Mercedes Benz C-class W205 year 2014 2015 Problems Malfunction, are you happy with your car ?

Not many benzers here ;-)

you must be joking

you will see either a BMW, benz or Porsche cayenne every 500 meters in bangkok

here in the northern part of thailand there are ALOT of newer benz models

Just highlights the level of corruption if so many thais (with an average income of 250,000 baht a year) can buy a car worth 3-4 million. Even in the west few people would spend $120,000 on a car.

• Haha 1

you must be joking

Just highlights the level of corruption if so many thais (with an average income of 250,000 baht a year) can buy a car worth 3-4 million. Even in the west few people would spend $120,000 on a car.

In the West, I would never pay more than 60K USD for a car that here would cost more than $120K.

• Haha 1

you must be joking

Let me get this right - you're saying the only way a Thai person could afford a USD $100K+ car is if they were somehow corrupt?

LOL.

• Like 1

I think the reason why so many thais drive european cars is that most are used

As many know, used price for european cars are very "low". especially bmw

Finance 84 months no problem.

and before the first major maintenance comes (swapping parts due wearing off) they realise how expenssive it is and sell it or dont swap parts at all

But ye back to the topic

I test drove the saloon model from a friend of mine 3 weeks ago (he bought it for 2.8M) and it is magnificent. Makes my 2013 accord feel like a plastic car. A big impressive step up from the last model

Looks like a s-class which makes it even more appealing

If you have the money for it, there is nothing wrong with buying what you want and mercedes is quality - just pick the right dealer that has a good reputation and where you can do future service

good luck

• Haha 1

you must be joking

Some folk on this forum are so far out of touch with reality they they can't comprehend how a Thai can be successful without some form of negative input. The beleifs of these posters is fundamentally flawed, their Western arrogance is blinding when they fail to recognise that many Thai's are far smarter and far more successful than they are or ever will be.

I agree with you but all the successful Thai that I know have been mostly successful at being born in a rich family :-)

No problem with that, but among the Thai German cars drivers I know none of them bought it thanks to their hard work <3

By the way, to stay on topic, do you only own BM and what do you think about Benz ? No problem with your car as many reported problems with BMW on this forum ? Thanks.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706594-brand-new-bmw-320i-needs-new-gearbox-after-1-week/

Edited by ThaiSanookGuy
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 12/17/2014 at 9:13 PM, wowjudo said:

I think the reason why so many thais drive european cars is that most are used

As many know, used price for european cars are very "low". especially bmw

Finance 84 months no problem.

and before the first major maintenance comes (swapping parts due wearing off) they realise how expenssive it is and sell it or dont swap parts at all

But ye back to the topic

I test drove the saloon model from a friend of mine 3 weeks ago (he bought it for 2.8M) and it is magnificent. Makes my 2013 accord feel like a plastic car. A big impressive step up from the last model

Looks like a s-class which makes it even more appealing

If you have the money for it, there is nothing wrong with buying what you want and mercedes is quality - just pick the right dealer that has a good reputation and where you can do future service

good luck

I agree that even the top accord model gives the feeling of a slow boat when driving it. Some people dare to think that we buy German cars only for a badge, but these people certainly have never driven one or really know and understand nothing.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2014 at 2:58 PM, chris2004 said:

Since when most people living in the west are rich ? Of course many only buy $10000 cars because they are not able to make any good money.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/17/2014 at 2:58 PM, chris2004 said:

Plenty of business owners and professionals earn enough to own a benz and get a new one every few years or so. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Plenty of business owners and professionals earn enough to own a benz and get a new one every few years or so. 

And I think many buy them on the never never anyway. And of course something like the E-Class... the price has dropped about 1 million thb in the last few years .. because now it is built in Thailand.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

And I think many buy them on the never never anyway. And of course something like the E-Class... the price has dropped about 1 million thb in the last few years .. because now it is built in Thailand.

I once asked a Thai motoring journo about which benz to but - the early 90's E-class w124 he said. Easy to service and spare parts available. I think thenew ones are just if you have very deep pockets for when its out of warranty and the repair bills start to accumulate. 

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 9:55 PM, DavisH said:

I once asked a Thai motoring journo about which benz to but - the early 90's E-class w124 he said. Easy to service and spare parts available. I think thenew ones are just if you have very deep pockets for when its out of warranty and the repair bills start to accumulate. 

You are exactly correct, I once owned an 190E 2.0 ... one of the last quality Mercs. Now I own an E Class PHEV ... BUT so that I can sleep at night, after the 3-year warranty has run out, I have purchased Year4 to Year8 manufactures extended warranty.  And for anyone buying a Merc now I would advise to try and get extended warranty in the deal OR buy it after!!