Where Can I get Big Boxes for packing and moving?

sunoco27

Yes, try one of our Thai Visa sponsors. He has a huge array of cartons, and if you're moving with his company, he will supply the boxes, bubble wrap, paper, packaging tape all included in the quote -yes he does want the boxes back.

Try this:

http://www.chiangmairemovals.com/

Yes, they speak English.

I've used John four times now. not a problem at all and good prices.

After having searched for boxes myself half a year ago, I would second the recommendation of going with the Thai VISA sponsor. I used them for storing some items (though at that time, I didn’t know they were a sponsor), and the price was good, no idea about their boxes though, as I used boxes bought in OfficeMate (behind Central Airport), but the dimensions of these are only 40×40×30 cm and with a nice finish (which you pay for), so more for archival purposes.

Back then I was told that you can buy used boxes from some guy in front of CMU, and I have also seen that the TNT / UPS front on Changklan Rd. has a stack of boxes, but those are shipping boxes, so not ideal for moving.

I got 4 very large boxes from Makro. I will need them in the future. These boxes are extremely sturdy and I'll be packing my 16" wheel folding bike in one of them. I see these boxes all the time the some of the grocery aisle. I believe they packaging delicate bottle displays.

The price is quite reasonable, "FREE".

Edited by vagabond48
  • Like 1

They sell many different sizes, second hand, on the pavement on right side, just before back entrance to CMU on Suthep Road. Very good.

I have passed this vendor and many of the 2nd hand boxes have grocery labeling so they probably come from the supermarkets like Macro.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

On 12/18/2014 at 12:38 PM, Farangdanny said:

They sell many different sizes, second hand, on the pavement on right side, just before back entrance to CMU on Suthep Road. Very good.

The box seller, at the location described above, is still on Suthep Road as of July 2021.  Clean used boxes of all sizes--great for moving.  Bought 10 strong boxes (each 60x40x40cm) and a roll of packing tape for 350baht.   The seller is an older disabled man.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1