A Photography Challenge ... the Naked Photo

David48

A Photography Challenge ... the Naked Photo ... no post editing

• Can be any subject you find in Thailand.
  • Conform, of course with Thai Visa Rules.
  • As for naked ... no post editing, no colour balancing, no in fills, no anything.
  • In other words ... NO SOFTWARE ... w00t.gif
  • Plus, no fancy settings on the Camera that make the colour balance in Sunsets/Sunrises seem 'warmer'.

Cropping of the image is allowed, but if it's cropped, say so.

Like in the old days when we used Film, we composed in the viewfinder the image, etc, etc

Added by the request of the OP:

The topic is about images straight from the camera unmodified, unaltered via post processing or in camera effects. Nude is not what is inferred nor appropriate here due to the complexity of interpreting that line of the forum rules and the privacy of the individuals.

Sorry David48, but maybe I am missing something here. Where is the challenge in taking a 'naked' photo?

In the 'old days', there was the skill of the photographer.

He, or she saw the image, framed the imaged ... captured the moment.

You then developed the film, then the paper ... there was a lot of skill with the original image.

Now a days, there is so much post editing, airbrushing, 'auto-correcting' ... all with the software to 'improve' the original image.

A lot of the images 'look' brighter then bright, storm clouds look more menacing, rice paddys look greener, contrasts sharpened.

Sort of how CGI have changed movies.

I wanted a thread when those enhancements were not used, the photo 'dis-robed' of all these clothes that are used to dress them up.

So, I used the term ... the 'Naked Photo'

For me ... there is a HUGE challenge in taking a good, nay great original image.

Bit of a tough ask David if I may say , damn near impossible to get a " Naked " image as you put it , even the small PAS cameras default for user errors with aliasing and stability controls . Jpeg in-camera processing as well. Then we all have auto white balance exposure adjustment etc .and every brand has different values for which mode you shoot in ... bla bla bla , ah may as well put up another " Bare Bones Image ".smile.png

F 2.8 in camera B&W option Fuji A600 , iso 200 on camera flash , auto white balance Jpeg image

EVERYTHING%2BON%2BTHE%2BOLD%2BCOMPUTER%2

• Like 2

Sorry David48, but maybe I am missing something here. Where is the challenge in taking a 'naked' photo?

In the 'old days', there was the skill of the photographer.

He, or she saw the image, framed the imaged ... captured the moment.

You then developed the film, then the paper ... there was a lot of skill with the original image.

Now a days, there is so much post editing, airbrushing, 'auto-correcting' ... all with the software to 'improve' the original image.

A lot of the images 'look' brighter then bright, storm clouds look more menacing, rice paddys look greener, contrasts sharpened.

Sort of how CGI have changed movies.

I wanted a thread when those enhancements were not used, the photo 'dis-robed' of all these clothes that are used to dress them up.

So, I used the term ... the 'Naked Photo'

For me ... there is a HUGE challenge in taking a good, nay great original image.

Historically, I couldn't agree more with you. The move to digital photography has encouraged many people to dabble and to then grow their skills rapidly, which would not have been possible to the same extent when using film.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos, David, I'm sure you must be hoarding them, as we see so few from you. Don't be shy, now! wink.png

I went off to to do some editing on the photo, and couldn't see a heck of a lot of difference....ah well, that's what colour blindness does dor you. tongue.png

As an afterthought, the nearest we'd get to a naked pic on digital cameras would be if we were all to reset our equipment to factory default settings..... Hmmm...maybe not!

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 1

As much as my hearth bleeds, we still have to follow the modesty rules even here on the photo forum. So please follow OP's description and stick with the photos which are unedited/unenhanced with photo editing software. wai.gif

I hid one of the posts even though it was artistic, but it contained a naked person. I don't really enjoy when I have to moderate posts on our well behaving photo forum as I wish to everybody to know themselves what are the limits. Also taking in to consideration that this is a public forum as well as the country we are living in. This has been working well in the past and I don't see a reason why it would not work in the future.

What I'm afraid is that we are required to add specific rules to the guidelines, which in turn restricts more freedoms than gives it to all of us.

Adding the words of wisdom from Tywais:

The topic is about images straight from the camera unmodified, unaltered via post processing or in camera effects. Nude is not what is inferred nor appropriate here due to the complexity of interpreting that line of the forum rules and the privacy of the individuals.

^^ Thanks Rob.

As for camera settings ... my party camera has a few.

This was the 'Actual' Sunrise ...

post-104736-0-99659600-1418026774.jpg

Now, if I just move the camera settings to 'Sunrise/Sunset', it 'warms' the photo to get the WOW factor.

Not real, not natural ... but often used.

post-104736-0-52983100-1418026859.jpg

Prettier, but not real.

I just like honesty in Photography ... most times.

Not saying for a second that post editing doesn't have it's uses ... just it seems to be everywhere.

DAL did it for a photo of one of my Boys and the resulting image was excellent.

post-104736-0-99659600-1418026774_thumb.

post-104736-0-52983100-1418026859_thumb.

• Like 1

As much as my hearth bleeds, we still have to follow the modesty rules even here on the photo forum. So please follow OP's description and stick with the photos which are unedited/unenhanced with photo editing software. wai.gif

I hid one of the posts even though it was artistic, but it contained a naked person. I don't really enjoy when I have to moderate posts on our well behaving photo forum as I wish to everybody to know themselves what are the limits. Also taking in to consideration that this is a public forum as well as the country we are living in. This has been working well in the past and I don't see a reason why it would not work in the future.

What I'm afraid is that we are required to add specific rules to the guidelines, which in turn restricts more freedoms than gives it to all of us.

Adding the words of wisdom from Tywais:

Mate ... two things.

Please feel free to pop that bit into the OP ... "The topic is about images straight from the camera unmodified, unaltered via post processing or in camera effects. Nude is not what is inferred nor appropriate here due to the complexity of interpreting that line of the forum rules and the privacy of the individuals." Your words as a Mod would add strength to the warning.

Oh, secondly ... she was a hottie and a beautiful photo (the one removed) ... but not the intent of this Thread.

^^ David said..."Not saying for a second that post editing doesn't have it's uses ... just it seems to be everywhere." I tend to agree, and for the greater part the photos I usually post are unedited. On the rare, recent occasion when I did tweak a pic, I think I posted a comment to that effect. I'm becoming a fan of sharpening some photos, however, just to bring out the natural detail.....unnaturally.... facepalm.gif

To help poor old Oilinki out, it might be an idea to see if he can edit your thread title, and redress the word 'naked'....

Thanks. I added the note to the OP, but so far left the title unedited. I'll hope that's enough for now when the thread is getting up to the speed.

I have noted that nowadays I do minor changes to contrast etc with Picasa. I'll have to go out and take some new photos, which I can be sure are not altered in any other way than been cropped.

Just had a look at this topic and fished the card out of the camera.

So my contribution, this is the same photo I have just posted in birds with no cropping and no contrast enhancement which is what I did to it previously, all I have done is add my name.

post-12069-0-51382700-1418131034_thumb.j

Cannon SX 50 HS

• Like 1