Digital nomad told he's not a criminal for blogging, released without charge

jspill

Digital Nomad....is that the same as Digital Pikey?

Digital Nomads are indeed a Digital Pikey or Digicoys.

The Title of the thread should really be changed.

For the benefit of the two of you that apparently enjoy that phrase so much? I don't think so.

the hatred of the retirement set for people who manage to make their living on their own terms never ceases to astonish me.

call me a pikey, digital nomad, whatever.

the fact remains that i have not set foot in an office or worked a 40 hour week in almost 10 years and i have no intention of doing so.

if it bothers you that i can work in bankgkok, chaing mai, koh phangan or vancouver as the urge takes me, well im sorry about that.

None of that really bothers me at all.

However, if one is running around doing stuff illegally and flapping his/her gums about it, kind of like rubbing it everyone's face then that does bother me & . I'm not suggesting that YOU are doing that, I'm talking about others.

else wise......live and let live. ;)

Good luck to you mr hoohaa.

• Like 1

Couple of things ... that was written 5 months ago ... facepalm.gif

I did like his opening line, second paragraph ...

Me personally, I am a loner. There is nobodies company I enjoy more then my own. I know that sounds sad and depressing but it’s the truth. I prefer to live alone, travel alone and work alone.

It's an easy assumption to make that many Digital Nomads are of that ilk.

jspill ... echoes for you ... rolleyes.gif

Could be me.. i love my own company always been that way always will be. But think this is true for many people moving here. You do leave a lot back home.. so ties with back home are not that important for those of us that live here.

I've actually met Rob ... he is a big bloke, as in Gym wise.

Quite affable.

Don't get into a drinking competition though ... as a few friends (Rob, no names now ... whistling.gif ) lived to muse their headaches over the following day ... burp.gif

Just quietly ... so did Rob !

Digital Nomad....is that the same as Digital Pikey?

Digital Nomads are indeed a Digital Pikey or Digicoys.

The Title of the thread should really be changed.

For the benefit of the two of you that apparently enjoy that phrase so much? I don't think so.
I didn't hear anyone rattle your chain. Since you're here, what's your point? Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1

Couple of things ... that was written 5 months ago ... facepalm.gif

I did like his opening line, second paragraph ...

Me personally, I am a loner. There is nobodies company I enjoy more then my own. I know that sounds sad and depressing but it’s the truth. I prefer to live alone, travel alone and work alone.

It's an easy assumption to make that many Digital Nomads are of that ilk.

jspill ... echoes for you ... rolleyes.gif

Could be me.. i love my own company always been that way always will be. But think this is true for many people moving here. You do leave a lot back home.. so ties with back home are not that important for those of us that live here.

I've actually met Rob ... he is a big bloke, as in Gym wise.

Quite affable.

Don't get into a drinking competition though ... as a few friends (Rob, no names now ... whistling.gif ) lived to muse their headaches over the following day ... burp.gif

Just quietly ... so did Rob !

Sure I can go out to have fun, though I am quite ok being alone. As for drinking, that does not happen often.

And yes I had a major hangover that day.

• Like 1

the hatred of the retirement set for people who manage to make their living on their own terms never ceases to astonish me.

the fact remains that i have not set foot in an office or worked a 40 hour week in almost 10 years and i have no intention of doing so.

if it bothers you that i can work in bankgkok, chaing mai, koh phangan or vancouver as the urge takes me, well im sorry about that.

None of that really bothers me at all.

However, if one is running around doing stuff illegally and flapping his/her gums about it, kind of like rubbing it everyone's face then that does bother me & . I'm not suggesting that YOU are doing that, I'm talking about others.

else wise......live and let live. wink.png

Good luck to you mr hoohaa.

The only illegal part is the visa, though heard it more then once mention that Thai immigration does not care about it (even had them tell me they don't consider it working in Thailand though we all know how things can change or how they can say things that don't hold up). Though I would not be so stupid as to rub their face into it.

That's OK ... when I, like you, get to the ripe old age of 72, I hope that 'i have not set foot in an office or worked a 40 hour week in almost 10 years'

But, for me ... that's decades away yet.

Someone ring that god Damn Bell ...

That's better ... glitter_xmas_bells.gif

Why do you people with no employable skills seem almost proud of the fact as though writing drivel on the internet is some amazing feat?

Why do you assume those who look at you with contempt are in the 'retirement' set?

Are you that jealous of those of us who have been gainfully employed, not to mention well financially rewarded, in Thailand in a traditional sense you have to resort to fantasy stereotypes? I bet you'd love to set foot in my office and have an ogle of some of the babes who work in there...

Ohh you tend to overlook those 'retired' and 'old' cracks after a while.

The amount of time that guys like myself, MRTOAD, ATF, Soutpeel and a few others are called old and retired cannot be counted. What these people overlook is that most of us are nowhere near retirement age.

What is old anyway?

To a digital pikey, anyone that wasn't born after 1985 is ancient anyway....lol.

• Like 1

Why do you people with no employable skills seem almost proud of the fact as though writing drivel on the internet is some amazing feat?

Why do you assume those who look at you with contempt are in the 'retirement' set?

Are you that jealous of those of us who have been gainfully employed, not to mention well financially rewarded, in Thailand in a traditional sense you have to resort to fantasy stereotypes? I bet you'd love to set foot in my office and have an ogle of some of the babes who work in there...

who says i write?

as for no employable skills, i did work for microsoft for 12 years in thailand before i chucked it. I was well compensated thank you.

"have been gainfully employed"? so would i be correct in numbering you amongst the retired?

it would seem i am not the only prone to assumption.

Edited by HooHaa

who says i write?

as for no employable skills, i did work for microsoft for 12 years in thailand before i chucked it. I was well compensated thank you.

People seem to have a strange idea about digital nomads, sure there are those that barely make a living but quite a big group that makes nice money. There are so many things you can do without having a physical office or workplace. Its just unimaginative people who think otherwise, when they started outsourcing things to cheaper countries this was the next logical step.

There are quite a few companies too now that let employees work at home. Many digital nomads are just self employed professionals. You don't have to be young to be one.

• Like 2

From the links (x 2) in the OP, I can't see what he was detained for. He even refused to state what it was for. He also clearly thought that whatever the reason was, it was illegal as he was prepared to pay to get released.

OK, he could have been scared, or believed what he read on some mentioned forum in his article.......................rolleyes.gif

He indicates that he would like to start an online venture but that is all. Not sure where the assumption comes from that he was 'arrested' for being a digital nomad?

Anyway, out of all his rantings, I hope it has sunk in, for both himself and anyone else doing something which could be construed as dodgy here, do not brag about it to total strangers that you meet in bars......................wink.png

If he is serious about seeing Thailand, then get out of Bkk.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

who says i write?

People seem to have a strange idea about digital nomads, sure there are those that barely make a living but quite a big group that makes nice money. There are so many things you can do without having a physical office or workplace. Its just unimaginative people who think otherwise, when they started outsourcing things to cheaper countries this was the next logical step.

There are quite a few companies too now that let employees work at home. Many digital nomads are just self employed professionals. You don't have to be young to be one.

The A-team never had an office did they?

Reckon if they were still about, they would have progressed into digital nomads?

tongue.png

It really does not matter all that much what we farangs think. I just am not so sure about the name digital nomads as nomads are people who move from place to place usually over a vary wide area often following the weather and few of the digital nomads we see here are as most of these do all they can to stay in one place for extended periods. If Thailand decides it does not like them working here that is up to them.

Edited by harrry

if one is running around doing stuff illegally and flapping his/her gums about it, kind of like rubbing it everyone's face then that does bother me

This is the type you need to watch out for in LOS. Angry guys who have way too much time on their hands. You call it "flapping gums and rubbing it in everyone's face." Some call this a conversation or getting to know each other.

Some people are looking to network and make contacts while others are just thinking about how they can destroy you. Sad world we live in.

OP thanks for sharing the link. Just to clarify, I was never "arrested for blogging."

Cheers!

• Like 1

if one is running around doing stuff illegally and flapping his/her gums about it, kind of like rubbing it everyone's face then that does bother me

This is the type you need to watch out for in LOS. Angry guys who have way too much time on their hands. You call it "flapping gums and rubbing it in everyone's face." Some call this a conversation or getting to know each other.

Some people are looking to network and make contacts while others are just thinking about how they can destroy you. Sad world we live in.

OP thanks for sharing the link. Just to clarify, I was never "arrested for blogging."

Cheers!

I'm an angry guy am I skins?

There's a big difference between having a conversation with someone & flapping ones gums, especially like this jerk, who is just flapping his gums online.....who's he having a conversation with....the world?

Come on, get real.

Cheers!

There's a big difference between having a conversation with someone & flapping ones gums, especially like this jerk, who is just flapping his gums online.....who's he having a conversation with....the world?

Come on, get real.

I'm not talking about online... When two people meet, at some point the conversation usually turns to, "so what are you doing here?" At that point, if you feel comfortable with the individual you will disclose some information to them. Is that "flapping gums" or "rubbing it in everyone's face?"

That's how it went down when I made a new "friend" in Thailand who turned out to be a snake. I'm simply warning people about these angry guys who take joy in others misery.

PS I am the "jerk." That's my website http://singlemansparadise.com/

• Like 1

Typical little smart arssed know it all nobody. He thinks he's making a fortune and the worlds first digital whatever to sell stuff on <deleted> eBay or whatever else he's up to.

In years to come he will realise what a little retard he actually is.

It's funny, no wonder somebody turned the little snott into the cops.

No doubt he will end up with half a dozen Thais stomping on his head one day and that will be so done else fault too.

Douchebag.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions... But yes, you seem like an angry guy neverdie.

• Like 1

Cheers!

Come on, get real.

I'm not talking about online... http://singlemansparadise.com/

Skins, I am talking about online, champ. Simple as that. As for the rest of what you've said I've got no issue with people having conversations or networking, that's life. ;)