Help needed for a terminally ill lady who wishes to spend her few remaining days in Samui

webfact

Once the police got involved she entered the system. They couldn't legally abandon her for if nothing else, fear of prosecution. Hospital will not release her for at least the very same reason.

Better to use any money donated to quickly renovate to living conditions the bungalow she was in, obtain the OK for her to live there and provide some medical support if she requires it for legal reasons. No much to ask for is it?

Good point notmyself, but it looked like the place she was in was not only derelict (they showed it on TV), and dangerous, but that it was private land, possibly due to be developed? Apart from the move to another bungalow, It appears she will be getting exactly as she wants and needs... hope so anyway. At least this way she can make the best of what time she has left. Personally, I think the family that have taken on the bills etc are fantastic... restores your faith a bit (mine anyway).

• Like 1

Good point notmyself, but it looked like the place she was in was not only derelict (they showed it on TV), and dangerous, but that it was private land, possibly due to be developed?

Just heard it's disputed land title so the bungalow idea is out the window.

Samui's terminally ill cancer lady turns out to be fraud

Christine.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- The plight of the lady struggling to end her final days in Samui after discovering she had terminal cancer and wishing to die here, where she found happiness 11 years go on vacation took a dramatic turn today.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785180-samuis-terminally-ill-cancer-lady-turns-out-to-be-fraud/

Really admire this family (and others) who had extended the offer to open their home to this lady.

It seems this lady has been a bit economical with the truth.

While none of us like to be made to feel foolish, and the ladies plight proved not to be genuine, the offers of help were.

I think it would be a shame if the displays of goodwill evident in this thread were overshadowed by the anger that will now be directed at this woman.

What's worse: through an act of charity being the victim of a fraud, or out of fear of being a victim of fraud, not being charitable?

• Like 1

First - well done to everyone for rallying around to help 'a stranger in trouble'. There but for the grace of God could be me.Especially well done to the family that offered to open their home for her.

Personally I think that it would be wrong to vilify this woman who ended up in a much deeper hole than she could ever imagine or want

I prefer to look at the positive and thank God that I live amongst some great human beings.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

First - well done to everyone for rallying around to help 'a stranger in trouble'. There but for the grace of God could be me.Especially well done to the family that offered to open their home for her.

Personally I think that it would be wrong to vilify this woman who ended up in a much deeper hole than she could ever imagine or want

I prefer to look at the positive and thank God that I live amongst some great human beings.

Indeed well done to everyone that showed such kindness. Its nice to know there are such kind decent people living here.

Whilst it is the season of goodwill i think you are being extremely charitable towards someone who is simply a con woman, lacking in any morals and seemingly unworthy of any charity. her actions in deliberately scamming people might well mean some poor deserving soul will not get shown the same kindness which really would be a tragedy. I have zero time for her.