Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

meanwhile another party at the AC Bar last night and another farang beaten up there by three Thais and hospitalised off the island this morning- a first hand eye witness account!!

Please share more details on this

I dont know the cause but three guys in AC bar took out one farang last night because something was said. The man was taken off the island by boat this morning. I heard this from someone on the island who was at the bar last night. The same source said there was also trouble there on Saturday night

With repect, love1012, if you post that you heard this information from someone who was at the bar, then it does not constitute 'a first hand eye witness account'. It would be of more help if the person who witnessed this event themselves were to post the account. Could you make that happen?

• Like 2

I don't blame the defendants for trying to wring sympathy out of people wherever they can. However, there really is nothing ASSK can do. This is just media hype.

Correct.....we all need to see the evidence that the RTP have......we all hope the defense team works well......what else is there?

You will need to wait until an appeal is filed.

Nobody gets to see what the evidence is........ not even the defense. (even though they are entitled to see it all by law ...... ) until they tell it to the judge.

IMO, the possibility of the B2 being found not guily at this stage is almost zero. Everything is stacked against them....... to the point of being ludicrous.

Yes...we all think the same.........

• Like 1

I don't know 100% how the laws are practised under martial law, but seems the prosecution is the defence team's best player so far, withholding their report whistling.gif

Criminal Procedure Code Law

Section 8 From the moment the charge is preferred, the defendant shall be entitled to:

1. Access to an expeditious, regular and fair trial.
2. Appoint a counsel to represent him in the course of a preliminary hearing or trial in the first instance, as well as in the second instance and the last resort.
3. Take advice of a counsel or a person to become his counsel tête-à-tête.
4. Inspect any article adduced as evidence and make a copy or take a photograph thereof.
5. Inspect the court’s file of preliminary hearing or trial and make a copy thereof or request for a certified copy thereof with payment of costs, save where such costs are exempted by a judicial order.
6. Inspect or copy the plea he has given during the inquiry or the supplementary document thereof.
Should the defendant be represented by a counsel, the counsel shall be entitled to the same aforementioned rights as the defendant.From the moment the charge is entered by the public prosecutor in court, the victim shall be entitled to paragraph 1 (6) as on a par with the defendant.

Even if they did this it doesn't go far enough. In a Western court, under the rules of discovery the defense would have a right to demand all evidence to be used, and to hold pre-trial depositions to question any witnesses or holders of evidence under oath.

They would be allowed to ask any questions in person or in a written request for discovery about any evidence, and even to ask questions which might lead to the discovery of unknown evidence. If the prosecution didn't cough it up there would be a mistrial.

The Thais can just railroad someone and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 2

I don't blame the defendants for trying to wring sympathy out of people wherever they can. However, there really is nothing ASSK can do. This is just media hype.

Correct.....we all need to see the evidence that the RTP have......we all hope the defense team works well......what else is there?

More than that, the defense needs to see what, if anything, the Brits have. It will be particularly sad if the scapegoats are found guilty, and then later, findings come forth from Brit experts which counter what Thai prosecution presented at the trial. In that case, the Brit evidence won't change the guilty verdict, tho it may have bearing in an appeal or (as someone mentioned in an earlier post) the virtually inevitable pardon, after they've served some time.

Will the B2 get compensation for the unfair detention, if it's later proven their guilty sentence was obtained from contrived and/or planting evidence, or forced confessions? Does Thailand pay a rental fee for GPS satellites?

• Like 1

I don't know 100% how the laws are practised under martial law, but seems the prosecution is the defence team's best player so far, withholding their report whistling.gif

Criminal Procedure Code Law

Section 8 From the moment the charge is preferred, the defendant shall be entitled to:

1. Access to an expeditious, regular and fair trial.
2. Appoint a counsel to represent him in the course of a preliminary hearing or trial in the first instance, as well as in the second instance and the last resort.
3. Take advice of a counsel or a person to become his counsel tête-à-tête.
4. Inspect any article adduced as evidence and make a copy or take a photograph thereof.
5. Inspect the court’s file of preliminary hearing or trial and make a copy thereof or request for a certified copy thereof with payment of costs, save where such costs are exempted by a judicial order.
6. Inspect or copy the plea he has given during the inquiry or the supplementary document thereof.
Should the defendant be represented by a counsel, the counsel shall be entitled to the same aforementioned rights as the defendant.From the moment the charge is entered by the public prosecutor in court, the victim shall be entitled to paragraph 1 (6) as on a par with the defendant.

Even if they did this it doesn't go far enough. In a Western court, under the rules of discovery the defense would have a right to demand all evidence to be used, and to hold pre-trial depositions to question any witnesses or holders of evidence under oath.

They would be allowed to ask any questions in person or in a written request for discovery about any evidence, and even to ask question which might lead to the discovery of unknown evidence. If the prosecution didn't cough it up there would be a mistrial.

The Thais can just railroad someone and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Yes exactly - but you tend to oversee, that if the prosecution goes overboard like this -> withholding the 4,5,6) of my previous quote of rights for defendants, they can contest for annulment, just like they could've with the 84-day detainment-laws were they violated. Annulment goes under the title of 'criminal prosecution and penal actions' in the criminal procedure code laws.

Try to imagine yourselves as the parents of these two young brutally murdered people. What would, now, matter to you most? That the case be closed, no matter the outcome? Or that the RIGHT murderers were caught and made to atone for their crimes? I know which I'd choose.

• Like 2

Try to imagine yourselves as the parents of these two young brutally murdered people. What would, now, matter to you most? That the case be closed, no matter the outcome? Or that the RIGHT murderers were caught and made to atone for their crimes? I know which I'd choose.

I think you should read the statements from the families.

• Like 1

As I don't blame you for making such a silly comment. you have to state your point every time. But when someone wants to state theirs, you ask them to stop. Prove to me that this is a hype and stop spreading rumors.

Not a hype when two lives are involved. This is about saving humanity.

I have not asked people to stop posting. 2 lives have been lost and it is likely the defendants are guilty.

Sadly their lawyer is leading them down the wrong path in trying to try the case in the public. He should be focused on explaining how his clients semen got into the victim. If this has ever been addressed or denied I have not heard it. All I hear is them asking for help from people who cannot help them ... that is what their lawyer is for.

How strong is the trail of evidence that proves that their semen got into the victim? This is the key to the whole case.

remember the Jones murder case in Chiang Mai? the RTP tried to extract the semen from an innocent Karen tour guide, even trying to masturbate him themselves. they wanted to frame him and get his DNA into the victim. when that failed they beat him and dumped him on the side of the road.

Edited by Oscar2
  • Like 2

If RTP and prosecutors has that undisputable. strong evidence they say to have....does this games needed?

or to reverse the question

If the games are fully on about denying a fair trial, are those evidences really conclusive as they said to be?

the case didn't go away quietly as hoped, and now all the action to save face just digs that hole deeper. shame on the RTP, the prosecutors, and those involved; this case will tarnish Thailand, doesn't matter how many claims they publish about improving corruption and transparency.

• Like 1

As I don't blame you for making such a silly comment. you have to state your point every time. But when someone wants to state theirs, you ask them to stop. Prove to me that this is a hype and stop spreading rumors.

I have not asked people to stop posting. 2 lives have been lost and it is likely the defendants are guilty.
A guilty verdict is alot easier to achieve when the prosection is witholding evidence from the defence team don't you think?

I am sure that the letter of the law is being followed by the prosecution and will be followed by the court. Discovery is a 2 way street. The defense isn't providing anything to the prosecution either.

• Like 1

meanwhile another party at the AC Bar last night and another farang beaten up there by three Thais and hospitalised off the island this morning- a first hand eye witness account!!

Nice to see it's back to normal business for these fine citizens.

You are, of course, aware that you are responding to rumor mongering, right?

You have no more an idea than my postman whether the accused are guilty or not. You do not have direct access to any evidence nor do you have direct access to the accused. Just like the rest of us you are an uninformed bystander.

But, all the others in this thread seem to know the two accused didn't do it, and actually they know who did it as well.

What happen to the scotland yard investigators that came over to ' only observe ' what had taken place and what evidence was gathered ??

If there are extensive inaccuracies within the investigation & incomplete superficial evidence against the accused why has the scotland yard team not protested on this ?

What happen to the scotland yard investigators that came over to ' only observe ' what had taken place and what evidence was gathered ??

If there are extensive inaccuracies within the investigation & incomplete superficial evidence against the accused why has the scotland yard team not protested on this ?

See the statements from the families, they were briefed by the UK police.

I am not convinced that the boys are innocent or guilty but the more the prosecution makes it difficult to get a fair trial the more I lean to them being innocent.

The police and prosecution have no one to blame but themselves for the anger and mistrust revolving around this case. However, it could be people in higher positions calling the shots.

This entire situation is sad !

Thats right. If the case was so solid, why the need for dirty tactics. The prosecutors seem not interested in guilt or innocence , only in winning.

I found that in my case also,when i was falsely convicted.

And i guess the reference to thinking to the murderer going abroad already is referring to none than SEAN. My mind changes every 5 minutes as little question marks pop up.

1. B2 innocent 70%

2. B2 did it alone 10%

3. B2 were involved in part 50%

4. B2 know more than they are saying 40%

5. B2 guilty of all charge.

Just dont know???

Nomsod faked video 100%

Sean lied 100%

Why?