Concerns growing for a little girl and her father in Koh Samui

webfact

Concerns growing for a little girl and her father in Koh Samui

girl.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- Today the Samui Times have received a letter from a concerned member of the Koh Samui community who told us “A few days ago my house keeper took in this guy and his daughter unfortunately, it sounded like he was being unkind to her. When our housekeeper expressed her concern and then the man suddenly left.

I’ve just posted it up on community on line. Since then the man has been seen in Bandon hospital as his daughter had a bad injury on her leg, it was infected.

He had no money and left without any treatment. I’m now really concerned for this little girl. Can you help spread the word. “ From comments made on the Samui Online Community Pinboard it seems the man is from the UK, his daughter has a Thai mother.

He is known to frequent the Bangrak area. It is thought he may have problems with substance abuse and one poster suggested that he was seen in the Lamai area. If you see this man or this little girl please contact [email protected] and please share this post among the community.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-12-08

The way I know Thai people, I cant imagine they wouldn't be willing in some clinic or hospital to help the girl for free, if the guy has no money. Not such a big deal (I hope) to clean and disinfect the wound, and bandage it, maybe antibiotics. Or maybe somebody could volunteer to foot the bill. Hope she gets help speedily, infections develop rapidly in this climate.

• Like 1

The way I know Thai people, I cant imagine they wouldn't be willing in some clinic or hospital to help the girl for free, if the guy has no money. Not such a big deal (I hope) to clean and disinfect the wound, and bandage it, maybe antibiotics. Or maybe somebody could volunteer to foot the bill. Hope she gets help speedily, infections develop rapidly in this climate.

The government hospital in Nathon would help. The private hospitals on Samui will kick you out on the street.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

No they won't.

It is law that all hospitals have to provide emergency treatment to Thais FOC if the patient is in 'one of the medical schemes'. I have seen quite a few Thais being treated under this edict - but follow up care is an entirely different matter.

The problem with the little girl might be if she has no Thai id.

Poster is correct - Nathon hospital will probably help no matter what.

• Like 1

This could be my projection, but I get the sense that this guy is peddling the little girl to take advantage of sympathy from strangers. If he's a down-and-out drug-addict, then she's his meal-ticket and he will not part with her without a fight. The situation is analogous to a parasite attached to a host rather than a father's love for his daughter. Separating the two will likely require the authorities or a baseball bat. Again, this could be my projection.

• Like 2

I will be back in KS at the end of the week, if this is a genuine post and the guy does indeed have difficulties in looking after her, then anyone who has some firm info on the circumstances and their whereabouts can contact me directly.

It can be difficult (and sometimes even dangerous) to get too close or involved with another persons issues, no matter how tragic or regrettable. It would seem this may be a case where it is worth taking the risk, so if anyone comes across any new details please keep us all posted (or myself directly)

And your qualifications are what?

• Like 1

Too bad there isn't a test that would prevent butt wipes from having children.

Even in the provided picture, once enlarged; it appears this man does have a substance-abuse problem, judging by the state of his eyes !

I hope this pair is located sooner rather than later and that someone in authority makes the correct call here ! ! ! !

Really hope this little girl gets the help she needs, Always a spare room in my home for someone that needs it ( been there myself), let's all hope she gets what she needs, As for him, well i have a feeling we will be seeing him on the Jeremy Kyle show soon enough

Edited by lucifer666
  • Like 1

I will be back in KS at the end of the week, if this is a genuine post and the guy does indeed have difficulties in looking after her, then anyone who has some firm info on the circumstances and their whereabouts can contact me directly.

It can be difficult (and sometimes even dangerous) to get too close or involved with another persons issues, no matter how tragic or regrettable. It would seem this may be a case where it is worth taking the risk, so if anyone comes across any new details please keep us all posted (or myself directly)

So this is my first post but since my girlfriend has known this girl and looked after her from a young age before i feel like i should finally make an account and post, i have been reading this forum for about 2 years and have been too lazy to get involved, too many people like bitching on here but regardless..

The girls name is "jasmine" and both her parents are drug addicts. The mother is or was in jail for drug use and the father is a loser from the UK who used to push drugs and was "looking after" his daughter by begging for money but often using the cash for drugs, sounds pretty typical right..

Apparently he came knocking at the house of some friends of my girlfriend looking for her and more money a few months back.

I pity the child, here are a couple of pics of her as a baby so you know i'm not full of shit, the guys sounds like a total loser, often taking money and spending it on drugs for himself and his thai wife while neglecting the child, so if you do decide to help i would help the kid directly if possible..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152526732698951&set=p.10152526732698951&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152526733013951&set=p.10152526733013951&type=1&theater

that is my 2 cents..