Living in Chanthaburi. Would you recommend it?

ubonr1971

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

^ directions may help someone new to the area

And me too, is that on the Robinsons/Cathedral side of the river?

Thanks

That's between Robinson's and the KP Grand, I recall some English teachers hung out there.

• Like 2

On May 11, 2016 at 0:24 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Passed through chanthaburi again last weekend (been in soi dao then koh chang) on the way home to bkk and enjoyed revisiting the cathedral and strolling and eating in the old street just over the river, very charming. I've yet to meet any thai or farlang whose ever bothered to visit. We will be back for a proper visit soon. Lovely province.

Ps. Soi dao was a nice place to stay.

Been coming to en-Chanthaburi for many years now, it's a great province.

just took a place for the month in town, will hang around to get a feel for life here and do day trips N,S,E,W to explore, but stay within the province.

Great day today to kick off.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, retiredusn said:

Found a friend a one room duplex for $35 US per month , Just a room and bomb shoot toilet but he was on the road a lot and only wanted a place too call his own.

I tend to the value places as well, I need some comfortable space and that's it, not frills and lobby's etc.

here for a month in Chanthaburi town and paying $435, all inclusive, for a place, mind you right on the river (almost literally) with a walk to everything.

$35 for a month is really value, if it works for him that's perfect, must not be in the town or on a beach? 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/2/2017 at 10:05 PM, kuma said:

I tend to the value places as well, I need some comfortable space and that's it, not frills and lobby's etc.

here for a month in Chanthaburi town and paying $435, all inclusive, for a place, mind you right on the river (almost literally) with a walk to everything.

$35 for a month is really value, if it works for him that's perfect, must not be in the town or on a beach? 

Where do you stay at Chanthaburi ? Thank you.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 7:14 PM, maheba said:

Where I can find a Traveloffice in Chanthaburi for to book flight?
Where I can change Money (Money Changer not Bank)  Euro - THB in Chanthaburi?

Ive never seen a travel office at all in the city. But maybe you can change money at any of the banks at Robinsons. 

If you're after a good dentist you can consider Dr. Air Dental who is located close to Chanthaburi. She did 2 veneers for me and I was really happy with the results. A beautiful job indeed. Highly recommend her. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...