Coffee Enema for Weight Loss

Tolley

Enemas per se will not help you lose weight. There is a transient weight loss due to removal of intestinal contents (just as there is after a bout of diarrhea) , that is all...no loss of fat.

If enemas are combined with some sort of fasting (as is often the case) then yes, of course there will be real weight loss, because you are consuming less or no food. The problem is that with this sort of thing people tend t gain the weight right back, but for some people sometimes it can be a good way to "jump start" things and the weight lost in a fast program encourages them to keep going with necessary diet and exercise etc.

You are just being silly now.

I don't have to prove anything anyway.

As I said plenty of people have used them and say they have benefitted from them.

Do you think there is scientific studies on everything we do in life ?

Any why are you so opposed to something that you don't know either way whether it is beneficial or not?

No, I'm not being silly.

You said things "often used in hospitals in days gone by so I doubt they were used if they didn't do anything at all". Which is a silly statement. I gave an example of things used in the past that today we know were harmful.

Of course you have to prove your statements if someone disputes them. If you are saying proof is not necessary, then, how do we know anything does anything? It's the basis of all science. If you cannot back-up your position, it shows you don't know and are just listening to someone else uncritically.

So, you believe if there isn't a scientific study on a particular subject, you have the right to fill that gap with pure conjecture and guesswork? No wonder you don't want to offer proof, or, reasoned arguments.

I'm opposed to all quackery and new age bullshit that rubbishes conventional science that offers no proof. It's dangerous. A good example would be Steve Jobs who tried to cure his cancer by new age methods. By the time he realised that it was all hokum and turned back to scientific medicine, it was too late.

Either back your claims up, or, don't post unsubstantiated bullshit. You should remember Galen's dictum. "First, do no harm".

It seems like you have something stuck up your rear end by the tone of your posts.

I think an enema would do you the world of good.

The enema was actually used by the Germans as a pain killer in WW1 discovered by accident apparently.

And it was in the Merick manual til the 1970s so it was certainly not considered harmful and you have not cited any evidence against the enema other than some rantings about scientific studies of which there isn't any.

You are just being silly now.

I don't have to prove anything anyway.

As I said plenty of people have used them and say they have benefitted from them.

Do you think there is scientific studies on everything we do in life ?

Any why are you so opposed to something that you don't know either way whether it is beneficial or not?

He is opposed because it is harmful that people are able to recommend useless and irrelevant health advice based on zero evidence.

In effect this means that anybody, whether through ignorance, deliberate deception, self-deception or failure to understand how scientific inquiry works can claim anything they want, and you would expect that claim should just be trusted.

This is a recipe for foolishness.

There is NO treatment or activity, however stupid and ineffective, that will not have hundreds of people willing to recommend it anecdotally. This is just because human psychology works like this: people see patterns that aren't really there. This is why the scientific method was developed: it tests whether people's mistaken impressions are true, or not.

Does eating a tiger's penis make you have vigorous erections? Tigers are on the brink of extinction because chinese people will testify that they do. Science could save the tiger. Anecdotes won't.

Thanks for your input Professor Partington. In case you didn't know this is not the Lancet but a health forum topic for fatties.

You have offered no evidence against the enema rather postulating because it hasn't been thru rigorous scientific trials that it must therefore be useless.

If we were to wait to or to have to depend on scientific evidence for everything then we would never do anything.

Scientists believed the earth was flat many years back so don't think your scientific evidence is fool proof either Prof Partingtom

Edited by Tolley

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...