Koh Tao murder trial date brought forward by 2 months

Lite Beer

Koh Tao murder trial date brought forward by 2 months

The hearing of witnesses in the murder case of two British tourists on Surat Thani's Koh Tao has been moved from February 25 to December 26, 2014, after the Myanmar defendants pleaded not guilty to the six charges against them.

The British Embassy will notify the victims' families, while the Koh Samui public prosecutor will testify about the case evidence (witnesses and related documents and items) and forensic evidence at least seven days before the date.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Koh-Tao-murder-trial-date-brought-forward-by-2-mon-30249469.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-09

DM07 you know too much! Seriously, my sense of humour is all I have to keep me sain. I have posted for months on these murders and really I want closure, I want it erased from my mind. Those graphic photos haunt me. R.I.P Hannah. R.I.P David you are angels in heaven now. I'm still going back to Koh Tao the murder or murderers want stop me. I love the island too. Heal Koh Tao. Heal people of Koh Tao. Amen

Why the sudden rush?

Secure the conviction get them executed before the inquest in the UK and if it has been a stitch up " velly Solly we already kill for them, we tink they kill farang mai pen rai"

As there is always 30 days to appeal, this scenario doesn't fit.

Since the UK inquest report is due during the trial it indicates more confidence in the case and not less.

DM07 you know too much! Seriously, my sense of humour is all I have to keep me sain. I have posted for months on these murders and really I want closure, I want it erased from my mind. Those graphic photos haunt me. R.I.P Hannah. R.I.P David you are angels in heaven now. I'm still going back to Koh Tao the murder or murderers want stop me. I love the island too. Heal Koh Tao. Heal people of Koh Tao. Amen

Nobody forced you to look at the pictures !!

It's alarming that they brought this forward 2 months how on earth are the defence team supposed to prepare a case when they're still not Aware of the prosecutions evidence?

It doesn't need a conspiracy theorist to see what's going on here and fair trial based on evidence and counter evidence isn't on the cards here, why bother with a trail when the result is already known

Guilty and sentenced to death and the sentence carried out within 24-48 hours after the verdict!!

I'll eat humble pie by the truck full if it's not along those lines !!!! ?

• Like 2

If found guilty, the suspects can appeal to the Appeals Court and then the Supreme Court. This will take years.

The inquest verdict in the UK will certainly happen much sooner than the verdicts in these 2 courts.

And due to the holidays and week ends there will only be 4 days of trial before the 5th Jan..............I am not sure how long Murder trials take in Thailand but I doubt it will be over in 4 days............or will it ????

Not exactly fair to defence. They can't possibly review the prosecutors files in time to mount any robust defence. It is only 2 weeks away.

Actually it says the prosecutor will present witness and evidence 7 days before the start of trial. So that will be the first defense will know what they are fighting. Defense will have 7 days for 1 lawyer to get through 900 pages and prepare.

A number of posts and responses to them have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

• Like 1

If found guilty, the suspects can appeal to the Appeals Court and then the Supreme Court. This will take years.

The inquest verdict in the UK will certainly happen much sooner than the verdicts in these 2 courts.

Thats the thing if found guilty before the inquest .even if the inquest has clear evidence they are innocent,they would stay in prison for many months waiting for appeal.

Remember the mushroom pickers. Everybody knew they were innocent. But oh no could not let them out,must follow protocol and wait for the system to get thier finger out.

Nobody forced you to look at the pictures !!

It's alarming that they brought this forward 2 months how on earth are the defence team supposed to prepare a case when they're still not Aware of the prosecutions evidence?

It doesn't need a conspiracy theorist to see what's going on here and fair trial based on evidence and counter evidence isn't on the cards here, why bother with a trail when the result is already known

Guilty and sentenced to death and the sentence carried out within 24-48 hours after the verdict!!

I'll eat humble pie by the truck full if it's not along those lines !!!!

As the defense has 30 days after the verdict to file an appeal, you will be eating heaps of humble pie.

You may also wish to look at what discovery both sides are entitled to.