Prayut rejects proposal to ban alcohol sale during New Year holidays

webfact

Finally some sense!

Not finally.

The man has always been sensible.

It's other people that they never listen to what he says but just interpret in a way that suits them.

Gen Prayuth was quoted as telling officials: "Can they be safe in bikinis ... unless they are not beautiful?"

Yep. And it's very easy to be "sensible" when others are even more... something. I actually think this is kind of PR thing, released for purpose that's at the moment unknown for public.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So someone says we will ban booze for the holidays. Then the boss says no you wont and he looks like a hero.

All a bit too obvious.

Welcome to Thailand, you must have arrived not long ago.

I remember several times that booze got banned for some holidays and the boss didn't say "No". There are very strong, very vocal "ban alcohol in the name of Buddha" groups and other PMs used these bans to get some plus points with these groups, while the general population didn't care much as they could still buy at the small shops.

(I think 6 month jail is what Yingluck made as penalty for selling Alc on Buddhist days)

• Like 1

About the first good thing he's announced that will actually be implemented

He's not implementing anything is he? As it stands it's okay to buy alcohol on NYE and Songran. He's just stopping a numbskull proposal.

Well...The way i see it...

Prayuth has done exactly what he said he intended to do....Good on him !!!!

In my opinion....it looks like someone has come along to put Thailand back to what it should be....on track and corruption free.

I see a vast improvement, like many thais do,... as I am here full time....

• Like 1

Finally some sense!

Not finally.

It's other people that they never listen to what he says but just interpret in a way that suits them.

How can anyone call a leader of a military coup, sensible? Beats me.

Don't you remember the alterative!!!

• Like 1

Nothing is perfect..specially for spoiled farangs..

And never will be perfect because nobody and nothing is perfect...but.....

This non democratic elected PM had done more good in 8 months than many elected democratics politicians did in 8 years...

Sounds familiar?

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 2

Finally some sense!

Not finally.

Geez, Costa; you have to be careful: you've been right "twice-in-a-row" now - maybe you ought to quit while you're ahead ? ? ? (LOL)

clap2.gif

Nothing is perfect..specially for spoiled farangs..

And never will be perfect because nobody and nothing is perfect...but.....

This non democratic elected PM had done more good in 8 months than many elected democratics politicians did in 8 years...

Sounds familiar?

Boll_ocks

Edited by lensta
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The disrespecful disdain for all things thai repeatedly been posted on this forum and thread is a disgrace.
If things are so bad and thailand so irredeemable, stop being hypocrites and return to the god forsaken homelands you emanate from and which are clearly unimpeachable in all aspects of life and society.
you all make me vomit!

Whilst that may be true for many threads on TV forum, I really don´t see your problems here. This was clearly a stupid idea with stupid reasoning behind. I´ll take a wild guess that 90% of Thais find it similarly stupid, not even considering the damage to tourism.

Btw I can recommend some good Thai medicine against vomiting. smile.png

• Like 1

so basically he just sat around and allowed one of his acolytes to make a fool of himself? why?

Because they like to make fools of themselves! Because they spout off without thought! Because it was only a proposal in the first place and hadn't actually been enacted!

Or in actual fact. All of the above!

The disrespecful disdain for all things thai repeatedly been posted on this forum and thread is a disgrace.

If things are so bad and thailand so irredeemable, stop being hypocrites and return to the god forsaken homelands you emanate from and which are clearly unimpeachable in all aspects of life and society.

you all make me vomit!

Yeah I am with you on this al you lot book a cheap flight bye bye

Edited by bplaayai

I dont understand all these contradictions and strange proposals, that constantly fill the news. What is the point of making people (investors, tourists etc.) confused and confronted with only rumours/ideas?

It seems like the media and not meeting rooms are used for communication between the politicians at the current moment. You would think this is more a hippie camp, than a military government.

Edited by khunpa

I dont understand all these contradictions and strange proposals, that constantly fill the news. What is the point of making people (investors, tourists etc.) confused and confronted with only rumours/ideas?

It seems like the media and not meeting rooms are used for communication between the politicians at the current moment.

Not just current moment .. it's been happening for the 10 years that I've been here!

I think one of the problems / reasons it seems worse now is maybe journalists are just plain desperate for any titbits!

you all make me vomit!

Alternatively you could stop participating on a forum that you obviously find distasteful?

At least it is within your power to control, whereas your suggested action is not.

• Like 2