Prayut rejects proposal to ban alcohol sale during New Year holidays

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Guess one of the advantages of having absolute power. When some government

agency comes up with a hair brained idea, Prayut just puts an instant stop to it.

This really has nothing to do with absolute power.

It has to do with the executive authority of the Prime Minister as Head of Government over the PM's cabinet members. This is a typical executive relationship found in democratic countries throughout the world, including constitutional monarchies. Of course what isn't typical is that Prayuth as Chief of the NCPO became PM by virtue of NCPO's absolute power.

How about enforcing driving laws, why don't they increase penalties over the period for speeding and drink driving, I don't even care if it goes straight in to the BIB's pockets. Something needs to be done about the road toll!

Very good post.

In fact the Junta have reduced the speed limit on main roads in Thailand. They have also held taxi drivers accountable for unregistered and unsafe vehicles. At Central Plaza in Khon Kaen I only observe buses (Toyota Hiaces) with government stickers now stating they have passed government inspection.Have they actually passed inspection though? Not sure, but it is a step in the right direction to ensure safety of citizens.Better than doing nothing right? It is one step closer to allowing the safe transport of people including you me or our kids!

Why don't they increase penalties? Brilliant idea and that is why reform is needed.

Thank you for agreeing why reform is needed.

<EDIT> By the way…Any comment on football is not appropriate on the Thai political forum. Feel free to express those views on the football forum…I eagerly await your response...

Edited by djjamie