What's the bar scene like on Loi Kroh these days?

wellred

Just go to the mall and and easy to attract younger low mileage girls like moths to flame if your observant.

Of course a lot of them want a long term Daddy ATM to rain baht on them.

But you can easily give them a test drive and donate to their expenses for the time exchanged.

Are you seriously suggesting that ex-pats should stalk young women in shopping malls like predictors on the hunt for vulnerable prey and that many of the girls who visit malls are potential prostitutes? Or perhaps this is your perception that most Thai women have the traits that given the opportunity will prostitute themselves?

Low mileage, test drive, you equate them to vehicles. Are you some kind of perverted moron? If I should witness anyone like you perving and trying to solicit women in a public area or shopping mall, I would have you arrested. Weird and sick.

Stalk? Yeah they tend to stalk me and if one pays any attention they are interested in other men also.

Maybe you don't look attractive to them but when I go to a mall they are trying to catch my eye. If a girl catches your eye after the first contact then it means they are interested in you.

I guess some people don't understand that concept.

I just give them my email or phone and that's that.

Women like attention and if you slip them your email or # then even if they don't call you they feel good about themselves. They feel desireable and that is a big part of why women go to malls etc. They like attention.

And have a card or piece of paper all ready to give to them so it's not awkward. Just say excuse me.. Call me if you like and give them the paper.

Anymore fake moral outrage you would like to display BJ?

So you actually take pre printed cards with your personal info, to the mall, to slip these lucky ladies and make them feel desirable?

*chuckle*

OP, if nothing else you'll find the CM nightlife (and malls) good for comedy, sometimes intended... sometimes not. But always there. Have not yet had a night out in CM that I would classify as grim (maybe a couple grim moments though). Bottom line with the diaspora of opinions - you're going to have to investigate and make your own call. Beautiful city and place to be. Best of luck. :)

• Like 1

Stalk? Yeah they tend to stalk me and if one pays any attention they are interested in other men also.

Maybe you don't look attractive to them but when I go to a mall they are trying to catch my eye. If a girl catches your eye after the first contact then it means they are interested in you.

I guess some people don't understand that concept.

I just give them my email or phone and that's that.

Women like attention and if you slip them your email or # then even if they don't call you they feel good about themselves. They feel desireable and that is a big part of why women go to malls etc. They like attention.

And have a card or piece of paper all ready to give to them so it's not awkward. Just say excuse me.. Call me if you like and give them the paper.

Anymore fake moral outrage you would like to display BJ?

So you actually take pre printed cards with your personal info, to the mall, to slip these lucky ladies and make them feel desirable?

*chuckle*

OP, if nothing else you'll find the CM nightlife (and malls) good for comedy, sometimes intended... sometimes not. But always there. Have not yet had a night out in CM that I would classify as grim (maybe a couple grim moments though). Bottom line with the diaspora of opinions - you're going to have to investigate and make your own call. Beautiful city and place to be. Best of luck. smile.png

many, many long-time expats in Thailand have cards printed in Thai language with their contact info and they give them to ladies they meet. many get a good response; provided they are clean, physically fit, nicely dressed, etc. if the lady chooses to make contact, a conversation ensues (in Thai language) and usually a meeting is arranged to meet for a meal. what happens next depends on the chemistry.

if you are obese, dirty and unshaven, wearing flip flops, and are a cheap charlie, can't speak a word of Thai even though you've lived here 10 years, then don't bother trying this!

• Like 2

if you are obese, dirty and unshaven, wearing flip flops, and are a cheap charlie, can't speak a word of Thai even though you've lived here 10 years, then don't bother trying this!

i try all of these things, but it doesnt work. i still have to return waves and smiles from multiple beautiful young girls daily. it a real pain after a while. so i only go outside when i absolutely need to.

PS: i'll bet you are holding back your best tips and demanding payment or royalties in a book or something

Edited by whispering bag

Better not be a smart dresser over here, because almost nobody do these days. The ladies will think you are kind of weird or gay. If you wear wife beaters, shorts and flip flops and are bold, unshaven (yeah, hipster beards) plus have a nice beer belly, you will be much in demand for many thai ladies. At least, it seems so. But I know OT. The bar ladies on Loi Kroh or elsewhere will give a sh.. about this anyway;-)

spicy was indeed hopping.....i wore my best wife beater with super tight denim shorts, and showing my guns like a weight lifter. i do need to lose another 300 lbs/50 stones/150 kgs (?) for my 5 ft 1 frame but no worries i got my groove on. i admit, the girls didn't like me at first, but i was raining 1000's for 10 minutes before i left the king. they say i look good good....

Edited by puukao
  • Like 2

^ The success rate doesn't have to be very high if the quantity is up there. So it's just persistence really.

It's like challenging a girl with "pick a number between 1 and 100, if I can read your mind then you'll have sex with me".

Every 50 or so you get it right.

10 in a night, so that means you score at least once a week.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

And don't kid yourself. If a Thai girl/women is approached and given a paper or card then in her mind she is the hottest thing in the world and will tell many friends and buy new clothes because they deserve it.

Seriously a guy could be wearing a giant diaper and tell a girl she is beautiful and she is going to massage the experience into something positive about her beauty.

Revelation of the esoteric meaning of an important dynamic aspect of Thai cultural norms and social-interaction patterns ... of-the-month !

~o:37;

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the BIB turned up and had the Loa Kroh bars closed down before midnight last night ?

All I mangaged to find out via a couple of quick calls that there was an incident at the bar beginning with L on Kotchasan road

re

Does anyone know why the BIB turned up and had the Loa Kroh bars closed down before midnight last night ?

All I mangaged to find out via a couple of quick calls that there was an incident at the bar beginning with L on Kotchasan road

ive no idea if they shut down loi kroh bars down at midnight or

had an incident in a bar begining with l in kotchasan road

but i can tell you they had a police and army check point outside lucky and power bar at 11 ish last night :)

dave2

ps ... theyv seemed to be looking at something out of someones backpack in the back of the pickup truck !

post-42592-0-81866800-1420376839_thumb.j

post-42592-0-69113400-1420377013_thumb.j

• Like 1

And don't kid yourself. If a Thai girl/women is approached and given a paper or card then in her mind she is the hottest thing in the world and will tell many friends and buy new clothes because they deserve it.

Seriously a guy could be wearing a giant diaper and tell a girl she is beautiful and she is going to massage the experience into something positive about her beauty.

Revelation of the esoteric meaning of an important dynamic aspect of Thai cultural norms and social-interaction patterns ... of-the-month !

Huh?

Well, yeah, maybe! Maybe not!

Huh?

Well, yeah, maybe! Maybe not!

CSN's expressed attitude about Thai women is so offensive if taken seriously it only speaks to the regrettable condition of his illness.

Well there are two temples on Loy Kroh, three if you count the Chinese center, and a McDonalds AND Burger King on either side.

So chances are we'll keep debating it no matter what. wink.png

And there are more and more restaurants opening up, of course. Latest is that Carnival bar now serves food. My original understanding was that this was mostly to get some more wiggle-room on bar-closing days (as they would be able to claim it's a restaurant much like bars in the USA are forced to do in several states. ;) ) but I tried a burger just for the heck of it and it was excellent. Turns out they hired a former chef / chef assistant (and his wife) from Chez Marco. It's not really an environment for fine dining, but I am tempted to now try some of the fancier stuff on the menu.

So with the burger place outside of the Raming Lodge Hotel, and McD adn Burger King, Loy Kroh may yet turn into the new Hamburger Argument Battle Ground! :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

And there are more and more restaurants opening up, of course. Latest is that Carnival bar now serves food.

Unless she has sold it, the owner had a restaurant there initially, which had moved from behind where Cozy Corner used to be: The Laughing Leprechaun used to be one of the best places in town. However, that was a lot more due to her former husband than to her, but maybe she remembers enough to provide some good food once again.

Edited by Ulysses G.