Koh Phi Phi

ftaylo00

Hi

I am conducting research for a PhD in Tourism Development and Planning, registered with the Faculty of Business and Law at De Montfort University, Leicester, England.

The subject of my research is Sustainable Development and Planning in Koh Phi Phi, focusing upon the different stakeholder interests that interact within the destination to determine whether sustainable development is possible. As part of this process I am trying to establish as many contacts as possible in order to obtain a wide range of views on the subject to ensure that I have a comprehensive picture of the situation regarding the redevelopment on Phi Phi. It is important that I obtain as many viewpoints as possible so that I might make valid conclusions from my research.

There may be people in this forum who either have a link with Phi Phi or would be suitably informed about the wider issues of sustainable development in Thailand. I would like to ask if you would be willing to visit my research website - [Moderator removed link] to find out more about my research and, if you are willing to complete one of the online questionnaires - ideally the 'new'one. I would really appreciate any information or opinions you have regarding the redevelopment plans for the island.

I would be extremely appreciative of any assistance that you can provide

or alternatively if you can make any suggestions of other people that

might be suitably informed on this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best Wishes

Faye Taylor

De Montfort University, UK

/Moderator removed Link - please PM user for information

• 4 weeks later...

Faye,

Just a suggestion but you might get a better response posting in the Phuket forum. I know Krabi isn't too far away but Phuket is closer.

Are you also planning on visiting Phi Phi, or are you hoping to reach your conclusions via questioning people?

Another method you may want to try, is to ask a specific question and people may then respond to that particular question.You initially say "focusing upon the different stakeholder interests that interact within the destination to determine whether sustainable development is possible". Which to most people, is a tad broad. Just my opinion.

Good luck with the Phd, by the time i'd finished my Masters, i'd had enough :o:D