Digital nomad told he's not a criminal for blogging, released without charge

jspill

Nobody is exactly covering themselves with glory here, are they?

Especially these Digital Nomarks....Looks like the OP's ploy to get more hits and a few baht in revenue, on his ludicrous blog backfired savagely....didn't half give me a giggle though...

• Like 2

It would certainly appear that skins didn't want to answer questions about his alleged adventures. Wonder why that is?

Starbucks is closed?
Lol

Too early.

Maybe he's patrolling the dark spots along the esplanade looking for friends ?

Maybe free wifi is too expensive

• Like 1

It would certainly appear that skins didn't want to answer questions about his alleged adventures. Wonder why that is?

Starbucks is closed?
Lol

Too early.

Maybe free wifi is too expensive

Lol

Starbucks is closed?
Lol

Too early.

Maybe he is patrolling the dark spots with his gentlemen (angry little boys) tackle hanging out in the hope of getting his second BJ ?

• Like 2

Especially these Digital Nomarks....Looks like the OP's ploy to get more hits and a few baht in revenue, on his ludicrous blog backfired savagely....didn't half give me a giggle though...

For a new member you quickly have made some friends. I can learn from you, i see.

• Like 1

For a new member you quickly have made some friends. I can learn from you, i see.

I've spoken to you about your jealousy before.

Be a good bio.....smile and good things will come to you too ;)

I am liking his style

I am liking his style

Me too. The plant seems to be right on the mark.

As I said to him or her earlier....Welcome to TVF.

I am liking his style

Me too. The plant seems to be right on the mark.

As I said to him or her earlier....Welcome to TVF.

Seems to me, had the pikeys sussed out from the get go

• Like 1

some sad things in this thread...

Do you need a tissue?

I am still confused what the dinosaur sitting at a PC was all about ? Surely not inferring some thing about old men ? Then manarak is in for a rude awakening many of the more prolific posters on this thread are not retired :D

• Like 1

Do you need a tissue?
I am still confused what the dinosaur sitting at a PC was all about ? Surely not inferring some thing about old men ? Then manarak is in for a rude awakening many of the more prolific posters on this thread are not retired :D

Soutie.....your input ...your input.....well......it is invaluable ......keep it up....

I've got nothing against people chancing it working in Thailand on a tourist visa. More power to you and the keep quiet rule is a good one to follow.

There are a few folks running digital training camps or tweeting and blogging profusely about running their startup from Thailand which is stupid IMHO. People I've talked to about this issue are very dismissive, citing the raid in Chiang Mai that resulted in no arrests or the Chiang Mai immigration boss stating digital nomads won't be targeted.

Compare that to the immigration boss who said that Russian travel agents who are unlicensed and without permits are ok to work and 2-3 months later we seen arrests in the news. My point is that Thailand flip-flops on which laws it enforces. You might be ok today and tomorrow. But they have the paper to back up the enforcement if they wish so it is a gamble.

Like I said though - Thailand makes it too hard to do this legitimately which is why this is a problem in the first place.

I've got nothing against people chancing it working in Thailand on a tourist visa. More power to you and the keep quiet rule is a good one to follow.

There are a few folks running digital training camps or tweeting and blogging profusely about running their startup from Thailand which is stupid IMHO. People I've talked to about this issue are very dismissive, citing the raid in Chiang Mai that resulted in no arrests or the Chiang Mai immigration boss stating digital nomads won't be targeted.

Compare that to the immigration boss who said that Russian travel agents who are unlicensed and without permits are ok to work and 2-3 months later we seen arrests in the news. My point is that Thailand flip-flops on which laws it enforces. You might be ok today and tomorrow. But they have the paper to back up the enforcement if they wish so it is a gamble.

Like I said though - Thailand makes it too hard to do this legitimately which is why this is a problem in the first place.

Its not hard in Thailand at all, how many other countries in the world let you turn up as a tourist, stay long term and undertake digital pikery when your not a citizen or PR of the country ? One suspects if Thailand tightened up its visa regulations a lot of the pikeys who are complaining about it bring too hard wouldn't be in country long term in the first place and would have to live their "nomadic"existence somewhere else

I have no problem with the concept of digital pikery but they should be made to register a legal entity in Thailand and pay their income tax

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Its not hard in Thailand at all, how many other countries in the world let you turn up as a tourist, stay long term and undertake digital pikery when your not a citizen or PR of the country ? One suspects if Thailand tightened up its visa regulations a lot of the pikeys who are complaining about it bring too hard wouldn't be in country long term in the first place and would have to live their "nomadic"existence somewhere else

I have no problem with the concept of digital pikery but they should be made to register a legal entity in Thailand and pay their income tax

It's not legal to do that. It's easy to work illegally everywhere. Turn up and start working.

Look at the legal way of being a 'digital pikey' as you put it.

- Enter Thailand on a 'non immigrant visa'

- Start a business with 2 million paid up capital

- Hire 4 odd employees and pay their social security

That's not easy...

It's not legal to do that. It's easy to work illegally everywhere. Turn up and start working.

Look at the legal way of being a 'digital pikey' as you put it.

- Enter Thailand on a 'non immigrant visa'

- Start a business with 2 million paid up capital

- Hire 4 odd employees and pay their social security

That's not easy...

Large numbers of pikeys claim to be independently wealthy so capitalising a Thb 2.0 million Ltd company should be no problem you don't even need 2.0 mill cash to do it

If you intend starting a legal company here the visa is easy to get

Fact is plenty of people start companies here just to own houses so the process isn't that hard is it ?

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

Do you need a tissue?

I am still confused what the dinosaur sitting at a PC was all about ? Surely not inferring some thing about old men ? Then manarak is in for a rude awakening many of the more prolific posters on this thread are not retired biggrin.png

One doesn't need to be of old age to be old in his head !!

• Like 1

Do you need a tissue?

I am still confused what the dinosaur sitting at a PC was all about ? Surely not inferring some thing about old men ? Then manarak is in for a rude awakening many of the more prolific posters on this thread are not retired biggrin.png

correct,,

sat in my room in angola,, having just put another 25,000bht in the old bank,,,for a days work, all legal,, and no pikery involved,,,

• Like 1

Do you need a tissue?

One doesn't need to be of old age to be old in his head !!

Just cos one has a brain in their thick skull doesn't infer they can use it..... Seeing as we are getting philosophical

• Like 1

Large numbers of pikeys claim to be independently wealthy so capitalising a Thb 2.0 million Ltd company should be no problem you don't even need 2.0 mill cash to do it

If you intend starting a legal company here the visa is easy to get

Fact is plenty of people start companies here just to own houses so the process isn't that hard is it ?

Claim to be wealthy. Then why are they here? They're trying to get something started on a shoestring otherwise they'd stay in their home countries.

I can tell you've never started a business here. It is a pain in the arse. The monthly social security payments cost 6000+ baht/month. Min salary is 50/60,000. Tax needs to be paid on that 18,000 baht a year.

It's true paid up capital doesn't need to be cash. It can be land but it needs to be tangible. You can't 'blag' it. Plus there is all of the Thai nominee bullshit - not being able to own your company outright unless you are American. It is easier if you are an American. Cost 60,000 in fees to get all that sorted out.

It's expensive. It's time consuming. It's no wonder so many people say <deleted> it and don't bother.

Thailand ranks very low on the 'Ease of business' rankings as a result.

• Like 1

I write about all of my adventures at http://singlemansparadise.com/

I also reply to every comment. You are all welcome to stop by and say hello.

Also, I'd like to state that I don't know the OP and I never asked to have my link posted on Thai Visa... But I appreciate the spike in traffic.

Chok dee na krap wai.gif

• Like 1