Digital nomad told he's not a criminal for blogging, released without charge

jspill

These digital pikeys and their supporters are funny chaps.

Basic fact is, they can't get past step 1. They can't get a legit visa.

They moan, bitch and whinge.....but nobody in the department of cuddles kisses and visas gives a hoot.

Sad to be a digital pikey......funny to watch.

Actually ND a bit more respect would be nice. Don't see much name calling going your way but you seem to keep doing it. That is actually one of the things that pisses me off. Plus that i know many digital nomads (most don't reside in Thailand).

Its actually nice to be a digital nomad, but its always hard to be a trend setter. Before it was unheard of to work from home for a company while more and more are now doing teleworking. The laws don't always keep up with new trents not even where I am from though there are some nice teleworking laws there now. The digital nomads are part of the future. Brick and mortar shops are not, things will always change and if this is always for the better.. that kinda depends who you are.

Rob,

What are you talking about? Respect? For who? You? If so, I don't have a problem or disrespect for you.

I'm not talking about Digital Nomads in London, Sydney, New York. I'm only referring to the digital pikeys living and working whilst doing so in a tourist visa or a visa without the correct work permit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Have respect for people that can't even follow basic rules and clearly have no respect for the country in which they reside? I don't think so.

Sorry this might disappoint you.

• Like 1

And Robo, my friend, you can thank the digital pikeys and everyone else doing the wrong thing for regular visits and constant examination of your situation.

The Authorities know people are flaunting the rules, it leaves a bad taste in their mouth.

Thank the wrong doers for the HEAT. wink.png

Actually you are in Thailand.. rules.. come on you know better.. crackdown here crackdown there and back to the old.

Personally I think I am being checked because my house is close to the immigration office. Makes an easy check for the officers with time to spare.

Does feel a bit like an invasion of privacy though.. having to take them to the bedroom for pictures. Not that I care nothing to hide.

And Robo, my friend, you can thank the digital pikeys and everyone else doing the wrong thing for regular visits and constant examination of your situation.

The Authorities know people are flaunting the rules, it leaves a bad taste in their mouth.

Thank the wrong doers for the HEAT. wink.png

Actually you are in Thailand.. rules.. come on you know better.. crackdown here crackdown there and back to the old.

Personally I think I am being checked because my house is close to the immigration office. Makes an easy check for the officers with time to spare.

Does feel a bit like an invasion of privacy though.. having to take them to the bedroom for pictures. Not that I care nothing to hide.

I understand and agree with this.....but do you really think they don't know that certain people are doing misleading things.

I've got an inlaw in immigration. I've discussed some of these issues with him.

I'm not trying to suggest things or the rules are perfect......I don't think any country can make claim to that.

Point is, if so,ething is illegal, it's still illegal even if people moan about it.

It would be nice to see the rules change, but my bet is, many would still do the wrong thing, because they don't want to pay the taxes, the fees, they don't want to play by the rules. That's my take.

They moan, bitch and whinge.....but nobody in the department of cuddles kisses and visas gives a hoot.

Actually ND a bit more respect would be nice. Don't see much name calling going your way but you seem to keep doing it. That is actually one of the things that pisses me off. Plus that i know many digital nomads (most don't reside in Thailand).

Agreed. There are a handful of posters here that are very quick to resort to childish name-calling when confronted with anything that doesn't fit their limited world view. It does little to advance their argument or promote civil discussion.

• Like 2

Agreed. There are a handful of posters here that are very quick to resort to childish name-calling when confronted with anything that doesn't fit their limited world view. It does little to advance their argument or promote civil discussion.

Digital Pikey?

Well, maybe people get fed up when the rules and conditions continue to get harder and harder for those of us who legitimately live within them; then have to jump through more and more hoops year after year just to make our legitimate livings here or simply enjoy family lives/retirements here because of a sector of people whose arrogance think as it puts them above the rest of us because they write shitty blogs about screwing ropey whores get a little p*ssed at these jokers.

As stated already, the Authorities know there are those screwing the system who think they're above it all.

• Like 1

Well, maybe people get fed up when the rules and conditions continue to get harder and harder for those of us who legitimately live within them; then have to jump through more and more hoops year after year just to make our legitimate livings here or simply enjoy family lives/retirements here because of a sector of people whose arrogance think as it puts them above the rest of us because they write shitty blogs about screwing ropey whores get a little p*ssed at these jokers.

As stated already, the Authorities know there are those screwing the system who think they're above it all.

Wow, talk about anger issues.

I can almost sense the bile wafting through cyberspace as you type.

Maybe Mr.Soutpeel's "ALBC" has a new member

Youpeople talk as though the only group doing things they

shouldn't on their visas are digital nomads. There's a guy here on a retirement

visa who freely admits to doing work on his wife's pig farm. For FS, he even

tells everybody about it on the forum. ANy of you people calling him out on it? Nope

Sorry but if you're retired here, doesn't that mean that you don't work? There's guys

paying Thai women monthly allowances for a sham marriage so they can stay here.

There's retirees who are working illegally as teachers to make ends meet, there

are guys who can't raise the 800,000 to be eligible for retirement visas so they

use agents who lend them the money to fool immigration.

The visa rules aren't getting more difficult because of digital

nomads - immigration don't give a stuff about them - the rules are

tougher because of teachers doing border runs, Russians, Vietnamese and Koreans

taking liberties with the system. I fund my lifestyle here by working online from

home. I don't broadcast it because it's no one's business but mine but it'll be

snowing on the equator the day I feel ashamed for not settingup a company to pay

4 Thais to sit around playing Candy Crush Saga on their smartphones.

• Like 1

tells everybody about it on the forum. ANy of you people calling him out on it? Nope

Sorry but if you're retired here, doesn't that mean that you don't work? There's guys

are guys who can't raise the 800,000 to be eligible for retirement visas so they

taking liberties with the system. I fund my lifestyle here by working online from

snowing on the equator the day I feel ashamed for not settingup a company to pay

What a load of cobblers. "They're all worse than me!!!" you yell while accusing others of having 'anger issues'.

I think the fragile reality of your situation makes you sweat with fear.

Why can't you lot just admit you are here illegally without dragging others down to your level in the gutter? You're all as bad as each other in my eyes.

You can try and fob off the blame onto others yet retain the arrogance to think you are above them and are somehow above Immigration's rules and radar. You are still a part of the problem no matter how smart or above the other cheats are. You should feel more ashamed for not having the tools to operate here legitimately.

To paint a worst case scenario I could well see a day in the future when the Authorities' patience just runs out and it's that's it! 14/30 days maximum per year for everyone who has no legitimate reason for being here.

When that day comes I'll be having a real chuckle at all those who thought themselves oh so smart for the system while the getting was good....and that includes you Bucko...

• Like 2

No I'm not making it up. I'm sure the other incredibly vocal

anti-DN brigade can jog your memory as to the pig-farmer's identity.

I never said you were angry, Quick Draw - don't be so defensive. You can

clearly see whose post I was responding to. Oh and I'm not a pikey.

I've been at this just over 5 years here; I earn well, live in a good

part of Bangkok, I save money, have full medical cover for me and my

daughter and not a pack of Mama noodles in sight

• Like 1

No I'm not making it up. I'm sure the other incredibly vocalanti-DN brigade can jog your memory as to the pig-farmer's identity.I never said you were angry, Quick Draw - don't be so defensive. You can clearly see whose post I was responding to. Oh and I'm not a pikey. I've been at this just over 5 years here; I earn well, live in a goodpart of Bangkok, I save money, have full medical cover for me and my daughter and not a pack of Mama noodles in sight

I'm not being defensive at all. Just asking questions.

No Mama, what's wrong with you? It's good beefed up with. Fresh veggies.

As you were.

What a load of cobblers. "They're all worse than me!!!" you yell while accusing others of having 'anger issues'.

I think the fragile reality of your situation makes you sweat with fear.

Why can't you lot just admit you are here illegally without dragging others down to your level in the gutter? You're all as bad as each other in my eyes.

You can try and fob off the blame onto others yet retain the arrogance to think you are above them and are somehow above Immigration's rules and radar. You are still a part of the problem no matter how smart or above the other cheats are. You should feel more ashamed for not having the tools to operate here legitimately.

To paint a worst case scenario I could well see a day in the future when the Authorities' patience just runs out and it's that's it! 14/30 days maximum per year for everyone who has no legitimate reason for being here.

When that day comes I'll be having a real chuckle at all those who thought themselves oh so smart for the system while the getting was good....and that includes you Bucko...

Listen to yourself

You sound like a spoiled brat chucking his toys out of some irrational

sense that his private party's been gatecrashed by a load of freebooters

who are banging the hot girls in his bedroom and smoking his ganja stash.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

How can you be so enraged at what others do when it actually has

no discernible impact on your life beyond the fact their means of

generating income is of no real interest to immigration. You seem to think that

you have some kind of ordained right to be here that supersedes all others.

Well, I'morry buddy but you can sit at home planning your sad little celebration but

don't buy your party hamper for one just yet. Fortunately, policy at immigration and labor

isn't influences by the rants of foreigners choking on their own bile.

• Like 1

I think YS is trying to distance himself from The Pikeys.

I doubt he writes about 10 dollar blow jobs.

Fair enuf. I don't know him.

I just don't understand what upsets people like this so much. Is the word "pikey" really that bad?

I've been called a whole lot worse. ;)

I just don't understand what upsets people like this so much. Is the word "pikey" really that bad?

It seems it is, TVs Number one DP likes to post about it on other forums.

Yeah whatever, man. Who needs perception with "ThePlant"??!!! Just read what he's written. It's clear as a bell - he's deranged.

I haven't seen much of his work, but from what I've seen, he's right on the mark.

Maybe it's you?

Don't think The Plant is deranged, seems he has made some valid points.

• Like 2

It seems it is, TVs Number one DP likes to post about it on other forums.

I didn't know. Haven't seen that either.

Clearly I need to get out from under my rock.

I'm gonna race out and buy a "I love digital pikey" t-shirt.

• Like 1

Yeah whatever, man. Who needs perception with "ThePlant"??!!! Just read what he's written. It's clear as a bell - he's deranged.

I haven't seen much of his work, but from what I've seen, he's right on the mark.

Maybe it's you?

It appears yeahsiam is getting really angry.

Listen to yourself

You sound like a spoiled brat chucking his toys out of some irrational

sense that his private party's been gatecrashed by a load of freebooters

who are banging the hot girls in his bedroom and smoking his ganja stash.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

How can you be so enraged at what others do when it actually has

no discernible impact on your life beyond the fact their means of

generating income is of no real interest to immigration. You seem to think that

you have some kind of ordained right to be here that supersedes all others.

Well, I'morry buddy but you can sit at home planning your sad little celebration but

don't buy your party hamper for one just yet. Fortunately, policy at immigration and labor

isn't influences by the rants of foreigners choking on their own bile

Oh My! If anyone is ranting now it is you.

I think the frailty of your status here has rattled you.

You are frothing like some poor unfortunate who has to grub around in the gutter trying to feed on the scraps which drop from the high table.

My 'ordained right' comes in the form of my WP and visa which you clearly lack but probably dream about.

The truth is that in nearly all my time theres always been pikeys here.

They used to call themselves 'freelancers' (usually writers, photographers, financial consultants, investment bankers etc) Every now and again one would get a piece or photo in one of the dailies or the glossies, or get lucky and land a nice stint at a multi national. They all had one over riding thing in common with the pikeys on this post; they thought they were above it all and 'outside the system'. None remain here now though. They too got careless and over confident.

I'm waiting for you to fall back on one of the old standard retorts that we are 'old' 'out of touch' 'not getting the hot HiSo women you entrepreneur billionaires are getting'' etc....We've had 'angry' and 'deranged' now BTW....

What gets me is that most of you will defend a pensioners

right to hook up with a 25 year old; as far as you're concerned,

if he wants to pay her money and delude himself that she

loves him, it's his business asit's not hurting anyone

else but you people pick up torches and pitchforks and demand lynching

because somebody makes his/her living online under the radar.

OK so thepensioner's not doing anything illegal but I bet more

Thais and farangs would turn their nose up in disgust at what he's

doing than give a shit if somebody makes money writing a blogor

selling crap on eBay in the West somewhere.

Aren't you guys alittle old for pettiness

Maybe it's you?

It appears yeahsiam is getting really angry.

A pikey getting angry :lol: never :rolleyes:

What gets me is that most of you will defend a pensionersright to hook up with a 25 year old; as far as you're concerned,if he wants to pay her money and delude himself that sheloves him, it's his business asit's not hurting anyoneelse but you people pick up torches and pitchforks and demand lynchingbecause somebody makes his/her living online under the radar.OK so thepensioner's not doing anything illegal but I bet more Thais and farangs would turn their nose up in disgust at what he's doing than give a shit if somebody makes money writing a blogor selling crap on eBay in the West somewhere.Aren't you guys alittle old for pettiness

Dear boy who is getting angry and ranting now,but you forgot to stamp your little and say it's just not fair