Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

Lite Beer

Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

BANGKOK: -- Yesterday the Lawyers for Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo the defendants in the Koh Tao murder case authorized the public release of the defendants personal letter to Myanmar Democracy icon Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

Below is the English translation

“To: Daw Aung San Suu Kyi,

We pay obedience to the Buddha, Dharma, Sangha, our parents and our teachers.
The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already. We think it is injustice that we are in the jail. We want justice and equality.

When you are reading this letter, we do not know really how you will think about us, but if possible we want you to help us, and we are also asking the help from you.
We are poor, so we came to Thailand to work and save money. My friend, Zaw Lin, he does not have father, he has to support his widow mother.

I (Wai Phyo) also have to support my grandmother and parents. In the beginning when we arrived in Thailand we suffered many difficulties, we do not want to be suffering like poor people and we tried to work hard and sent money back to our parents regularly, we were happy so much for that.

But now our hopes are broken. We are worried about our parents, who will support them, and we miss our parents every day, when we miss them we are crying. When we go to bed we pray for all people and creatures in the world to have safety, peace, good health and happiness. Please also pray for us to be released from this case.

A May Suu, please have pity on us.
Wai Phyo and Zaw Lin”

The defense team has been given just sixteen days to prepare their case, which has been brought forward from February 25th 2015 to December 26th, Boxing Day in the UK and the anniversary of the Asian Tsunami.

The prosecution has made no disclosure of their witness statements while the defense has been asked to produce a full witness list, according to lead defense lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat. Reports suggest that the prosecution have only provided a six page document for the defense team to go on giving the defense team no time to prepare challenges to prosecution witnesses.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2014-12-10

• Like 1

I don't blame the defendants for trying to wring sympathy out of people wherever they can. However, there really is nothing ASSK can do. This is just media hype.

Sadly their lawyer is leading them down the wrong path in trying to try the case in the public. He should be focused on explaining how his clients semen got into the victim. If this has ever been addressed or denied I have not heard it. All I hear is them asking for help from people who cannot help them ... that is what their lawyer is for.

How strong is the trail of evidence that proves that their semen got into the victim? This is the key to the whole case.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

meanwhile another party at the AC Bar last night and another farang beaten up there by three Thais and hospitalised off the island this morning- a first hand eye witness account!!

Please share more details on this

I dont know the cause but three guys in AC bar took out one farang last night because something was said. The man was taken off the island by boat this morning. I heard this from someone on the island who was at the bar last night. The same source said there was also trouble there on Saturday night

This is an absolutely understandable cry for help back home from two young boys in a foreign country facing life imprisonment, or worse.

We cannot obviously be judge or jury.

We can only allow intuition and empathy to guide our feelings, and the way the case has already been handled, probably most of us on this forum, plus countless millions around the world, already feel that their guilt is in doubt.

If they are found not guilty, the credibility of the authorities, and the 'convincing evidence' will be in tatters. Worse, the murderer(s) will still be at large.

If they are found guilty, and if the evidence is not absolutely irrefutable, the world and the media will react accordingly. In this case, their letter sent to Aung San Suu Kyi will add considerable emotion to this.

In either scenario, Thailand's already battered image will be at stake.

Whatever, let us all hope that for the sake of the accused, and the bereaved families involved in this tragedy, that transparency, honesty, and absolute justice will prevail.

YES!!!!!!!!!!! and those are the reasons why the contrived evidence will be railroaded through and the British will not challenge it - THEN after theyve been given the death sentance - it will be repealed and Thailand and the Police will come out looking like lenient models of virtue

I don't blame the defendants for trying to wring sympathy out of people wherever they can. However, there really is nothing ASSK can do. This is just media hype.

Correct.....we all need to see the evidence that the RTP have......we all hope the defense team works well......what else is there?