete volt face to the two Burmese kids some weeks later. Why was that then? Anyone who's been here some time knows for a fact the Burmese are the FIRST to be looked at/fitted up, not some Thai with money and power. Jesus Christ! huh.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope the families haven't been reading the absolute crap that went on for thousands of posts from the conspiracy theorists on here and if not grizzly photos then the description of the crime scene in graphic detail.

I said it before and I will say again shame on all of you that know as much about this case as me and that's f&$K all.

Bloody disgraceful!

Could not agree more. My comments have zero to do with this article. I have said all along.....all will be revealed in a trial. If evidence is flawed then I'm sure it can be attacked. TV has been full of rubbish on this case from start to now.

Again denying stuff so you dont have the experience else you would have backed it up.

They would not have sent rank amateurs to a high profile case. They have training experience and access to the evidence. You have none of that you have your brain (probably good) but not the training nor access to all the evidence.

That the police fouls up that is obvious I foul up at times too. Everyone does its called being human. However this was a team of police officers on a high profile case. If they thought it was a sham they would have told the family.

There are more then 2 type of people.. i know some wearing tin foil hats too. I question things a lot but only if I have access to the details I have seen it often how people make assumptions without all the evidence it goes wrong.

That the Thai police mishandled the case is clear no need to discuss it, but obvious the Brits that have seen the evidence that in the end they caught the suspects. But the Thais really are bad at keeping things silent, its quite normal to have multiple suspects and investigate leads but they acted like leads were the culprits all the time. It was wrong it was stupid. That does not mean that they did not catch the right guys in the end.

The experienced Brit police officers that reviewed the case at least thought so. If the report comes out and it states otherwise I will eat humble pie.

The mark of a man is not being afraid to admit he is wrong.

I guarantee you I have more experience than you and probably a few on here. Now of course I'm not going to actually divulge any tangible info on that as having anonymity is important.

You must realise that by the time our chaps got out there the Burmese lads had already been 'given up' and it was even made clear that the they could not interfere.

You also need to realise that diplomatic ties between nations transcend most things unless they involve high profile people so even if they had found something which made them frown they were not about to potentially ruin ties with a country over the deaths of 2 nobody tourists. It simply does not happen. This is not Colombo or the land of Zod where truth and justice reign supreme.

Diplomatic ties and politics underpin most things and it would take a seriously major incident for anyone here to speak out against it.

I don't care that you have more experience as me. I absolutely have no experience in police work. But as I have stated many times (one would say with your experience you could read) its about the Brit police. Do you have more experience as them and did you see all the evidence just like they did ?

No justice does not rule supreme but the Brits have nothing to win by agreeing to the Thai version. For your tinfoil hat conspiracies (yes I call them that if it involves the top Brit cops lying in reports and public).

It would be different if the UK stood to win or loose a lot, but that is not the case where is the motive.

Some of you guys must not have literally anything else to do but cry cover-up, conspiracy, corruption and whatever other descriptors there have been on this matter. Finally, at least the family has the guts to say what you other idiots just don't understand. That the information put out in this matter was dis-jointed and hearsay and made-up or just WRONG!

The family said,

On Friday the family of Miller criticised "increasing sensationalism of this story" and said that "speculation" should be suspended until all evidence is made public.

"The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full," Miller's family said.

Why don't you armchair sleuths just wait for the real information concerning these two murderers come out. If there is not a strong case then the court will absolve them. Otherwise, they should be hung or shot or left to rot in prison...."up to them"!!

Silly comments to make before a trial but if the family and British police are happy with the investigation then it is probably time for the conspiracy theorists to let this one go.

Let's not forget that there are plenty of scummy Burmese as well as scummy Thais on these islands.

As well as plenty of scummy farang tourists...

Time for a lot of us to swallow that humble pie. People were crying out for the families to speak out and Now they have. Evidence they've seen from UK investigators looks strong against the Burmese lads. I thought they were scapegoats too but that quote from the statement is pretty compelling.

Stupid post. The OP states nothing of any consequence other than the usual obfuscation worthy of the attention of those with just about enough intelligence to disseminate the usual skewed 'journalism' written by a tabloid. As for 'humble pie' - speak for yourself. Those Burmese midgets absolutely did not rape and murder two people twice their size with a bloody hoe.

That's why this country is in the mess it is now and will stay that way whilst the sheep are eating that which they are fed. Same as it ever was.

How hypocritical of you ! If the op stated something that you agree with you would be all over it like a cheap suit.

If you know so much why are you not part of the two Burmese guys' defense team ? I have not said one word about them being guilty or not guilty, but then I am not privy to the information you obviously are.

Totally agree with you, seen many a problem from Burmese workers, had my room robbed by some.. Conspiracy theorist, or just people hating on Thailand...

Silly comments to make before a trial but if the family and British police are happy with the investigation then it is probably time for the conspiracy theorists to let this one go.

Let's not forget that there are plenty of scummy Burmese as well as scummy Thais on these islands.

As well as plenty of scummy farang tourists...

To me it just proves, that not even the parents understand the extent of the rot within the RTP!!

To people not very familiar with Thailand it must be almost impossible to comprehend, to which length a socalled police force will go in a cover up!!

This "statement" came at a very convenient time for the police and the prosecutors!!

A pure coincidence of course??

I think everyone following this case will not find it surprising if "the suspects have a difficult case to answer and the evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing", however, the question remains...how was that powerful and convincing evidence obtained?

Again denying stuff so you dont have the experience else you would have backed it up.

They would not have sent rank amateurs to a high profile case. They have training experience and access to the evidence. You have none of that you have your brain (probably good) but not the training nor access to all the evidence.

That the police fouls up that is obvious I foul up at times too. Everyone does its called being human. However this was a team of police officers on a high profile case. If they thought it was a sham they would have told the family.

There are more then 2 type of people.. i know some wearing tin foil hats too. I question things a lot but only if I have access to the details I have seen it often how people make assumptions without all the evidence it goes wrong.

That the Thai police mishandled the case is clear no need to discuss it, but obvious the Brits that have seen the evidence that in the end they caught the suspects. But the Thais really are bad at keeping things silent, its quite normal to have multiple suspects and investigate leads but they acted like leads were the culprits all the time. It was wrong it was stupid. That does not mean that they did not catch the right guys in the end.

The experienced Brit police officers that reviewed the case at least thought so. If the report comes out and it states otherwise I will eat humble pie.

I guarantee you I have more experience than you and probably a few on here. Now of course I'm not going to actually divulge any tangible info on that as having anonymity is important.

You must realise that by the time our chaps got out there the Burmese lads had already been 'given up' and it was even made clear that the they could not interfere.

You also need to realise that diplomatic ties between nations transcend most things unless they involve high profile people so even if they had found something which made them frown they were not about to potentially ruin ties with a country over the deaths of 2 nobody tourists. It simply does not happen. This is not Colombo or the land of Zod where truth and justice reign supreme.

Diplomatic ties and politics underpin most things and it would take a seriously major incident for anyone here to speak out against it.

I don't care that you have more experience as me. I absolutely have no experience in police work. But as I have stated many times (one would say with your experience you could read) its about the Brit police. Do you have more experience as them and did you see all the evidence just like they did ?

No justice does not rule supreme but the Brits have nothing to win by agreeing to the Thai version. For your tinfoil hat conspiracies (yes I call them that if it involves the top Brit cops lying in reports and public).

It would be different if the UK stood to win or loose a lot, but that is not the case where is the motive.

I can see English isn't your first language but try to read my posts again. You are either displaying an inability to comprehend what I'm saying or you are just being ignorant as your argument seems to be predicated on nothing other than the fact that the Met were involved in an observational role.

Goodnight

I just hope the families haven't been reading the absolute crap that went on for thousands of posts from the conspiracy theorists on here and if not grizzly photos then the description of the crime scene in graphic detail.

I said it before and I will say again shame on all of you that know as much about this case as me and that's f&$K all.

Bloody disgraceful!

Fair enough parrot however I do know two young people were brutally murdered and the Thai police made an absolute c**t of the investigation. It could be argued that the sheer incompetency of the police led to 99% of the speculation.

I have read this article, maybe I wrong but the family only thanks the RTP for "facilitating" the British Police visit to Thailand.

There thanks and confidence seems to be aimed at the British police only.

I willing to be proved wrong but I believe we are witnessing an enormous cover up by the RTP, but I am waiting for the trial to begin.

I can see English isn't your first language but try to read my posts again. You are either displaying an inability to comprehend what I'm saying or you are just being ignorant as your argument seems to be predicated on nothing other than the fact that the Met were involved in an observational role.

Goodnight

Aha... so you don't have more experience as the Brit police force that came to investigate and you did not have access to all the evidence like they did. Nice those armchair detectives.

Credit to (https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy)

STATEMENTS FROM FAMILY OF KOH TAO CASE VICTIMS
Both families call for a 'fair and transparent' trial for the accused and justice to be done in the case. It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case.

Here are the statements from both Familys .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

Your taking punts as to my experience on the subject based on me not announcing it to all and sundry? That's not how it works.

And why do you keep referring to them as our best? I've given you plenty of example of how 'the best' police over here are no better than anywhere else.

Our best are probably GCHQ or MI6 and they have far more important things to worry about than another foreigner dying in shady circumstances in Thailand.

If there is humble pie to be eaten I will gladly do so. However in order for that to happen there needs to be complete transparency from the start which as the poster above alluded too was simply not there hence the suspicion.

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who eat up the fodder for the masses spouted by the media and those in power and those who take a step back and question things based on instinct. Yes we don't have all the facts to hand but it's blatantly clear this case has been mishandled and would not hold up in court in any country with a shred of credibility. If you don't recognise that then I can't really say any more.

A true skeptic questions both sides of the story. In this case most of the fodder for the masses spouted by the (predominantly British) media was actually all the claims and statements that the Burmese lads were innocent. "How could such innocent looking lads have done it?" " My son is innocent" "The guys were tortured to confess" etc.

The instinct you speak about is actually called "intuition" in human behavioural studies.

Politics,

We've all been taught to believe what high ranking government people tell us to be truth, especially in a soft and delicate time as this for the families.

At this time its about the accused, does any honest minded human being want innocent boys to be hung?

Yes, if the trial was transparent, and if there are no railroading of the defense teams evidence, than I'd agree, let the facts tell the story.

But !!!!!!!!!!

Convincing to who, a two year old?

Isn't it charming how some people that have been "fighting" for the families and the victims turn on a dime and take a dump on them as soon as they are shown to be misguided, to put it very delicately?

Interesting statement, very carefully worded in fact but I dont see it reads in the way the OP is trying to portray and selecting specific lines out of context

Seems i was at least partly right that the people on the forums did not have all the details and that the case might be solid. The fact that the family is not making a scene certainly points to that. Also the fact that they dont want it public as it might damage the case before the trial convinces me more.

The people here on the forum are in general not police officers and did not have all the evidence the police had. This is something I have been saying all the time. Now in my mind it sure too that the UK police wont come out with the details until the trial has been completed as not to taint the case. This again suggest they are convinced of the guilt else they would make a lot more noise before the trail.

Unless the UK report (i value that the most) contradicts it all it seems they did get the right people. Fact that the UK file probably won't be made public before the case as not to damage it also points into that direction.

No doubt there is compelling evidence. BUT is the evidence manufactured? Can the families be sure it is not?

This comes as quite a surprise.

I hope all the evidence will be made public during or after the trial.

As I still don't trust the Thai police I wonder if what they have fed the Brit police is the truth

laugh.png

Bloody disgraceful!

Speak to residents in Koh Tao, then you will know THE TRUTH!

Credit to (https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy)

STATEMENTS FROM FAMILY OF KOH TAO CASE VICTIMS

Both families call for a 'fair and transparent' trial for the accused and justice to be done in the case. It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case.

Here are the statements from both Familys .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

"It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case." Quote

To all the posters here having a go at the "conspiracy theorists" on this thread, try to read the above slowly!!

If the parents really had faith in the RTP, I doubt very much, they would be supportive of the defense team!!

They are simply being polite!!

By supporting the defense, they are really saying, that they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!!

Archived