Australia's Channel 9 goes undercover at the Full Moon Party to produce a damning report

webfact

What a bias report!! And as for no police! There's plenty of police at these party's, ready to line there pockets,there's drink and drugs at the majority of party's all over the world!! Am not condoning any of it but whoever made this report Wake Up!!! One sided B.S !! Also you'd be lucky to get a hundred people in the Mellow Mountain bar !! Nobody's forcing anything down people's necks either it's all choice ,at least do a decent report instead of your nonsense ;-)

Nanny state reporter working for tabloid Tv.... what a load of bullocks. The reporter should next get on a plane to Pampolona for running of the bulls. Wild parties are everywhere. The channel 9 report will serve as a promotional item for many feral young bogan australians. Now more will be on the plane to the LOS.

• Like 1

Are you kidding me. Australia has 5 of the world's 10 deadliest spiders, go swimming in the seas and you might get permanently paralysed by the Irkunji jelly fish, bar-room brawls are far more likely, and you can die of thirst if you broke down in the outback. No, I wouldn't recommend setting foot in Australia. Nope, never!

Exactly,this is the reason i left,too scared to set foot outside the door.Bloody kangaroos everywhere ready to rip my bloody arms off.

• Like 2

This story of the Fully moon Party and all that goes on is very true and there is much more and dangerous activities that happen there as well. I use to go to the parties many many years ago and they where fun 20 25 years ago. But.... It is not the same and yes i am older... I truly would be for banning the Full Moon Party.... There is a lot of people making Big money and Yes the local police and Stuffing there pockets full of it. This is why it is still going on each month with no police presents.

Koh Samui and Koh Phangan have helmet laws but are not enforced except maybe once a month when the police need to make payments for their kids school or for some jewelry for the Mia noi. Also the roads are the worse in all of Thailand. This contributes to the many road fatalities and accidents that accrue daly. I have lost many friend from motor bike accidents here on Samui...

Keep smiling and be Safe people....

I think it is a wrong approach to legislate for these things.

I think educate is the better policy. I am not suggesting that Thailand will ever educate or enforce legislation, but the western countries should be in a position to inform and educate their citizens about the dangers of the amorality and lawlessness that make Thailand so much fun and so dangerous at the same time.

I don't think the west should try to change Thailand, it will find its own place in the world as it grows up and develops a consciousness.as a free society.

• Like 1

As far as I can see, no one forced them on a plane, no one forced the alcohol and drugs into their throats and no one forced them to swim and have sex .... So if you want to stop this : start with education ...

• Like 1

Sheltered, regulated, entitled, privileged and trusting adolescents with not a single clue in their underdeveloped brains hear about the allure of Full Moon Party and basically if they never go their peer rating will drop to the bottom. If the parents fund or allow the trip then the parents share blame. It takes 30min searching and reading the internet on what this is about...

Thailand is not to blame when people are too lazy to research before going.

• Like 1

As far as I can see, no one forced them on a plane, no one forced the alcohol and drugs into their throats and no one forced them to swim and have sex .... So if you want to stop this : start with education ...

Really? If you have a degree or a few, you won't be young and party or head to Thailand? Get real! What degree did you finish so you don't like drinks, fun ladies or sex? I wanna know so I don't mistakenly enroll!

Goes undercover ??? Why bother, just be open with the filming and reporting cos no one gives a flying F !!!

Gen Prayut should have got them to shoot his happiness video as this is probably the best tourist advertisement ever in the history in Thailand. I know kids in UK who's life ambition is to come here to a full moon party !! To the 'yoof' of today the FMP is a damn sight more alluring than a visit to .....errr......errrr (tries to think of a great Thai historical location but gives up !)........

Youngsters will go crazy and have fun at all the worlds party hotspots, no different to the Americans on Spring Break in Florida or Mexico, English in Ibiza and Aussies in Bali.....difference here is its more open....

Youngsters partying in KP today are the quality tourists of the future lol ;-)

• Like 2

Confirmation....that money takes priority. While school kids are enduring a new curriculum, that emphasizes good, and the building of values, the example that they look to, are full moon parties. This not only condones the behavior, it contradicts all that is suppose to be valued in Thai culture. Opinion, the bastardization of Sanuk, took a wrong turn long ago. What going to be done about, bets are on...nothing.

• Like 1

Are you kidding me. Australia has 5 of the world's 10 deadliest spiders, go swimming in the seas and you might get permanently paralysed by the Irkunji jelly fish, bar-room brawls are far more likely, and you can die of thirst if you broke down in the outback. No, I wouldn't recommend setting foot in Australia. Nope, never!

You could have mentioned Australia's most venomous deadly spider, the yellow back lying spider (Tonius Abbotus). Wreaking havoc, fear and despair across the wide sundrenched land, people are at a loss to how to deal with it. Somehow its toxic bite has no effect on people like Gina Reinhardt and Rupert Murdoch, and nobody understands why.

Or go in Sydney undercover on gambling dens, brothels or even the persecution of indigenous people, instead of the holier than thou nanny state perspective on what goes on abroad.

• Like 1

Just what Thailand needs... some of Australias good ole PROTECTIONISM..

What a load of BS..

The more these short sighted fools do to protect ADULTS the more they hamper their own decision making ability.

lets enrol our kids in 12 yrs or more of corporate brainwashing, where they have to ask permission to take a p!55, then at the end, ask them what they want to do with their lives.. hahaha.. like they are even supposed to know that after the conditioning they just received.

Then, as soon as they make a decision (albeit one to blow off steam and clear their heads) the clowns masquerading as adults jump straight in and criticize their choices.

What an upside down back the front world we live in.

Everyone who has ever heard of the full moon parties has also heard all the terrible things that have occurred there but thats part and parcel of getting down and loose.. there is no learning without risk, but Australia and other risk averse countries just dont get it.

As an ex Occupational Health and Safety professional in the Australian resource sector I'm fully aware of risk and our varied perceptions of it and Channel 9 are not doing a god damn thing to help.

Their time would be better spent performing real journalism.. oh.. thats right.. they dont exist in Austraila.

Whilst they send their retarded A Current Affair (not really current and never relevant) crews abroad to film a party that is not their concern, Australian drought stricken farmers are being driven off the land by the banks and being ignored by the government..

NOW that is news worthy..

Shame on you Ben McCormack and Channel 9... please for the sake of all rational thinking and integris folks out there, stop calling yourselves journalists.

• Like 2

Ho- hum, it is a rite of passage for some, drinks, drugs and gathering at the beach has been going on for a couple thousand years, the human species still survives.... if only the music were better...

I refused as a kid to take part in any of these "rites of passage" as a result I didnt keep many friends............the main one always was "hes boring"

Refuse to be a sheep, not easy in many places.

" He says that on average one Australian dies in the country every four days"

He forgot to mention how many of those died of natural causes? The vast majority of those dead are likely pensioners dying of old age.

But to continue the silly comparisons, how many Australians die in Australia every day? I bet it is alot more than one every four days, which I suppose suggests Thailand is much safer than Australia?

• Like 2

This sort of thing goes on everywhere in the world. Eg. in Spain and its islands during the summer thousands of teenagers run crazy in cheep booze and Prague was last year in the spotlight for Danish high school kids staggering around completely drunk. How about the Spring Breaks in the US?

It is not news that people act stupid and leave their brain upon departure when checking in their luggage at the airport - but I guess it makes good tv entertainment.