Leeds Will They Or Won't They?

warriors

aaaaahh the sock tags , the soggy meat pies , the flat caps , the bone cold misty january saturday afternoons in the shed , the three inches of urine and the untipped woodbine dog ends sloshing around in the concrete urinals.

no more bendix , no more , these posts are getting too emotional.

the tears are welling up.

wheres the kleenex man size !

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm being honest, I can't see Leeds going down this season, but we're 12 games in and they're in a terrible position. As hopeful as I am, I wouldn't say they're too good for relegation. You should never say that."

We need a good manager, plus money spent on players that are good enough to get us up where we would like them to be. How can we fall, so far, so fast? we were good enough for the play offs last year for F#*&s sake!!!

I'm not convinced we were that good last year. The few games I saw were dire and we got more than lucky a few times. I think we flattered to deceive.

I follwed the Blades through last year ,all listening to the internet radio in the middle of the night ( Asia time) so I could see the progress of Leeds also.

I thought that Leeds did OK ,not enough to go up obviously, but not enough to be discredited.

However,,,,whats going on this year?

Its still early doors so anything can happen eh?

BTW thanks for Rob Hulse,he is a star.

Cheers

aaaaahh the sock tags , the soggy meat pies , the flat caps , the bone cold misty january saturday afternoons in the shed , the three inches of urine and the untipped woodbine dog ends sloshing around in the concrete urinals.

no more bendix , no more , these posts are getting too emotional.

the tears are welling up.

wheres the kleenex man size !

Ahh....the sounds and smells of Rotherham

Dennis Wise then.

I have just read that Leeds have been granted permission to talk to him and Poyet...Swindon have elevated their reserve team coach to be manager, so it all seems cut and dried...and Carver has already left.

The good 'ole days could return,,I think Dennis has the passion to motivate the players, and maybee be able to twist a few arms to get some new ones.

Something to smile about at last guys :o

I cannot believe the demise of Leeds. They were a really good side with massive potential until 2004. I'm a Spurs fan , but I always had a soft spot for Leeds since my Brother started supporting them in the 70's. Here's to the future , I hope they get back to their former Glory.

:o

Leeds & Swindon agree Wise deal

Leeds have agreed a deal with Swindon allowing them to speak with Robins boss Dennis Wise and his assistant Gus Poyet about their managerial vacancy.

Swindon had earlier announced they had withdrawn permission for talks as Leeds had failed to meet their demands.

But a Leeds statement said: "Leeds have now been granted permission to discuss personal terms with both Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet."

Leeds also announced that caretaker manager John Carver has left the club.

David Geddis, who has been assisting Carver since Kevin Blackwell was sacked, is expected to take charge of Tuesday's Carling Cup tie against Southend.

Meanwhile, Swindon have put Dave Tuttle, who was acting as their Head of Youth and Scouting Director, as their caretaker manager.

The revelations suggest Wise's appointment is close and brings an end to a confusing day during which each club released conflicting statements concerning the negotiations for the former Chelsea midfielder and former team-mate Poyet.

The day began with a statement from Swindon that said they had reluctantly given Leeds permission to speak with Wise and Poyet, who are under contract until 2009.

But a later statement from the Wiltshire side said: "The club made clear they would only release Dennis and Gus from their contracts if suitable compensation was paid.

"Regrettably, it has proven impossible to agree compensation. The club has withdrawn permission for Leeds to talk with or seek to appoint Wise or Poyet."

The Robins also revealed they have offered Wise and Poyet improved terms if they stayed at the County Ground.

Wise and Poyet have clauses in their contracts allowing them to speak to interested Premiership or Championship clubs, providing Swindon receive the value of one year's salary for both men in compensation.

Ex-England midfielder Wise took charge at the County Ground in May, following Swindon's relegation to League Two, and they won their first six league games under him.

They are now third in League Two, three points behind leaders Walsall.

Leeds have been without a manager since sacking Kevin Blackwell in September when coach John Carver took charge on a caretaker basis at Elland Road.

Carver conceded that his chances of landing the job permanently had probably ended with the recent 4-0 home defeat by Stoke. They were thrashed 5-1 by Luton on Saturday.

Wise has been continually linked with Leeds after spending many years as a player under United chairman Ken Bates at Chelsea.

He also managed Millwall between October 2003 and May 2005, leading them to the 2004 FA Cup final.

not exactly confirmed yet , but it looks like it could be on the cards.

i dont know much about wise , other than that he once beat up a taxi driver when drunk.

If this is confirmed, then I think it will be a good move. A lot of the Leeds fans on various web forums are against it, but their only reason seems to be that he is ex-Chelsea, the idiots.

To me he is EXACTLY the sort of character we need at the moment - someone to come in and kick some serious arse because all I hear is that the team is in dire need of reenergising and have some life put back into them. he is also the guy to sort out the infighting and cliques that the players have developed.

For the first time in months, I feel relatively positive.

You know Leeds have hit rock bottom when Man Utd and Spurs fans are coming to this thread to offer good wishes.

You know Leeds have hit rock bottom when Man Utd and Spurs fans are coming to this thread to offer good wishes.

both those teams were hovering like hungry vicious vultures looking for bargain meat when leeds were imploding a couple of years ago and feasted themselves on our remains , however , the good wishes are welcomed from both redrus and chonabot.

both those teams were hovering like hungry vicious vultures looking for bargain meat when leeds were imploding a couple of years ago and feasted themselves on our remains , however , the good wishes are welcomed from both redrus and chonabot.

No worries Tax, I live down the road fron Leeds, many of my friends are good fans and supporters of the club. Though..........,

....one ofthese vultures, payed that much for one player inparticular, the deal is considered to have stopped you going under back then.

You happier with Wise than Curbishley gents....?

redrus

one ofthese vultures, payed that much for one player inparticular, the deal is considered to have stopped you going under back then.

are we talking duckmouth here ? :o

yes i admit there was sniggering aplenty in yorkshire when ferguson coughed up , what was it again ? 27 big ones , for him.

i believe he still spends most of his wages down the hairdressers.

I, thats the one, nearly laughed my nuts off myself to honest, stupid money. Still it makes up a little for Eric, doesn't it.......... :o:D

Mind you, if he keeps turning over the dippers he's a job for life.... :D

redrus

Can't blame the likes of Man Utd and Spurs for picking the meat off our ravaged bones. I would have expected Leeds to do the same had roles been reversed. To be honest, I think the Rio deal saved us and the Smith deal certainly helped too, especially when he refused a personal fee from Leeds as a parting gesture.

The deals that really stuck in my throat, though, were Kewell and Viduka. Bastards.

To answer your Q, redrus, yes, I'm much happier with Wise than Curbishley.

Sky TV report; Wise is at Elland Road.

redrus

To answer your Q, redrus, yes, I'm much happier with Wise than Curbishley.

*Thought so. What if you were higher up, maybe premiership....? J'd have gone with Curbs, maybe a year or two forward....

Edited by redrus

Yep - much happier with Wisey than Curbs. The first has something to prove, the second has nothing to gain and everything to lose...

As for Kewell, the ungrateful tw@t, at least we had his best years out of him at Elland Road. All he's done since then is spend time with the physio, time on the bench, or blasting shots in to Row Z...

My missus still fancies him though...

Here you go gents, with any luck and best wishes, we can get back to hating eachother's guts.... :o

Leeds complete a Wise move

By Phil Jackson - Created on 24 Oct 2006

Dennis Wise and his assistant Gus Poyet have been confirmed as the new management team at Leeds United.

The ex-Chelsea duo have linked up with chairman Ken Bates after a successful start to the season with Swindon Town.

There had been some financial wranglings over the deal, but the board at Elland Road have now reached an agreement with the League Two outfit.

"A compensation package has been agreed between the two clubs and Swindon Town have placed on record their thanks to Leeds United for the professional manner in which they made their approaches," a club statement read. A little more of this in the higher leagues is needed in a big way....!

"Dennis will take over as manager of the club from Wednesday October 25 and will be assisted by Gus. Andrew [beasley] joins us as a goalkeeping coach with immediate effect."

redrus

Edited by redrus

Just heard Ken Bates' pre-match interview on Yorkshire Radio - he was fuming about this video being taken without his knowledge:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_page...rt/sport3.shtml

Sounds like we'll be in for some new signings - he said that they took about half an hour to agree personal terms with Dennis Wise and then spent the rest of the day planning who to bring in....

No, they're watching from the stands - I think it's Dave Geddis, the reserve team coach who's in charge tonight. Looks like if he couldn't do it, Bates would have to as he sacked every single member of the coaching staff bar Geddis for being sh*te...

If things don't start looking up quick smart, it sounds like Bates wants rid of everyone and start again from scratch. Unfortunately this would mean selling Killer and Healy to fund new players - lets just hope Wisey gets cracking sharpish...

EDIT: Yikes! Ian Moore gets one back on the stroke of half time - come on lads!

Edited by jezchesters