Concerns growing for a little girl and her father in Koh Samui

webfact

Would he consider moving back to the UK? There may be help for him & his daughter if he has family in UK. I would be happy to act as a go between for him here in UK.

Apparently he is in a lot of trouble around the UK..

Having this kid with a drug addict mother isn't the first bad decision this guy has made im guessing..

Any clue HOW to actually help the girl directly? Adopting her would be a solution to my mind. Can't think of anything else.

By paying for her medical bills directly, making sure she is healthy and isnt dragged around to all the bars and other type places this guy is often seen at with her..

As far as i see it though, there are many children all over thailand including samui where you can see the kids selling flowers at night that need help, there should be some sort of institution in place to support ALL of them, not just this one..

Usually there is a thai family support structure in place to send these kids to but maybe the mother is without support or has burned bridges there too. The UK family would be the next logical step if they were willing to take her & if the parents were willing to hand her over.

I know my own family would not allow my child to live this way but not everyone is so fortunate. I'm pretty sure there are charities but with one parent at least making show of taking care they very rarely get involved & in many cases the demand outweighs the support & many fall through the cracks.

Very sad all round

• Like 2

The way I know Thai people, I cant imagine they wouldn't be willing in some clinic or hospital to help the girl for free, if the guy has no money. Not such a big deal (I hope) to clean and disinfect the wound, and bandage it, maybe antibiotics. Or maybe somebody could volunteer to foot the bill. Hope she gets help speedily, infections develop rapidly in this climate.

The government hospital in Nathon would help. The private hospitals on Samui will kick you out on the street.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

No they won't.

It is law that all hospitals have to provide emergency treatment to Thais FOC if the patient is in 'one of the medical schemes'. I have seen quite a few Thais being treated under this edict - but follow up care is an entirely different matter.

The problem with the little girl might be if she has no Thai id.

Poster is correct - Nathon hospital will probably help no matter what.

My kids have always been treated free in Thailand even without Thai id or passport.

Would he consider moving back to the UK? There may be help for him & his daughter if he has family in UK. I would be happy to act as a go between for him here in UK.

It sounds very unlikely that he has a valid Visa and if that's the case and the authorities become involved, then he may not have any choice.

What would happen to the girl in that case I don't know.

A fairly innocent story continues to gather moss at some epic speed. Jeez.

Innocent story? Which planet do you come from? Haven't you reaf first hand account of the situation? I honestly do not think we need troll posts in situations like this.

• Like 2

I will be back in KS at the end of the week, if this is a genuine post and the guy does indeed have difficulties in looking after her, then anyone who has some firm info on the circumstances and their whereabouts can contact me directly.

It can be difficult (and sometimes even dangerous) to get too close or involved with another persons issues, no matter how tragic or regrettable. It would seem this may be a case where it is worth taking the risk, so if anyone comes across any new details please keep us all posted (or myself directly)

For what's it's worth....

Bignose, im willing to contribute 5,000 baht to the care of this darling little girl.

Please pm me if we can arrange something .

I wish i could do more, but im on a limited income.

Well done.

There is hope for us yet.clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

I will be back in KS at the end of the week, if this is a genuine post and the guy does indeed have difficulties in looking after her, then anyone who has some firm info on the circumstances and their whereabouts can contact me directly.

It can be difficult (and sometimes even dangerous) to get too close or involved with another persons issues, no matter how tragic or regrettable. It would seem this may be a case where it is worth taking the risk, so if anyone comes across any new details please keep us all posted (or myself directly)

So this is my first post but since my girlfriend has known this girl and looked after her from a young age before i feel like i should finally make an account and post, i have been reading this forum for about 2 years and have been too lazy to get involved, too many people like bitching on here but regardless..

The girls name is "jasmine" and both her parents are drug addicts. The mother is or was in jail for drug use and the father is a loser from the UK who used to push drugs and was "looking after" his daughter by begging for money but often using the cash for drugs, sounds pretty typical right..

Apparently he came knocking at the house of some friends of my girlfriend looking for her and more money a few months back.

I pity the child, here are a couple of pics of her as a baby so you know i'm not full of shit, the guys sounds like a total loser, often taking money and spending it on drugs for himself and his thai wife while neglecting the child, so if you do decide to help i would help the kid directly if possible..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152526732698951&set=p.10152526732698951&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152526733013951&set=p.10152526733013951&type=1&theater

that is my 2 cents..

You keep track of her and send the info to bignose or even to me for that matter and you will see just what bitching old farts are capable of doing.

• Like 2

If this story pans out and the father is indeed a drug addict, would it be a possibility to offer the dad a sum of money in exchange for signing a document waifing all parental rights? Basically, allowing us to put the girl up for adoption and find her a good and stable home? I'd say the ideal way to get the girl away from the dad is in a non-violent and non-confrontational manner, and although I hate to support one's drug habbit, if that's what it takes to help this girl, the end might justify the means...

I'm more then happy to help out here, however I'm not living on Samui (living in Songkhla, few hours south of the island). If anybody involved with the dad and girl needs help, please feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

If this story pans out and the father is indeed a drug addict, would it be a possibility to offer the dad a sum of money in exchange for signing a document waifing all parental rights? Basically, allowing us to put the girl up for adoption and find her a good and stable home? I'd say the ideal way to get the girl away from the dad is in a non-violent and non-confrontational manner, and although I hate to support one's drug habbit, if that's what it takes to help this girl, the end might justify the means...

That's exactly what I'd suggest, though I could only offer money and/or a stable home and future in Germany.

• Like 1

And your qualifications are what?

A decent human being for a start.

how do you know that ? Some stranger on the internet ? Willing to provide help for a young cute girl ?....no offence, just do not think everyone is an innocent helpful party full of good intentions.

My Wife and I would be very happy to Foster this child (My Wife is Thai) and give her a lovely comfortable home for however long it takes for her Father to get himself sorted. One would suspect that he not only has either drug or alcohol issues, but might well have Visa issues as well (only congecture, but not unreasonable). The Boy needs to get himself back to UK and get himself medically sorted, then get some support/job so that he can take proper care of this little one. In the mean time, we are more than happy to offer her a safe and comfortable home. Once he is able, he might want to take the little one back to the UK, but if Mum has disappeared and they are not legally married, that could be yet another issue he needs to address (again conjecture). First and foremost, it sounds like he needs medical help and the support one can get in the UK. If I can help, please PM me. More than glad for anyone on the official side to come and visit us and check us out.

My hat off to you!

The father may be short of money and have no proper home, but that does not necessarily mean that he is not a good father.

I don't know the circumstances and I'm sure most of the people posting on here don't either.

Assuming that the father loves his daughter, usually the best place for any child is with a loving parent.

Lots of guessing here, including someone who seems convinced the father has no visa... how on earth can anyone come to such a conclusion.

It's touching to see people offer to foster the child, perhaps an offer of accommodation for the father and his daughter would be more impressive.

how do you know that ? Some stranger on the internet ? Willing to provide help for a young cute girl ?....no offence, just do not think everyone is an innocent helpful party full of good intentions.

I would pick my words very carefully & hope that you are not saying what I think you are hinting at. Again do not need trolls in these topics, if you have nothing sensible to say, then better say nothing & let the good folk on here try & help.

so you think not being careful of complete strangers offering to help a possibly vulnerable child, is sensible ? Amazing.

Whilst I am sure that most people posting here are well meaning - this is a minefield.

None of us really understand the laws covering this situation. eg - offering money to the father to 'relinquish' the young girl - trafficking maybe. We just do not know. (I don't.)

Even the rights of the father are probably not automatic here - if he is the father. Again, I do not know.

One thing that is probably correct - the mother is the legal guardian.

I would think that the best thing for the child is to contact the mother's family. If the mother is in jail - her family could probably gain rights to the child in the mother's absence. Then we could offer to support the child through the family. Not easy if the family are not on Samui though.

That's my suggestion anyway. Totally legal

I would pick my words very carefully & hope that you are not saying what I think you are hinting at. Again do not need trolls in these topics, if you have nothing sensible to say, then better say nothing & let the good folk on here try & help.

so you think not being careful of complete strangers offering to help a possibly vulnerable child, is sensible ? Amazing.

As I previously mentioned, troll posts not welcome. If you have nothing positive to contribute to a LOCAL forum,with people trying to help & do the right thing ,I suggest you don't.

You want to discuss this further, advise you to use PM function.